Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

14 posts, 10 members
MissQT
1547 posts
Hey girls, in going to Auckland for work this week and staying the weekend. Where are all the best places to shop including bargains. I'd like to go out to dressmart. I'd also like to go to that CS factory but I don't think it's open on the weekend. I also know there's smith and caughleys in town too.
MareeB
5244 posts
Ooooh - my guilty pleasure is No 1 Shoe Warehouse! it's hidden down a side alleyway off Queen Street and I always have trouble finding it...
Kimrose
1419 posts
There are 2 Smith and caughey, one in the city and the other in newmarket. Dressmart is goos for bargins however parking is hellish on the weekends.  Most places are having sales now, such a great time to shop. Have fun in my town. I love it.
shazatron101
5112 posts
The last time I went to Auckland I only did shopping in the gift shop places of Kelly Tarltons and the zoo - I really hate trying to get anywhere in Auckland lol. But then we left and went to the Base, so stop by in Hamilton ;-P It's huge!

If that fails, find Lush and have yourself a bath (I hope your room has a bath!!) and you could take the train to Sylvia Park :-) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
ah my area of expertise :p

DressSmart for SURE. It opens at 10am and parking is easier earlier in the day, or there is a train station in Onehunga (you can catch a train there from Britomart if you're staying centrally). I took Mum there on Sat - she got $100 jeans for $15 a pair, an $80 top got $9.50, a $140 dress for $80 and two pairs of Andrea Renzi shoes for $81... so she was happy.

The malls are all very similar. Sylvia Park and Albany are probably the best equipped; Sylvia Park is my usual. It has Lush, and the usual array of clothing etc, plus some decent restaurants. 

Pricewise stock Essence and they're at Botany Junction and Pakuranga Plaza.

Farmers Manukau stock Essence and NYX; NYX is also at the city Farmers on Queen Street.

There are several Japanese shops in the CBD, including Ippondo on Elliot and a couple of smaller ones; excellent for little makeup tools, cheapie nail polish etc.

Lush has stores at Newmarket, Botany, the CBD and Sylvia Park.

Newmarket has Mecca Cosmetica, Smith and Caugheys (also on Queen St), Farmers, Lush and good shops and restaurants.

Thats off the top of my head, anyway!
Jesse
745 posts
I was in Auckland last week for work and depending on your taste I decided to shop a couple of places not available in store elsewhere although both have websites you can browse. I liked the Bronze Snake shop on Ponsonby road and Top Shop on Queen St. 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Seconding Topshop, the only store in NZ at present. Also check out Gorman in Newmarket, they make amazing clothes.
Macs
5351 posts
I reccomend Lush lol Botany Downs. Still waiting for Lush Sylvia to open. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Macs - Lush Sylvia Park opened a month ago :)
Lutece
1849 posts
Have fun! Trudi has listed all of the good places, Sylvia park and Dressmart are really good for shopping :)
Macs
5351 posts
Oh cool Trudi. Definately go in for a look some time soon.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
You haven't said if you were staying central or not and if you are central the inner link bus is a good way to get around Ponsonby, Newmarket, Parnell, K road, and Queen St without needing to find a car park.
Ponsonby Road has a lot of designers and is always nice for a look as well as having Mac and Mecca within a block of each other. There are a couple of op shops as well
Queen st has Farmers, Topshop, Smith and Caugheys. Back of the mid city arcade is Orange girl, which has some Korean brands. Missha cosmetics is in the Attrium along with Ippondo and another asian make up store. The warehouse is in the same building.
If you like window shopping expensive brands Louis Vitton and Prada are there to look over at the bottom end of Queen st. There is also an Elizabeth Arden boutique where you can get customised foundation. High st just one up from Queen street also has some designers but also some normal shops.
Newmarket has multiple clothing options also with Smith and Caugheys, I find the Queen st site better.
K road has it's own vibe with various shops, it is a real mix I find.

MareeB
5244 posts
Wow! next time I'm coming to Auckland and I'm calling on you ladies to take me shopping, you really have it nailed! And I already know what I want!!!
MissQT
1547 posts
wow thank you all for your amazing suggestions! Yes top shop forgot to mention that one! And sorry, I'm staying in central Auckland which I didn't mention before. I'll have to write all these places down.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!