Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Where do you buy your fragrances?

55 posts, 43 members
LisaE5
447 posts
Farmers can be quite expensive at times, so where do you purchase yours from?
ohlovelynicole
191 posts
I buy mine from either Farmers, Importers Clearnace which travels around or The Warehouse when they have parallel imported perfume. I do though try to avoid farmers a but as their prices are much more steep. 
LisaE5
447 posts
I've seen that Farmers sells parallel imported products but I don't really ever go there so don't take advantage of the deals. How much cheaper is it at The Warehouse rather than at Farmers?
Nishu
374 posts
I buy mine from importers clearance sale. They have the sale twice each year and thats 2 fragrances for me for the year :)
ohlovelynicole
191 posts
That importers clearance sale is hard to resist, especially when the perfume is so highly reduced. I brought Pretty by Elizabeth Arden for $109 at Farmers and then they came a couple weeks later and were selling it for $29 so definitely keep an eye out for when they're coming around. 
LisaE5
447 posts
Oh thanks
LisaE5
447 posts
Oh wow thats a good savign :D Do you like pretty? I thought about buying it but I feel as though it might be a bit too floral for my liking
colleencanary
764 posts
StrawberryNet! Its 100% geniune and half the price.
Nishu
374 posts
Pretty is perfect if it stays on you :) not too overpowering!
LisaE5
447 posts
Thanks for the advice on Strawberry net and about Pretty :D
Xtinastar
165 posts
I tend to wait till i can get some duty free. Though i have found strawberry net can be quite cheap. Every day at 10pm they release "6 hot deals" and they generally have a perfume as one of the deals, and its heavily discounted :)
sonzw
29 posts
It all depends - I go to Farmers for my all time favourite, Hypnotic Poison, but have brought them before at the clearance outlets when they come to towm or duty free. When holidaying in Egypt we went to a perfumery and I brought a bottle of something resembling Issy Miyake - and it is lovely - apparently it will last my lifetime and some...we will see...
MissAimeeJean
267 posts
I buy mine from department stores (Smith & Caughey in Auckland, and Arthur Barnett in Dunedin). They don't tend to sales but the service and range is fabulous! Duty free is also good too :-)
lenarose
313 posts
The last time I bought perfume it was at Kardashian Khaos in Las Vegas, but generally I try and get perfume duty free.
Siena
50 posts
I normally wait until I travel to get all my perfumes duty free. Perfumes are SO expensive here e.g Farmers! 

I'm a sucker for perfume but oh-my-goodness they're so so expensive here. 

What is Importers Clearance??

I have noticed that the prices of perfumes in Duty Free haven't gone down in price much over the years. A couple of my fav's are still almost the same price when I bought them 5 years ago!! 
mugglemum
12 posts
Strawberry net - great prices when they have sales.  If you're not sure about what you're buying if you don't know the brand you can go to http://www.fragrantica.com/ for reviews and see what's in them, notes etc really great site.  
JamieLynneKirk
157 posts
Farmers when theyre on sale & i watch trademe some people put up unwanted gifts and i get some great perfume deals :)
JamieLynneKirk
157 posts
Farmers when theyre on sale & i watch trademe some people put up unwanted gifts and i get some great perfume deals :)
ChelsMcNally
2 posts
I either buy mine from Farmers when they have a good sale on or I buy them duty free. My step mum works for virgin so I get 20% off the duty free price :)
RachE14
82 posts
Today I purchased Katy Perry meow 100ml for 59 at postie plus. Genuine parralel import, jut like the warehouse. I was stoked, they have others too.
Lana1998
11 posts
I usually get mine from farmers but I agree they can be quite expensive

bex_mcd
46 posts
I always get mine duty free (I have the benefit of a family member who travells alot for work), but I have noticed the perfume sales/strawberry net etc can be cheaper than duty free, but I tend to steer clear because I have heard some bad stories re fakes, out of date products etc. 
ree_nz
247 posts
Bit late on the bandwagon, but I have used Pretty for a few years now! I never by my fragrances in NZ anymore (way to expensive for me). Instead when I vist family in Australia I go to the discount pharmacys - one time they had Pretty (100ml) on sale of $20 :) . I like Pretty - its light and feminine and suits me fine. Thinking about getting Vera Wang Princess (hence looking up the fragrance reviews and forums). So tip - if you are ever visitng Aussie, don't buy your perfume duty free, wait until you can find a discount pharmacy (e.g. chemist warehouse or good price pharmacy) and get them cheaper there!
pixie_stylz
228 posts
Farmers usually

hughes_dre
229 posts
I normally get them from Farmers, or there's an importer across the road from my work (in Wellington) on Willis Street, and they can order in fragrances that are otherwise discontinued i.e. Lancome Magnifique or Chopard Pure Wish.  But I agree, The Warehouse do have some pretty decent sales on.
Lefemmenikita
89 posts
There is a sale on at the moment on all Sarah Jessica Parker perfumes on Brandexclusive:

https://www.brandsexclusive.co.nz/event/beauty/sarah-jessica-parker-fragrances/?utm_source=bexnz20131006-5&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sarah-jessica-parker-fragrances&cid=21471&eid=4923&siteid=3&etype=DAIL&eaction=EC

I've purchased from here before. They usually have pretty good deals

mumto3kids
3 posts
I buy mine from avon
analesha13
129 posts
I was really fortunate to go through duty free a couple times a week and ment I got MAC and perfume from duty free! Best perk!
LAcurwood
3 posts
Would anyone have a suggestion of where to purchase Juicy Culture Noir for a good price? Famers have it, but as you said at times they can be pricey!
g1ggles2
358 posts
Framers
Or
Life Pharmacy is really good - and the ladies their are much more helpful than the Framers staff I have found.
Also try & hit the pop up inported sales.

I try to avoid buying online because you can never be 100% sure it will be the real deal (their are so many knock off's around) although in saying this the NZsale website can be pretty good & more legit :D
pnortee_gurl
17 posts
Thanks for the tips on Strawberrynet & frantica.com 
I must be the most budget person on here because I buy mine from all the cheap places, the warehouse, avon, homedirect, trademe.lolz.. I wish I could afford to go duty free, but I haven't traveled anywhere in 4 years... and I always seem to miss out on the fragrance sales, damme next year Im going to be there though!! 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I wait till Life Pharmacy or Farmers has a sale on the small perfume bottles. It took me a year to go through a 50ml bottle so 30ml bottles for me suffice plus I'd rather have more variety of bottles than one big bottle that would cost me twice as much. There's also importers clearance sales on sometimes and I go to those but since I'm quite picky if my favorite fragrance sells out I won't buy another fragrance because I don't feel I have enough time to test it and there's a crowded mad rush during those times.
Imoshen
461 posts
So glad I'm not the only one that purchases perfumes off Strawberrynet!  PHEW!

I prefer to get mine Duty Free as I'm passing through Singapore.  I find it a lot cheaper there than any other Duty Free I've been to. 

I always stock up and have enough that will last me a couple of years because as long as you look after your perfume by keeping it out of the heat and the sun it will actually last you a long time without going off. 

I have perfume that I purchased well over 5 years ago that is still very fresh.
Farmers pretty much !
Sometimes The Warehouse as well , due to them being parallel imported though I try to be careful .
I do want to try Strawberry Net sometime !
BusyMum
7 posts
Strawberrynet for the last few years and never had a problem with the fragrance...some people said that it's not genuine but I compared a bottle of Chanel Madamosielle with one in Farmers and it was identical so I trust the site. :)
lu_cyeg
2 posts
Strawberry net is great, they have huge discounts on fragrances sometimes and when I bought mine it got delivered to me within 4 days and gift wrapped I was super happy. They probably gift wrapped it because it was during christmas...
MissQT
1547 posts
Ilovebeauty have some decent prices :)
Lutece
1849 posts
I wait until the big bucket sales come to Auckland, i agree Farmers can be expensive for perfume
MishaB
1 posts
I get mine from Avon now , i love floral perfumes and they have some really nice ones. It also helps that i get samples from my rep it helps when deciding to be able to wear it for a few days.
andyjh
2 posts
Avon perfumes are really lovely and last quite well on the skin and Postie Plus also has parallel import perfumes which are really resonable in price.
Shontz
1 posts
It depends what your looking for, but I find StrawberryNet to be quite good and normally cheaper than buying in NZ.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Definitely StrawberryNet.  I haven't found anywhere else that can beat their prices.  Would like to know if anyone has found somewhere cheaper :-)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Duty free is where I have purchased my more expensive brands, if you get the chance to save before you fly overseas and bulk buy on the way back, or know of people going overseas. It amazing the savings, nearly 60% cheaper to buy Christain Dior at duty free than any stores.  But if I can't get through this method I always hit the Farmers sale events
Kia
550 posts
Try fishpond website. They are much cheaper than in retail and I can vouch for authenticity.other than that, the importers sales are really good! A lot of New Zealand websites actually sell perfume much cheaper than in retail. I'm not sure if it is agaisnt the rules to mention them here. But google cheap perfume NZ. Websites should come up 
analesha13
129 posts
I buy from duty free but Fragarance X has been recommended to me!
nemesisroxx
506 posts
Do any of the the sites suggested sell samples? There are alot of perfumes I'd love to try. Not keen on going to Farmers to try 
Chaotic82
522 posts
My Perfume Samples sells samples.  I just got some sent out (pics on my instagram)  Last ages too!!
chikoboo
3402 posts
I agree with Chaotic, myperfumesamples.com is great for getting samples.....its slowly becoming a bit of a new obsession just received a package last week, only takes a week or less to deliver.
nemesisroxx
506 posts
O thanks @Chaotic & Chikoboo! Will check the site out! Exciiiiiting!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!