Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Apparently blow drying is better than natural air drying hair

13 posts, 13 members
KiwiLass
174 posts
According to this research by Dr Tim Moore, via Harpers Bazaar....though you know, he IS the sicnetist for GHD, so does have a vested interest in making sure we buy their hair dryign products ;)
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Hmm always have to be cautious when the 'scientist' is affiliated with a particular brand. But I already blow dry my hair anyway and it doesn't really make much of a difference to how my hair looks/feels apart from shortening the drying time heaps.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I liked the disclaimer of 'only if you follow the rules'. I think I will stick with the air dry as I don't really want to mess with all the instructions that he gave to dry my hair in the morning.
Julieal
915 posts
MMMM !! As soon as you get told one thing some time later it is wrong and the opposite is suddenly best .I  think a light hair dry not too hot and good products works for me.
LaurenM
11 posts
I'm not a stylist but most of this advice seems pretty solid (such as don't style your hair when its wet and don't use a high heat to dry your hair). But I wouldn't say that air drying damages your hair. If you towel dry the water out and then leave it to air dry I think thats perfectly fine. When scientists are affiliated with a company, they often are telling the truth but at the same time they are just trying to sell hair dryers. I have heard that (especially for people with curly hair) the way you towel dry can cause breakage and frizz but I don't know if this is anecdotal or fact :) Do we have any stylists who can confirm that this article is correct? or is he just trying to sell us hair dryers?
tannygirl
3392 posts
I agree with Charmmy-Kitty having the scientist affiliated with the brand does make me wonder if the research is bent to sell more hair dryers. I've been air drying my hair for a really long time till a few months ago when I got tired of going to bed with wet hair and tired of staying up really late waiting for it to dry. I wash my hair at night since I workout close to evening so I seldom wash my hair in the morning but if I do wash my hair during the day I do leave it to air dry.
Macs
5351 posts
I air dry my hair only because my partner claimed mine for his painting. I'm hoping to pick one up with my fly buys points.
triffid
151 posts
Interesting article but for me air drying tends to leave my hair in better condition but I guess some this will suit them.My dry and thick hair is less dry if I keep it as cool as possible
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ummm interesting article, I've always been told its better to air dry it as you are not adding any chemicals or heat devices which cause split ends and damage.  I prefer to let mine dry naturally as my hair prefers it.  I've had less split ends that way and less heat damage.  But that is just me personally, what works for one may not work for others etc xx
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I can't stand wet hair and seriously my hair looks terrible when air dried! Give me a hairdryer anyday:-)
JessB
219 posts
My hair doesn't seem to like it as much when I use my hair dryer, it goes flat-looking and I get split ends faster. Where as when air drying my hair goes to it's more curly norm and looks healthy. Though that isn't going to stop me from blow drying my hair when it's a freezing night to avoid sleeping with wet hair. 
Emily-jane
314 posts
A lot of the article makes sense to me but it all comes down to personal preference. I can't stand wet hair and always blow dry it on middle heat.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i air dry my hair about half way then finish it off - but then again my hair dries fast.
if i have to be out and about earlier I always blow dry it, or throw it into a plaited bun if i don't have time for the dryer.

blow drying def makes my hair LOOK better, air drying makes it softer, but fluffier

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!