Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

22 posts, 12 members
Kimrose
1412 posts
I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about life after covid, will I be doing anything different with my day to day life?  I am not too sure to be honest, I had a tough time at work with the public, so maybe a new job where I am not so face to face with so many people.  How about you ladies? What are you thoughts? 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I feel ya Kim, I've done a lot of thoughtful reflection too.

i'm coming out of this with mostly positives, but I've definitely re-evaluated my priorities 
AboutFace
412 posts
It's definitely brought out the best or worst in people, amazing how some can be really nice and others conceited and nasty. I will be saving more money and not go to the malls as often as I once did and rather enjoy the outdoors with the family. It's funny how some of the lowest paid jobs are more vital in a crisis ie shop assistants, checkout operators and rubbish/recycling collection yet are often looked down at. It's sad for those that have lost jobs or a business. 
Kimrose
1412 posts
I think times like these make you realise what is important to you and what is not so much. I am enjoying our home more than I thought I would, probably just spending more time here on weekends with not going out. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yep im with ya. Have reevaluated whats or rather who is important, but having the squid has also done that too as im sick of being a doormat for people. People still expect me to pack up myself and now her to go see them like, no, you work around us now brutha

JackieMackenzie
341 posts
You go girl!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
In the short term no, but there are a few covid related decisions that other people have made that have affected my life that may change furture decisions I make. It's definitely made me reflect on what's important in life and who I value the most.
MareeB
5239 posts
It has been an interesting time. I work in the healthcare industry nowadays and it has amazed how much my colleagues and I have been taken for granted. It hasn't left me with a positive feel towards people in general. One thing I have felt lifted by, is how fast nature can heal itself when humans retreat. If we choose to save the planet, then we can. I loved seeing creatures making a comeback ....
AboutFace
412 posts
@Maree sorry to hear that you were taken for granted too.

I noticed how much clearer the sky was, you could hear the birds and I totally agree we can help our environment.  
tabucutie
1811 posts
Interesting topic. The company I work for, their contract with the government was due to expire at the end of June. However covid happened and we were advised that it had been extended upto june 2021, which is a good thing. With the condition of 3 months notice to terminate within the next year. Still waiting to sign a new contract. It's not ideal but it is what it is. I knew I'd have to find another job at some stage but I think it will be challenging there are now many more job seekers due to all the job losses.

I used to be super social in my early twenties, you know movies, parties, clubbing, drinks etc. Over the years I stopped meeting up with friends. Lockdown for me has made me want to be social again. Movie nights, themed dinners, small group outings. Don't really have many friends now ironically. I suppose I would like to make more friends.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Agree Tabucutie, looking forward to being social again, not being able to do it really makes you appreciate it.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Double agree. I like just getting together with a couple of close friends, having a few wines and talking shit. We did it a lot over ZOOM and I loved it but for some reason it's just not quite the same
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
For me I just want to spend more time with my family. Also I met a lot of elderly people while out on my walks and they loved stopping for a chat, most of them live alone and have no family here so I would love to continue to interact with them, something so little can make someones day when they have no contact with anyone.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Thats a lovely idea Lisa
Kimrose
1412 posts
Tabucutie, it is very unnerving being in your job situation, I really feel for you. You are a lovely person with a great outlook in life so I am sure if you need to be looking for another role you will be successful. 
Friends, I am a bit the same, dont have a lot. The friends I have, I have had for a long time, 30 odd years. We have stood the test of time.
I think as you get on in life you realize you dont need a lot of friends, just a few real friends :)
Kimrose
1412 posts
Maree, I have enjoyed the very easy commute to work with hardly anybody else around. The air has been nice, the birds have seemed happier. I kinda wish it could stay this way for a while longer
MareeB
5239 posts
I agree Kim. Its a lot easier with less people. Then last weekend with wall-to-wall traffic, the pollution was horrible.
Kat555
143 posts
I really hope we can learn from this and change some pretty nasty habits throughout the world. It could be the chance we really needed to get some perspective.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Thanks @Kimrose for the kind words. It is appreciated.

Talking about being social, my husband had a friend over to stay. Drinks, sausage rolls and monopoly. I even got to make up the spare bed, I was stoked lol. It's been months! Also had dinner out at denny's with my cousin. Basic things but really enjoyable.

I was thinking this morning that I'm going to apply for a bit of leave in june. Haven't had a break since my raro trip last November and this year has been a bit overwhelming. Especially having worked right through and picking up extras. I deserve some r & r.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Sounds like a great idea tabucutie ... Sounds very well deserved
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
The lockdown for me was actually great.  Although I missed my friends and my family it meant that I could take a second and spend some time with my minis.  Often I find myself so caught up in life and work that I forget to slow down and enjoy their milestones.  Toward the end of Level 3 I got a bit of cabin fever and needed a break but I have to say it was nice for the most part.
Going on from here I have found out that people can be real jerks.  I have seen some ugliness come out of this pandemic.  But on the flip side there has also been some absolute darlings.  I am enjoying being back at work and finding a new normal.  It really made me realize what my priorities are now.  Hope all you lovelies are doing well and staying safe :)
Lou_armour
1 posts
Yes I think so in some respects. I think it was a good time of self reflection. I got to see if homeschooling would work for my daughter ...yep it did make a difference to her. I also got motivated to get back into my makeup artistry and finally start working towards fworking for myself 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!