Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Winner Winners

23 posts, 21 members
Ringy
825 posts
So last night I went to a product demonstration night and along with a little goodie bag to take home, a gift with purchase, an extra gift with purchase only available on the night and copious amounts of champagne - I won a Prevage Gift Set worth $230! I see heaps of Facebook and Instagram comps, plus the thread about the $500 prize pack on here earlier- so just wondering who has won some cool stuff lately? Do people even really win these competitions? Is it their
personal friends that they let win or are they professionally drawn? 
-Bex-
611 posts
Yay that is an awesome prize you must be stoked. Recently I won Rovie Eye Can-D (LOVE IT) last Sunday my 8 year old son won a TV, does that count? haha
i love hearing winning stories
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm quite lucky with competitions; just this year I've won an Oasis Rhino repair, a perfume from BR, a covergirl mascara, a few small Lotto wins and a couple of other wee things. I don't mind not winning huge prizes when I win little ones often - keeps it all interesting and I feel lucky a lot :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Congrats. I win quite a few things. You gotta enter to be in to win. I just received a massive smellies prize with the aromatherapy items in it. The trilogy bye bye makeup was before that.

Comps I've drawn I use random org in. No way will I favor anyone (sorry friends)
trudijoy
8375 posts
oh and when I drew prizes as a teacher I used a random internet generator, and for my new work there's a protocol for random selection. BUT I know of people (including me) who have won prizes in a less random way. I guess it depends on several things, but I don't really care how it's done. Different story if you have to pay to enter but if its free entry and people want to apply personal bias, then hey, it's their prize to give away however they want imo....
First Lady
957 posts
Just to chip in as a professional competition drawer (?!)...

Here at BR unless stated we draw randomly.  The Good Luck Fairy is actually a random picker for FB comps.   For site comps we use something like random.org to select random numbers, and the person who placed that number comment wins.

For things like the 80000th review, obviously that's not random, all reviews have numbers in the back catalogue and number 80000 is the winner.

For comps like photo comps, or the awesome nail polish naming comp we once ran, we don our Simon Cowell hats and follow our heads and hearts and pick what entries we think are the best.

If we drew based on personal bias ('Mum you've won again!') people would quickly become disheartened and lose interest in us, and that would make us very sad! Like wise if we never actually picked winners - It's just counter productive, you want to engage and excite as many people as possible, with our site and the brands who are awesome and provide the fabulous prizes!  

We have some huge comps coming up (Ellen may think she has the upper hand on Christmas Giveaways...) with $500 prize packs etc, so hopefully we'll get to spread the buzz of winning even more!

Ooo and if you do enter our comps, please check in with your BR inbox - it's how we announce winners (except on FB / IG where we announce on the original post) and we hate redrawing!  Also - we do draw all our comps, so if you don't see an excited 'I WON!' comment, it's simply because the person might not be a FBer, or Forum regular etc.

xox

chikoboo
3402 posts
The old adage you have to be in it to win it =)

I've run comps and always even if it is for just a handful of people feed them through random.org the is no fun in it otherwise being totally honest and fair. 

Some people just go through super lucky periods where they win nearly everything going, I have had that in the past where I have won heaps in a space of a week then nothing for a good 6-8 months.  I do however enter everything going so the odds are out there. 
Macs
5351 posts
I've done little mini draws for things. I recently did one last week.I really like giving.

On BR I won the $500 Manuka Doctor pack I can't remember when. Recently was a NYX comp on instagram. On facebook some skincare and make up.

I like it when random org is used it makes it so much easier.

kirstyj
1732 posts
Whenever I do things like that I usually use random.org (like when I would send someone a random act of kindness)... but lately I like just surprising someone.

Recently 'tannygirl' here on BR put my name down on a Billion Dollar Brows facebook competition and I ended up winning a brow powder. I've been using it ever since and I really love it!
MissQT
1547 posts
I've won a few things in the past. Nothing recently though, my luck has stopped haha. Some things I have won are maybelline lipstick, movie tickets and a snack gift basket.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I haven't won anything lately, but love seeing other people win stuff. On my BinaryBeauty facebook page  (not sure if i am allowed to link it, but BR can edit this or delete if need be)I have run one giveaway, and I just used a random name picker from google to choose the winner, I think thats the only fair way.

chloednz
217 posts
I've won two competitions lately, a full size Living Nature candle, and just the other day an Oasis apple of the day moisturizer and tote bag. Prior to that I would have said the same thing, that I never win anything!
MareeB
5241 posts
I was very fortunate and grateful last week to win a Moisture Mist Lipsheen Set on BR (really excited, can't wait for it to come!!), and a couple of months ago won a Za Moisture Gel on FB. I go a little bit crazy when I win things!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
That's awesome maree I'm the same I love winning makeup so bathe in the glory of your winnings and post to photo wall when they arrive :)
Kimrose
1416 posts
I like to enter comps, you have to be in to win. I have won 2 things off our Beauty Review and a few bits and bobs. It is really fun and sometimes you forget and a surprise turns up, its like you win twice lol
SandyGedge
394 posts
Congratulations :-)

You definitely have to be "in to win" & when I have the time, I enter in lots of comps, mainly BR and FB. I definitely have lucky streaks and I also 'pay it forward' as a sign of gratitude :-) lots of my prizes have been given to others, mainly given to other BR lovelies as a random act of kindness :-)
Mila
1209 posts
I really don't enter much stuff to win anything lol :) but I did win a benefit prize pack from BR on instagram last Xmas that was awesome
Rezee
1964 posts
I haven't won much lately,  I do enjoy entering comps though. I find theres heaps on fb and if your friends enter, then they are easy to find. I figure you have to be in to win.
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
Ringy awesome prize lucky xx
glamfish
87 posts
I won a trilogy moisturizer the other week. But I enter anything and everything...Gotta be in it to win it!

Some of your winnings sound amazing! Wouldn't have minded the TV lol.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I entered a competition on Instagram and won some makeup and accessories :) Was an awesome win xx Gotta be in to win!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I don't seem to have much luck when it comes to competitions.  I won a lipstick at the end of 2013 and the Dedicated to Nature pack at the end of 2014.  I've won nothing at all this year but have entered sooo many competitions.  Who knows, maybe one day my luck might change.  It's fun just to enter and know that there is a possibility of  winning something. 
Ringy
825 posts
So many lucky people around! A TV is pretty exciting!  I've worked at a place where the prize drawing was dodgy and I it quite concerned me. I'd love to win a holiday!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!