Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Advice please for dry lips

16 posts, 14 members
Hi ladies, does anyone exfoliate their lips?  This time of year I often end up with dry lips.  I use Lucas Pawpaw which is great but want the dry bits gone.  Advice please on what you do or use.  Thanks! x
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hey hun,  I get extremely dry skin on my lips and the only way for me to get rid of this, is to use the E.L.F Lip Exfoliator or Lush Lip Scrub.  It works wonders and I can apply my lipstick or lipbalm without the horrible dry skin showing up.  Hope that helps xx
Seza95
175 posts
Hey Lindt_lover! I slather some vaseline on my lips and then use an old SOFT toothbrush and rub over my lips in a circular motion. That's cheapskate me haha. No lip exfoliators. Or you can do it with a dampened sugar mixture. xo
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I am the exact same as  Mumof3munchkins I use either the ELF or LUSH lip exfoliator and then apply a lip balm over that. I usually do it just before bed so the balm soaks into my lips as I sleep and I tend to use a Blistex lip balm around this time of year as I need super protection from windburn. I haven't made it myself but there is a tutorial on how to DIY a lip scrub here if you don't want to pay for one.
Mila
1209 posts
I'm the same a little bit of a homemade sugar mixture and a toothbrush and then some blistex or nivea lip butter
100_percent_ash
488 posts
Argh the bane of my existence!

Water water water! Keep drinking it until you can drink no more and then pee and drink a little more.

Product wise my fave is Burt's Bees and straight up coconut oil. Mixing with sugar makes an incredible scrub too as the above lovely ladies have mentioned.
Wow, thanks lovelies. you have given me lots of food for thought.  Mumof3munchkins, I have finally signed up to Lush.  They have so many products!!  I have heard you mention Lush numerous times. Crikey, I am going to need a room just for beauty products soon. x
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he yes love Lush, have way too much of it he he he.  Only difference between the Lush and the E.L.F is that one is in a lipstick form and the Lush is loose and be a bit messy but its super yummy, so totally an upside lol.
clairelouise
134 posts
I make my own lip scrub with honey, brown sugar and a wee bit of olive oil. You can also add peppermint oil to add a fresh flavour! It works amazingly well and it tastes great too. Another thing that I find helps with dryness is to use something really nourishing on your lips just before you hop into bed. I use Lucas Paw Paw or the Nivea Lip Butters, they're both AMAZING =)
deville
42 posts
I use the LUSH lip exfoliator - love the great flavours and I also use vaseline on my lips and then gentley brush my lips with a soft bristled toothbrush.  My mum taught me this tip and it has never failed and also cheap.  Straight after either exfoliating or scrubbing my lips I always apply Blistex lip balm.  I use this balm everyday to keep my lips in tip top condition and especially in the drying, cold conditions of winter.
kirstysays
762 posts
I use the lush lip scrub in bubblegum and find that works wonders for midly dry lips.  I scrub them with the exfoliator and then apply a nice lip balm. When my lips get extrmely dry, cracked and feel like they are sunburnt I usually just stick to a really nourishing lip balm as they are too sore to exfoliate
MissQT
1547 posts
I agree, the USB sugar scrubs are good lip exfoliators. I find it helps to apply a bit of lip balm beforehand as it makes it easier to exfoliate. You can also use an old tooth brush or baby toothbrush as an exfoliator. Just rub gently in a circular motion.
Lutece
1849 posts
When i exfoliate my face using the QVS glove i also do my lips, i want to try the Lush lip scrubs they sound divine!
Jasmine_Anne
25 posts
I only just started exfoliating my lips in the past 6 months, I use E.L.F lip exfoliater.I useually have 5 different lip cremes and blams and alsorts and nothing seemed to work. However since using the E.L.F lip exfoliater than you know it has softened lips and they haven't chapped once.Also it has a beautiful smell, and its gorgeous!! 
lana-la
67 posts
OMG you NEED to try the lush lip scrubs, they are to die for. My favourite is the mint one, it makes your lips feel all smooth and fresh ( I know thats a weird way to describe your lips butthere isn't really another way to explain it) Best of all the main ingrediant is caster sugar and so you just lick it all off after.
Jesse
745 posts
I'm addicted to my Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum, sooo yummy and has really been helping my lips this winter so far. I exfolliate before bed then apply Lucas Paw Paw, and throughout the day have been using my Sierra Bees stick which fits better in my pants pocket than a tube. Although my friend has been trying to get me to upgrade from Paw Paw to Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream, maybe once I have used more of my lip balms up!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!