Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Full Face Using Highlighters

18 posts, 8 members
2lilmnkys
106 posts
So a few weeks ago a video dropped on my facebook about a girl called Mariya doing a fun full face using highlighters only! Link below:

https://youtu.be/_UPXvLVn2M8

Was just checking on youtube and saw a few gurus like jefereestar and nikkie tutorials turning this into a challenge. As much as I love highlighters I dont think this one is for me.
What do you guys think? Anybody keen to do the challenge?
Rezee
1964 posts
I feel like this challenge is made for Koni! ?I watched Nikkis one. I wish that she would have showed a photo in natural light though. I feel like with the studio lights, it looked kind of normal with just a bit of glow? I wanted to see the full effect!
2lilmnkys
106 posts
I was thinking of Koni as well.
But how will we justify using up the highlighters like that. During the video I kept on cringing on how much they used lol. Iam a scrooge when it comes to my highlighters.
Nikkies one looked pretty nice on the thumbnail but I guess you will need sunnies and spf in natural light hahaha
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I've seen a few of these now. The original, jeffree*, Nikki and Manny has just done it also I believe. It soooo pretty! They absolutely glow! I would love to see Koni do this!
Macs
5351 posts
Yeah I don't think I could pull off jefrees highlighters. I don't own enough highlighters to do this challenge. Would love to see you do it lil mnky. I have four highlighters. One cream, one liquid , one loose, one pressed powder. 
2lilmnkys
106 posts
Ohhh I don't know Macs. I was rooting for Koni to do this!
Macs
5351 posts
I really think you could do anything. 
Koni
444 posts
Hahaha I love how you lovelies are helping me towards panning makeup :-) I tried half a face the other day after watching Mariya's YT vid just to see how it would look on my chocolate skin - erm lets say my application needs A LOT of work. Renee I stood outside and it looked UTTERLY HORRIBLE! I looked like an ashy tin man gone wrong.
2lilmnkys
106 posts
Would have loved to see that Koni! Iam sure you looked nothing of the sort
Koni
444 posts
Well I can reassure you, you didn't miss out on much other than seeing the texture on my face, guess that's why they call it a highlighter haha.  On the photowall now AND you and anyone else interested can definitely pull this off - it's all in good fun xx
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Koni you did such a good job!!! You're such a babe x
Macs
5351 posts
Looks beautiful Koni. Well done
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Koni, you are indeed the highlighter queen! You look amazing with all the glow on your face. Total babe.
2lilmnkys
106 posts
Thats the only downside of highlighters Koni. They do their job too well. Every lump and bump are accentuated.
You however look amazing. I knew you could carry it off!
Emily-jane
314 posts
Well done Koni. Gorgeous photo :) I still think 1lilmnky should try this and post a picture ;)
2lilmnkys
106 posts
Stop twisting my arms ladies:)
Emily-jane
314 posts
It would be great to see though 1lilmnky, you did such an awesome job of the lipstick challenge :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
i feel like i'd glow like one of those lil glow bug toys from our childhoods if i tried this!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!