Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

And we're back!!!

43 posts, 29 members
Head Pixie
569 posts
23 hours away - it felt like forever!

Was I the only one who tried to visit BR a million times because clearly I'm addicted to the site?

Welcome, welcome, welcome back!! 

We hope you love the fresh, new-look site as much as we do!!

XXX Kell
shazatron101
5112 posts
I checked twice, remembering each time after i hit enter it was down, duurrr.
but.. ooh lala very nice! The loading times are a bit slow buuut for me it always has been. 
Yaaay!!
MissDilly
229 posts
I checked a couple of times! The new site looks awesome  :)  
Helibabi
101 posts
It’s live! Woohoo congrats girls it looks great. All your hard works finally in action :) 
MareeB
5244 posts
Well done - very smooth :)
MareeB
5244 posts
I like having BBBE on the same site. But erm..a little stronger temptation lol
First Lady
957 posts
Ok, so heads up - we're still tinkering and doing some database stuff, so if you see anything amiss, you can drop me an email and I'll pass it on to the Boffins.

ALSO - the first time a page loads it will be slow (there's a tech reason...but I don't know it).  SO, the more you explore the site and click on different categories and areas etc, the faster it will become overall, for everyone. 

HAHA I know right Maree?! And a little birdie told me that we can expect two new boxes in the next week or so!

xox

Macs
5351 posts
I was trying to get in yesterday. Wow I’m amazed at the new site . I’m loving it . Everything is so much easier to find. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I checked a few times when the site was offline. It was an adjustment as I have become so used to checking things up through  the site. It does look cool, I noticed the box tab and think it's a great idea. Now I can always check what's new. Awesome work!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Everything looks much bigger and cleaner. I'm wondering where the tab is for the recently added products? I often check to see if there's anything new that been added that I can review.
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Aww.. we’re all big now hahaha =D. I agree with you Shazatron.. most of the time when i submit a review, it gets quite slow... and my fingers are crossed hoping it goes through... hahaha
BR-Queenie
261 posts
Tanny Girl we've just popped it in for you, you can find it on the Home page. The elves are literally adding 100's of products daily so there's always something going on. :-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yay! That's great Queenie. I like that feature too so I can add things to my reviews to do list as they're added. 

Is there a tab for the forum still? I had to go through the menu to find it. The forum is the feature I use the most on BR. 

BR-Queenie
261 posts
Hey Soozie, yup that's where it lives now in the menu bar. 

xox Queenie
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've just tried posing a comment in the Estée Lauder trial article and it's not showing up? 
Head Pixie
569 posts
Most strange!! Thanks for letting us know. We'll look into it now X
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I tried a few times yesterday lol. Yay how cool I love the new look, will explore when I finish work :-)
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
The mobile page is a dream! Do much easier to navigate and no more zooming in to read tiny text. Great job tech team!
Julieal
915 posts
Love the new look -So easy to navigate -Great work you wonderful ladies !!

KiwiLass
174 posts
How exciting! The new site is great, so much easier to navigate, I love it!
MareeB
5244 posts
I'll look out for the new BBBEs Nat, Thanks xx
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I'm popping this on here, as well as sending a message to BR, in case anyone else has noticed the same glitch.  I don't want BR to end up with the same error being reported by us all. 

When viewing reviews on my iPad, I can't see the rating (number of kisses), as it's hidden behind the review box.  My iPad is in portrait (upright, not turned on its side). It's a minor error, but may need to be looked into.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
... and after I sent off my email to BR about the above issue, I realised that part of the website is cut off on either side of my iPad screen.  I can't see the Home or Brand Directory buttons, or the panel down the right of the website when my iPad is in portrait (upright).  If I turn it on its side (to landscape), everything appears where it should be.
So much easier to veiw from my phone keep up the brilliant work 

Everything looks great!!! 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Omg these changes are super amazing. So much easier to navigate, takes you straight to everything and it's a lot easier to read. No needing to zoom my page right out to comment or read. Love it. You should be super proud xx
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I am loving the new layout!!! What a dream to use and navigate while using the site on my mobile!
Kimrose
1419 posts
Great work ladies, thanks!

Whittakers, welcome back, havent seen you around here for ages!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Definitely getting faster at locating what i'm ijnteresting. Just got the message re:double beauty points which is a bonus! I view the website on both my Samsung tablet and desktop computer at home. Its a lot easier to see eveything clearly. I look forward to trying it on my phone when I go shopping. 

PS I also tried to comment on the Estee Lauder post yesterday but it kept coming up blank. I did manage to fill out the survey though.
AboutFace
413 posts
Great look ladies! 
I was trying to comment on an article and it wasn't showing so I cleaned my phone for viruses etc and still wouldn't work but when I looked after the change it was there lol. My comment on the Estee Lauder article didn't show either all good I wrote another.

siouxsannah
261 posts
Well done on the new site ladies. It looks great.
Skibunny
7 posts
I think it’s good, I’m just readjusting to everything at the mo but it’s all pretty straightforward... I like how it’s bigger too, you don’t need to zoom in as much. I think it’s better overall.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Only tried the mobile site so far but it does feel more user friendly :)
Sophia
203 posts
 Anyone getting a large number of unread messages or notifications showing if clicking on the Inbox? 
From this screen where I'm typing now, it top toolbar shows as there being 1 inread item in my Inbox.  If I click on it then there's an error page and it shows as 10 unread messages and 97 notifications.  

Kimrose
1419 posts
Sophia, I get the same thing 222notifications! I am sure it is just a wee glitch.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he when I was checking my phone for the second or third time it showed up about 581 in my inbox and I was like WHAT THE lol. But when I logged back in again, they disappeared. Could be a slight glitch.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I've had that for my messages 1248 I think it's just a glitch though.  I'm not that popular lol
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I reported the error earlier this week, by sending an email to BR. It’s a bug in the system that needs to be fixed. I also get a weirdly high number of 978 unread messages when I click on “view noticfications”
AboutFace
413 posts
I have this too. I think it has calculated all of our previous notifications.
Julieal
915 posts
Mine is OK so possibly glitch fixed
trudijoy
8375 posts
I was away last week so clicked on it once and it was down so gave up.... the 'down'' notice was impossible to read on the phone so I just figured I shouldn't be online (which I wasn't anyway)!

Little sad I missed out on double review points, but the week away was worth it.

I like the new format for phones, i don't like not having an easy forum button though. Little disconcerting having the pics so large in the forum, I thought it was broken initially! Is this all the changes now or just phase one?
The new site looks amazing. Well done BR team. Hard work pays off

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!