Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Ads On The Site?

46 posts, 12 members
tabucutie
1811 posts
Quick query,  does anyone else have big ads on their tablets while using the site? 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Yes, I'm suddenly getting big banners on my phone too. 
MissDilly
229 posts
Yes, noticed it on my phone this morning, and on my laptop just now I'm scrolling down and there's a big socks ad on the front page of the website
MissDilly
229 posts
Oh - I kept scrolling and browsing, through the site - they're everywhere... 
First Lady
957 posts
We're having a tinker with a few things (surprise, ads are one of them haha), so the site may look a bit different over the next few weeks - please bear with us while we explore different options!

xoxo
AboutFace
412 posts
Yes, I'm getting them on my phone too.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh good it's not just me! I thought my phone was redirecting me to somewhere else when my entire screen was an ad, and it didn't look like BR! I closed out and restarted a few times before giving up. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
And they're after every second post on tbe thread too
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sorry missed your reply Nat, it got  a bit lost in there, oops 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Phew I thought my phone had a virus! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
At least its not as invasive as my friends,  the spammers.  And cos our phones spy on us (where is my tinfoil hat...) theyll be tailor made to us hahaha rather than spammers choice of pens, watches or limp noodle bahahahahaha 
tabucutie
1811 posts
So glad it's not just me. I thought I was on the wrong site. Glad it's only temporary I find it super distracting. Hopefully there are some better ad options than the current ones.
MareeB
5241 posts
The ads are distracting ..
MareeB
5241 posts
Is the ads that are slowing the site down? I'm struggling to preservere with forum posts.
AboutFace
412 posts
Lilmonmon can you get ad block for phones?
tabucutie
1811 posts
I find atm I'm staying on the site browsing a lot  less. It's different. That vive ad is appropriate though as I was considering getting my hair done lol.
AboutFace
412 posts
I find it more annoying when I'm searching online and trying to read something and they take over.
MissDilly
229 posts
I totally object to all the 'seniors' ads that are popping up on this site for me haha....  How old does google think I am? lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
MissDilly i was getting dating ones at one stage.

I'm socially distancing haha how exactly does dating come into that?
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Are the ads something that will be staying? Must have missed this lol. Couldn't understand why I was getting ads for LinkedIn and Skechers shoes lol.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ugh can we get rid of the revolting ear wax ad please - yuck! Or is it just me seeing that one?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I keep getting the ear wax one too! Omg its disturbing 
MissDilly
229 posts
haha I meant to post about that too - so gross the earwax one ... today it's fonterra milk vat monitoring  - what did I click on in my google journey that has me profiled for that one??
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Glad it's not just me with the ear wax one. I got one for a website for dating Asian ladies the other night lol.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Now I am getting the Seniors Posture Corrector lol.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I'm getting some beauty related ads atm, which is more relevant to me. But have seen some in-ter-est-ing ones previously.
tabucutie
1811 posts
That ear wax one is gross! Glad it's not just me though I haven't searched for any ear cleaning.

Today's ad was for blinds? Again doesn't apply not looking to update interior decor lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've been getting

- beauty recruitment
- Mecca
- spa pools

ear wax one i've def seen though, ew. 
MareeB
5241 posts
None of them would convince me to buy anything.
SmileyPisces
253 posts
I even got an ad on buying shares today... oh my.... oh my... hahahahaha =D
AboutFace
412 posts
I got one to become a doctor lol.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mine seem to be mostly from the place I order supplements from plus the gross ear wax one lol.
MareeB
5241 posts
Speaking of which, I am really missing Healthpost already ... and Mighty Ape ... who are you all missing?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I actually did an order from The Warehouse today as my local 4 square doesn't sell any garnier products and I needed face wash badly.  I tend to buy a lot from trade me so I miss that!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I'm missing Mighty Ape, Mecca and Wish lol.

I did however make a purchase from Bonbon Factory for some of their hand sanitizer. It's getting rave reviews and they are shipping, so thought I would try it out. 

I also placed an order for my usual essential oils but as it's coming from the US, I'm unsure as to when it will get here etc.
MareeB
5241 posts
Is Wish still cheap with import taxes mumofthree? I love their clothes. People always comment when I wear their clothes because they're different from the production line stuff you can buy in NZ.
MareeB
5241 posts
My unofficial survey of FB users indicates curry is the most missed takeaway. Mine would be Maccas!! I wouldn't turn down a chinese takeout either.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
MareeB - definitely noticed the difference in the price with Wish now but they are still cheaper compared to buying here or from anywhere else.

Plus they have some really awesome items that you can't get from anywhere else and the quality is pretty good too. I love their clothes as well, and their shoes.

I bought a scalp massager from there for about $35 including shipping. The home show here in NZ was selling an equivalent one for over $150-$200.The Wish one works amazing and has been really helpful for my headaches and migraines. Its charged by USB, not batteries which is awesome. Going to buy another one as a back up lol
MareeB
5241 posts
Thanks mumof3, I'll amuse myself with some Wish windowshopping until such time as the world starts to turn again.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I miss getting mail! Junk, bills... my heart!!

I didnt realize warehouse was back up for essentials so im glad for that,  i can get the full body merinos for the small one! Yay!!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
The Warehouse only got going again today for essentials. I'm so happy as couldn't get puppy food or treats here so I got what I needed :-) 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Empower your inner IT admin hero! Wheres my cape...
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
My iHerb order arrived today! It actually got here faster than usual. It only arrived in Auckland yesterday and usually it's gets held up there for ages in customs etc. 

I had a quick look at the warehouse at the essentials and got excited to see desks and office chairs as I desperately need to set up a proper home office. But they're all sold out and interestingly, the really expensive office chairs are listed as essentials but the cheap ones aren't! Hmmmm....I'm really hoping that Kmart are allowed to sell essentials online as they have a desk that I like. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Interesting times soozie - today I paid $45 for $30 worth of supplements at the pharmacy. Its worth not going into Countdown with the crowds to get them, but all the same, it is criminal.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I can't even but my supplements in NZ at the moment so very happy to get them from iHerb before they go out of stock again. 

So, after that last post, I thought I'd have a look at Kmart again. And they are now selling essentials! Sadly not desks and chairs though. You can buy cushions (and bath bombs ffs) but not chairs to put them on. Arghhhh!!!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Have noticed there are less ads and the ones i'm seeing are relevant. Definitely a better system.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!