Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Any Special Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals?

48 posts, 19 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
It's Black Friday this week, well Saturday for us in NZ. The last few years I didn't know about or save up for Black Friday. This time I'm better prepared I have been on a reduced spend lately and so I can treat myself if there's a really good bargain. Does anyone know of any sites and discount codes, specials for Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
Macs
5351 posts
I'm going to have a look at the warehouse and Lush tommorow. Hopefully I can find some bargains. Was gonna have a look at the factory sale on but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it over that way in time as well as picking up kids. We'll see how tommorow pans out. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Macs, Lush only ever do the Boxing Day sale. They're a British company so they haven't jumped on the Black Friday bandwagon yet. 

Skinfood are doing 40% off all products on their website tomorrow. 
Macs
5351 posts
Thats good to know soozie. I still wanna pop in for a xmas present I'm buying.  Also enabling my sister to buy something for her birthday tommorow lol
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I just made another skinfood order, making most of their 40% off.
Colourpop doing free international shipping.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I didn't know NZ sites did Black Friday. It's mainly a US thing.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I got an email from skinfood this arvo...awesome deal! Picked up my fave rosehip oil for $14 :-) plus always free shipping.
siouxsannah
261 posts
Mellow posted on Instagram that they are doing something for Black Friday and for Cyber Monday. 
Sephora NZ are doing 20% off everything.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I'm keeping an eye out but so far nothing has caught my eye.
Jesse
745 posts
MAC had some of the sized-to-go travel items at $5 usd, I ended up picking up a couple of lipglasses, mascara and pigment to try out. Yeah I have to youshop them so shipping n what not but I'll probably end up with a couple orders of things I can combine this time of year, and I figured I don't tend to get through full-size lipglasses anyway and lets me test out the mascara.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Could anyone tell me what the Mellow Cosmetics special is for Black Friday? I have my eye on a few of their lippies.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Healthpost is doing $5 off purchases over $88. Use the code - BLACKFRIDAYCS1
tannygirl
3392 posts
iherb is doing 10% off storewide
tannygirl
3392 posts
Okay Mellow is doing 30% off everything code is BLACK30 
Macs
5351 posts
Thank you for sharing. Think I've spent enough money today lol 
MareeB
5239 posts
I didn't even know about Black Friday and wondered why The Warehouse carpark was full at 8.30am!!
Macs
5351 posts
The warehouse was crazy when I went in Maree. I got there 8:30 am. It was a quick fight to grab toys lol I spent heaps today. I can relax now and not worry about it.  
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
The deals I have seen have been really awesome! I'm on another no spend as we are going on a family holiday late Jan. My cousin said she had gone into the warehouse today and there were no car parks and people even fighting over stuff!
Rezee
1964 posts
I've been trying really hard to reduce my spending so I didnt buy anything yesterday! NZ has been doing it for a few years I think now? Its a good time to get Christmas shopping done, which I haven't really done any of yet. Im usually way more organised.
Julieal
915 posts
skinfoodhave 40% offso good special
Macs
5351 posts
I ended up going to the factory outlet sale. Oh I wish I got the Eye of Horus set that was there. I'm regretting it now.
MareeB
5239 posts
40% off Skinfood is an incredible deal! I'm going to buy some for my sons....
Kimrose
1415 posts
We were in Hong Kong this week and M&M were doing black friday sales. I found a suoer cute make up store called Kiko and they had buy 3 get 3 free so I had to indulge. I got 3 lip glosses and 3 nail polishes for nz $ 50.00. It will be fun trying these out.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Kim Kiko is a good brand not available here but has made its way to USA I think you wil enjoy your purchase their mascara and eyeshadows are great too
Kimrose
1415 posts
Thanks for that Keri, if I love it I have a friend that can shop for me. They were havingsuch an awesome sale!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I have two cream eyeshadow sticks from kiko and they are amazing. Great brand of you can get your hands on it.

I haven't and am not planning on purchasing anything with Black Friday/cyber Monday. Still in a getting rid of things mood. Although that is all out of the window when I get to Mecca Maxima next week.

I find it so strange how the whole world has adopted this yearly sale time which is based around American Thanksgiving even though none of us celebrate the holiday itself.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I found Frank Body Scrub is doing 25% off on their kits and some other stuff. 
Macs
5351 posts
Your trip sounds amazing kim. Never heard of Kiko before. I got bit carried away this week. Loved seeing pics of your trip too. 
Frankbody scrub has been on my wishlist for ages. Did you get anything during the black friday sale tannygirl?
tannygirl
3392 posts
Macs, I did an order for some Mellow Lippies and their brow gel, an order with My Natural Health for my sister's birthday present (they were offering 10% off sitewide and free postage) and then an order the kit with two Frank body scrubs and the body balm. We'll see what tomorrow's deals bring it's Cyber Monday in the States on Tuesday. So deals till Tuesday on some websites. 

Would like to hear about what other members have scored so far.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I guess Kirstyj it started off with "Oh, people in the States do a lot of shopping on these days. I guess we should do a big sale for customers in the States, but then if we do a sale for people in the States I guess we should do one for people here as well." 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Pure Fiji has 20% off for Cyber Monday.  Use the code CM16

I can vouch that their body oils are amazing and their body butters are really good too. 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
When Mecca Maxima launched online I desperately wanted to try the mini NARS creamy concealer, but didn't want to pay $10 shipping (wtf?). Old me would've just bought $75 worth of stuff to get free shipping.

Alas, I didn't buy anything. Then I saw they had free shipping for black Friday. Had my mini concealer and 3 free samples arrive today. Hoorah!
MareeB
5239 posts
That's funny Sarah - the universe rewarded you for your self control!!! Well done:)
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I think the deluxe size of the Nars concealer is so good I'd probably spend to get the free shipping since I failed to do any sales during cyber on day or black Friday I remembered it all but totally over spent on kids instead
tannygirl
3392 posts
Keen to hear about some amazing hauls you scored over the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals?
Macs
5351 posts
All up in the Black Friday sale was kids toys, Givency Perfume, Mad about Body Scrub and Body Butter from Kmart, Goth Fairy, Make up Geek Holiday Shadow bundle coming, Snow Fairy gift for my sisters birthday present, Adidas men set for my partner. Yeah I got carried away 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Snow Fairy? Did Lush have sales Macs? :-D
Macs
5351 posts
Soozie was right Lush didn't have a sale on. I went into Sylvia Park and ended getting a Buche de Noel sample. I'm so glad I got a sample instead of buying full sized online. Tried getting a face mask sample got denied first time ever lol 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I picked up some sneakers for myself because my current pair were holey and part of a friends xmas care package.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Macs they did Lush facemask samples? The Lush store in Northlands just has a bowl of water and some tissues they let you wash your hands and try it instore, but never take any samples back home. 
  I really like Buche De Noel but I just like Angels on Bare Skin a bit better. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
maybe because you were asking for two samples, Macs? Idk, the Sylvia Park girls are usually pretty generous but they may be forced into capping it at xmas to stop people getting samples instead of buying? not sure...
Macs
5351 posts
I originally asked for a Ayesha face mask sample. After reading an old review of farmers wife. They declined the face mask so I went for my next option of Buche de noel. I'm not fussed though. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
weird Macs, new policy maybe? Fully tempted to go in and see if i can get one haha.
MissQT
1547 posts
I love angels on bare skin! I've been told that they don't do samples of the face masks as its a higeine issue.
trudijoy
8375 posts
god, brain full of painkillers, much? Sorry ladies, Macs and MissQT are of course right, while I've had plenty of samples from Lush including the Magnaminty and Coffee masks, they don't give the fresh ones as take-home samples.

fail.

Sorry x
Macs
5351 posts
I had luck at Botany Downs getting mask samples. I haven't been to queen st yet. Would love to go there for a look. Must be a new policy .
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Macs, I think maybe you were lucky. I don't think it's a new policy. Mind you I've never asked for a sample as I always have enough pots for a free face mask lol. 
Macs
5351 posts
I've never sampled anything else before. Not sure why. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!