Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Advent calendars?

41 posts, 16 members
Susilia
484 posts
I know it’s a tad early, but I’m obsessed with beauty advent calendars, I like watching unboxings and I always buy one every year, this year I’ve bought the ASOS advent calendar because of the contents are really good, I just wanted to give you guys a heads up as it sells out pretty fast every year, it’s available now if anyone is interested and use code BUYNOW20, to get it cheaper, plus another naughty tip: put the country to New Zealand, but don’t change the currency to New Zealand dollars, leave it on pounds, trust me, it’ll work out cheaper.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I love advent calendars but I don’t think I’m going to buy one this year, unless one comes along that I really can’t resist. I love the excitement of them but I don’t think most of them are good value and I still have products from previous years calendars. I really love all the gift sets that come out at Mecca for Xmas and some of those are really great value. So I’ll put the money towards those instead to get something I really want. 
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Thanks for the tip Susilia.. =)
Sonnies
137 posts
Every year my mom gets me a mascara christmas box then there are 10 really good little mascaras in amd i get to choose one full size one that i really like. I love thoae boxes they come in perfume ones aswell very great value for money as all of those mascaras last me all year 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh I’ve seen the perfume ones but not mascara ones. Not that I need any more mascaras lol. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I had the L'Occitane one last year, it was nice but spendy. 
I've not seen mascara or perfume ones but id be over them like white on rice!! 
Macs
5351 posts
I’ve never had one before . But I can dream lol 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I'm keen to get the beautiful Christmas box again this year (they have rebranded and I can't remember the new name). However things are a bit tight and I may have to miss out. Still got some time left to see how it goes anyway. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@tabucutie, their new name is Beautiful Surprises.
SandieNZ
424 posts
Oooh thanks for the tip! Would love to try a perfume one too if anyone can recommend a good one?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Farmers usually do a couple of perfume ones. Not advent calendars as such though. I think you get about six mini perfumes and a voucher to redeem for a full size one. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Oooh I haven't looked yet Soozie. Its the only thing I have to look forward to, so I'm putting it off until the last minute to savour the anticipation.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mecca have started doing sneak peeks of all the Christmas goodies on Instagram. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree, the perfume samplers are now in Farmers! Lots of other goodies as well!
MareeB
5241 posts
Ooooh cheers Soozie, I'll have a look :)
MareeB
5241 posts
Triple points for reviews on Manicare products. I can't remember who asked to updated  :)
tabucutie
1811 posts
Oh really Maree? If so bonus, did a couple reviews yesterday. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Im hoping a blog post shows up like last year with a list of calendars, ive been hanging out for it and my man doesnt know what to get me for my birthday or christmas lol

Also how good does the ipl trial look?! Gosh thatd be a magic tool to have in the kit
tabucutie
1811 posts
Yes that Ipl trial looks amazing!
Sonnies
137 posts
Yeah imagine makinh trail team for that wowzer
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh yeah - that is an amazing trial!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Shaz, there are lots of articles online if you google beauty advent calendars 2019 but I haven't seen anything specifically for NZ. Most of the overseas advent calendars have just been or are about to be released.
MareeB
5241 posts
Yeek that makes Christmas sound very close Soozie!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The Body Shop has two different advent calendars instore (just seen them at my local store). Pretty pricey though. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Whoever gets/got it is suuuuper lucky.  Like. Thats such a wicked trial.

I tried soozie but i kekept getting last years one  but i think i was adding nz to the search.. but now i cant be bothered. I need a slave to search these things for me... and then look after my child when its 2am so i can sleep for once hahahahahahahahahaha
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Here you go, Shaz ... All the NZ ones that I could find:

The Body Shop (they have three options)
Sephora
Beautiful Surprises
OPI Holiday Mini's
L'Occitane - Classic
L'Occitane - Luxury

:)

shazatron101
5112 posts
Oooooh thanks silvene!! Xxx
BR-Queenie
261 posts
Ladies good news. Our beauty boffins are a heart beat away from sorting these spammers.  We don't want to reopen the forum as business as usual until we're confident we're on top of it. Fingers crossed this week and we'll have some great rewarads for you guys to thank you for being so patient. Love Queenie xoxo 
shazatron101
5112 posts
E x c i t i n g ! ! ! !

MareeB
5241 posts
Thanks Queenie x
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
That's great news! Spammers be gone :-)
Sonnies
137 posts
Oe thats awsume 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oh that is awesome to hear Queenie, those Beauty Boffins are pretty special xoxo
Sonnies
137 posts
I have seen so many nice advent calandars now i really love the estee laudre 10days of Christmas one
Susilia
484 posts
I just received my look fantastic advent calendar yesterday and it’s huuuge, such good value, I’ll pop a picture on the photowall tomorrow, anyone else bought it?
tannygirl
3392 posts
Mecca had a 24 day one from Kiehls that was 125 bucks. I was so tempted but I need to save up for other things to study next year.
Sonnies
137 posts
I saw that one too tannigirl. So many good one but they are pricy tho
trudijoy
8375 posts
Just posted a collage of the first 9 days of the Beautiful Surprises' one 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I was going to post this after Christmas, but life happened and then it was back to work, and I forgot!

If anyone is wondering about the value for money when it comes to advent calendars, the one I got this Christmas past was $135 for the box, and the value of all the goodies inside came to $265.  Where samples or luxury samples were given, cost was calculated pro-rata per g/ml based on the full sized item.  This year's wasn't as much value for money as previous years (2016 & 2017, I didn't get one in 2018 when it changed hands), but when you look at how much stuff you get, and the variety of stuff ... Between the BR vault before Christmas and this box, I won't be purchasing skincare products for a while!
MissDilly
229 posts
That's really interesting! Thanks... I loved my Advent this year, the Beautiful Surprises one. First time doing a beauty one - I'm usually sharing the excitement of a Lego Advent with my kiddos instead of something just for me - so I loved the little daily pamper amongst the chaos of all the usual things that come with christmas haha.... The charcoal teeth thing was the worst I thought. It's just messy and yuck lol 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I love the charcoal teeth stuff! I thought it was a very good calendar. I have a thing that if ten of the things are great I'm happy, and I got there easily :) 

when my sister in law ran it sometimes I knew what things might be in advance so it was great to have all surprises the last couple years. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!