Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Boxing Day Specials for 2018

30 posts, 9 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I've been up early looking at Boxing Day specials still in my PJs shopping online. I placed my first Boxing Day order with Mecca since they've got things on sale. Last year it was mostly hairties, bags, a few body items and some makeup clearance items. This year there's so much more on sale lots of items from Bareminerals, Too Faced, Stila, Urban Decay, Dr Perricone, lots of lippies, blush, some palettes and stuff. I had to frequently remind myself I didn't need another lippy or blush and I had bought quite a few highlighters over the last month or so. So worth having a look. I had items that I was researching to purchase sell out while I was looking for reviews online and one item while I was in the process of paying for my order. But I did get a few things I wanted. It's a good time to have Mecca gift cards! 

Farmers also has a big sale with 10-25% off  beauty and 30% off some items.
tannygirl
3392 posts
     Beauty Bliss has a makeup clearance sale for Boxing Day, mostly Makeup Revolution and Nyx items but does have a few Smashbox, Jeffree Star, the Balm and a few other brands as well. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Pure Fiji has 20%  code Box18
tannygirl
3392 posts
Eye of Horus has up to 70% off items + a free Emerald Tabula pencil. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Cultbeauty has 30% off a large range of items. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Recreate Yourself Boxing Day Sale
tannygirl
3392 posts
    End of Season Sale&ach=Main Billboard]Sephora has their end of season sale.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    30% off everything at Makeup Direct excluding gift cards and fragrance. 
Susilia
484 posts
I went a bit overboard with the mecca sale, I’ve done a $100 order and later went back for more, another $85 dollars later...

I didn’t actually need anything, but couldn’t resist, my makeup collection is overflowing, I’ll try a low buy year next year, see how that goes! :D 

tannygirl
3392 posts
  25% off storewide at Tarte + free shipping
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Susilia the ammount of makeup I've bought this year is most of my makeup collection and that's after I've given away heaps. I did go on no buy's for makeup for years in the past, but it's an off and on thing. I tried to do a low buy with makeup this year and I probably need to do a lower buy. I've accepted I don't need any more eyeshadow palette although I still want Naked Heat. I will need to buy more foundation and I'm running out of concealer so I'm not going to do a no buy but I will need to improve at talking myself out of buying too many blushes, highlighters and lippies. 
Susilia
484 posts
If naked heat, buy the mini version called “petite”. My absolute favourite and you get to recreate all the same (pretty much) looks as with the big palette. Watch some YouTube comparisons.

I’ve had the big one and hated it, colours made me look like I was terminally ill, gave it to my friend, such a waste of money, but the mini one, omg, the best!!
tannygirl
3392 posts
   That's really interesting. I thought other than the fact that alot of the shades are quite similar, most people really liked that palette. I'm drawn to it because of those red brown undertones, that while there's alot of them that's what I really like wearing these days. I use the reddish brown shade Lucius in my Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour palette alot and made a very shallow dent in it. 

Urban Decay is coming out with new Naked palettes next year so I'll be able to look at those as well and see if I prefer them. No rush for me really since Naked Heat and Petite Heat are both permanent palettes. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
     Trilogy has a 3 for 2 on.
Susilia
484 posts
More new naked palettes? :O

I was already thinking they’re milking it too much coming out with cherry, that one looks pretty though. I have or have had most naked palettes, I might buy cherry one day, but have too many eyeshadow palettes for now.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Yes Naked AF and Naked Honey. Some people are speculating that Naked AF might be an updated version of the Naked OG palette that was discontinued. I like the sound of Naked Honey as in lots of lovely golden brown and tan shades. 
Susilia
484 posts
Oh, yes, naked honey sounds right up my alley too!

the only naked palette I’ve never had is the original one, so curious about naked af, but the name though... really?! :D 
Jesse
745 posts
After family farewells I spent a few hours driving so missed the items in the Mecca sale but did pick up a Tarte foundation brush. I spent a fair bit when Mecca Maxima Bayfair opened so pretty set for most things for now but those new Naked palettes sound great!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I've been fairly restrained on the make up front today as got a haul for Christmas  - though may have to check out some of those links and add to my  collection. 

Christmas lights and phone cases also went into my shopping bag today.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I didn't spend as much Boxing Day this year compared to last.  I decided to forgo spending yesterday (Boxing Day for NZ) in hopes that today (Boxing Day for the US) when there would be sales from the US sites particulary Deceim but they aren't having any Boxing Day sales from the looks of it. I was planning on getting a Beautylish Lucky Bag and got up early and got one this moning. But other than that and the Mecca haul I haven't spent as much on myself. I did do a Tarte order but that's going to be gifts for friends. 
MareeB
5239 posts
All I've bought is a concealer because I found out mine was empty when I tried to use it.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I spent a big fat zero dollars! I didn't let any deals sucker me in this year. I am on a no buy until April. Merry Christmas all xx
MareeB
5239 posts
Good work Lisa! I'm going to be very frugal through 2019 as I have a lot of financial goals.
trudijoy
8375 posts
All I bought on Boxing Day was a freaking amazing lunch and a jar of mochaccino honey! 

Ive just unboxed (over December) a beautiful Christmas advent calendar, I’m still de stashing after my trip to Hawaii, and I’m now only about 15 weeks off my upcoming trip to Asia, so I refrained. 

Also my amazing friends gifted me some lovely beauty things over Xmas too 

Run down and restock seems seems to be working for me.

tabucutie
1811 posts
Haven't bought anything for the boxing day sales. At present I don't need anything so just kept it chill at home away from the temptation .
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I don't I've ever gone out shopping on Boxing Day. I'm more of an online shopper. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Compared to the traffic, hassle finding a parking, the people and the noise; id rather shop online too. Peaceful, confortable, dont have to get dressed, still get bargains. 

I did all my xmas shopping online this year and I think I will continue to do so in future. Hassle free, its so easy!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I must be one of the few who prefers in-store shopping! I love it, floating around and seeing what jumps out 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I'm on holiday at the moment and went shopping with my Sister in law and the mall was absolutely madness. But I managed to pick up some Lush, clothes, some body shop goods, and I picked up the Jeffree Star Lucky bag from Beautylish :) Also went to farmers and got the makeup revolution concealer as they and a 20% of discount on beauty products.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I'm an in store shopper too Trudi :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!