Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Every Woman Expo (Auckland)

16 posts, 6 members
ree_nz
247 posts
Hi all,

Just a short note in case any of you are in Auckland this weekend and bored. The Every Woman Expo started today (similar to the old girls day out but not quite as big or with as many free samples).

I was able to get a couple of samples of beauty products, win a Skinfoods prize pack and bought a new cleansing sponge I had never heard of before. Finding new products such as this is one of the main reasons that I attended this event.

Did anyone pop along today? Or are you planning on it? If so, what did you think?

MareeB
5239 posts
I would've absolutely have loved to have gone, but live too far away sadly!
jalb88
121 posts
I'm heading there tomorrow afternoon...not too sure what to expect, but I used to love the girls day out :) Is that the Konjac cleansing sponge you got? I'm looking at getting on of those! 
Ringy
825 posts
I'm miles away from the Expo but I was looking at those Konjac sponge things today- looked like those chiropodist stones for your feet- I need to see one in action. 
ree_nz
247 posts
Yup! I got the konjac sponge in lavender. Thought I would get one to try as had never seen them before. I was luckily there with two friends who were interested and so we got three for $30!

To anyone going tomorrow or Monday - hang around the mix 98.2 stand. Every hour on the hour they give away a Skinfoods prize pack and every hour on the half they give away a makeup brush set. You just have to be the first to answer a question (usually based on their Facebook page) and you can win! Definitely the best freebie I got there!
jalb88
121 posts
oooh thanks for the tips ree :) im looking forward to it ! did u end up buying anything else?
MissQT
1547 posts
This sounds awesome! Guttered I'm not in Auckland, but sounds like you had a good time and I hope everyone else who goes enjoys it too.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I ummed and ahhed over going with the door price of $15 since I didn't pre buy. However I have been to ones overseas and ours pale a little in comparison, size wise. I didn't really see anything that said come and get me on the list of products.
ree_nz
247 posts
Jalb88 - just a bracelet and the sponge to try

ragingfrog - totally agree. Wasn't as good as the old girls day out even! But for the online $12 price it was worth a shot and with winning the Skinfoods prize pack I definitely got my $12 worth! You wouldn't be there more than a couple of hours unfortunately. I wish I could got one overseas - that would be amazing!
jalb88
121 posts
So I just got back- it was ok, but nothing to rave about! I did my nails for free at the gel stand and got a couple of free samples but nothing amazing. Was disappointed as the makeovers at pheonix and the hair styling bar were all booked out so we couldn't even do that :( I bought a konjac sponge so looking forward to trying that tonight. We got free tickets to come back tomorrow so I might take my friend tomorrow if the weathers crap and theres nothing else to do :) I wish they still did the girls day out 
ree_nz
247 posts
jalb88 - totally agree. Glad it wasn't any more than $12. But I am happy with the freebies I got as I won a prie pack  - without that I would have been a little more disappointed. Yes Pheonix was really dissapointing - only used a little bit of eyeshadow so not really enough for me to contemplate buying any product. I also did the free Gel polish - so don't have to worry about doing my nails for a while at least! I wish NZ would hold a beauty expo like they do overseas (hint hint Beauty Review - your next mission maybe ;)  )! Let me know what you think of the sponge!
jalb88
121 posts
Haha yes- a proper beauty expo would be amaaaazing!! Not surprisingly I didn't end up heading back today. I am however, really impressed with this gel polish, I spent the day cleaning and cooking up a storm, and no chips at all! My polish usually chips within a day of me painting it so super happy. I was pleasantly surprised with the sponge, my skin felt super smooth after using it and no reactions on my super sensitive skin :)
ree_nz
247 posts
Same here! Five days and no chipping of the nail polish! Mine usually chips after a day and I hate it so much I scratch the rest off!

I have been trying the sponge too - no reactions from my sensitive skin either! I haven't notices a huge difference yet, but it has only been five days and my skin is being quite good at the moment. It will be interesting to see any lasting results.

Which sponge did you buy? I ended up getting the lavender one (for the purpose it served...and also because it was purple!).
jalb88
121 posts
The nail polish is amazing eh?! Mine still looks pretty much perfect after lots of hand washing and using them all day at work, very impressed :)
I got the normal sponge as I have super sensitive skin but if I order some more I will look into getting some other types :) Can I ask what you got in your skinfood prize pack?
ree_nz
247 posts
Nice - the lavender hasn't reacted with me yet (I think it is good for sensitive skin? Maybe?)

Oh, yes the prize pack! I actually just wrote about it for a blog post, speak of the devil! I got the light moisturiser, a soap bar and facial wipes. Doesn't seem that exciting but I needed moisturiser and the cleanser from the beauty box has not irritated my skin thus far so I really wanted to try others from that brand. The other prize pack were makeup brushes and although they were worth more, I'm in love with my Real Techniques brushes that I wouldn't end up using those brushes anyway! Was worth hanging round an hour or so for in my opinion (and, for me, put the expo from disappointing to bearable)!
jalb88
121 posts
Good to know re the lavender sponge! I'm having a bit of a chin breakout at the moment, I don't know if its the sponge or a cleanser sample I got at the show which I've used a couple of times thats done it, but once its all cleared up I'll give the sponge a go again.That sounds like a great prize pack- a good way to try a range of products :) I haven't used skinfood but hear its really good. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!