Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

20 posts, 16 members
Macs
5351 posts
Is it true Avon’s finishing? I just saw it on Facebook. I hope it’s not.
trudijoy
8375 posts
looks pretty certain Macs.

Personally I think they've been getting more overpriced and less appealing every year, but I know there are people who have things they love from there so i'm sad for them - as well as for the people who will lose the income 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Sadly yes it is true. My Mum and my Nanna always used Avon and I did for a time too. I remember when I was a little kid and the Avon brochures always use to have a special soap collection. I collected soaps and had so many of them. Sadly when we immigrated over here I wasn't allowed to bring them for some reason and had to gift them to family and friends. Such a wonderful collection too :-(
Kimrose
1416 posts
I saw this on the news tonight, such a shame for the Avon users in New Zealand and Australia
Macs
5351 posts
All my aunties, neighbors,cousins sold it . I’m going to miss it . Especially as I really love this Avon liquid liner from the last vault. Everything I like is going damn it .
MareeB
5241 posts
Such a shock! I worked at McLeods soap factory in Dunedin many moons ago, and we made some of the fancy shaped Avon soaps - they were tricky devils and expensive to make compared to other soaps, but I loved them. I also loved the perfumes that came in cute bottles.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ooooh yes, I loved some of their perfumes. There is a new one that I had a sniff of that my Sister has and it smells really nice. Need to get my hands on it before it goes.  It was called Imari Elixir but it was in a body spray.
MareeB
5241 posts
I like their standard Imari. They used to have a solid perfume called Candid which was absolutely divine. They discontinued it eventually which was a big shame. I've used tons of their perfumes over the years.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I really like the Little Black Dress in the roller form, didn't think I would like it as it was described to me as a musk smell which I don't usually like that much.
Imoshen
461 posts
Awww that is a real shame.  I guess it was inevitable really as people become more savy using the internet to research product ingredients, youtube tutorials and of course online purchasing of the next and greatest brands.

Avon is based on an outdated business model and needs to change with the times in order to remain competitive.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Oh this is so sad! I really like one of their perfumes called midnight fantasy I think. It's cheap and pretty long lasting, and it smells really fruity and fresh. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
It is a shame. But I wasn't entirely surprised.
siouxsannah
261 posts
That's a shame. I remember when I was about 11 or 12, Mum would get a new Avon brochure each month and I would look through it. 
_Justine_
3 posts
To be honest I am not overly suprised. Gave up a few years ago as I found the process to purchase Avon was much like Tupperware, very unaccessible and not changing with the times. Getting in touch with a rep for either was a tedious task and in this day and age when online shopping is so easily available, why bother. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
End of an era! Personally, I never even think to buy from Avon. Lots of childhood memories of the soaps and perfume bottles though. My mum was a rep for at one point too. 
EliseMM
120 posts
I still flick through the brochures that my Mum receives, and have tried a few products myself. It was such a great idea for stay-at-home-mums who wanted to earn their own money, and even for people wanting to improve their sales skills and learn a few marketing skills. 
MissQT
1547 posts
I've never purchased from Avon personally or any of the "catalogue" type brands.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I saw this on Facebook too. I remember when I was little and my Mum sold it. It's been around for years! Personally I've never purchased from them before.
BeautyGirl
162 posts
Sadly true! my nanny was a rep and loved their stuff. I have been getting avon for my birthday since I was a young girl! from the body wash to make up. No idea what il get now! I will miss their eyeliners!
swamphen
73 posts
End of an era alright.  I feel sorry for the reps that rely on that little bit of extra income

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!