Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Caramel/Vanilla Fragrance

24 posts, 8 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hey ladies. I am after a new scent, I love caramel and vanilla so have been looking for something with those notes. I literally smelled everything in Farmers last week and nothing wowed me. Does anyone use Prada Candy? I am looking at trying that. Any other suggestions much appreciated :-)
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
For a perfume? Have you tried those sites where you put in the notes you like and it generates perfumes with them?

I know the pharmacy sometimes does some perfumes that are specifically vanilla or caramel scented and there is a perfume shop in Wellington (Fragrifert) that does bespoke perfume if you can't find anything you like.

Let us know what you find, those sound like lovely scents to have in something.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
No I have not tried doing that as didn't know you could. Thanks for the tip! I am fussy with perfumes so it is hard finding something perfect. Will update here if I find something :-)
MareeB
5239 posts
I don't know about a perfume with that combination. It sounds divine though - kind-of candle-ish.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Anyone tried the bonbon vanilla perfume?
Macs
5351 posts
I got solid perfume from Lush Vanillary in my boxing day haul . If you swatch it in store for a try? 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yea Macs I have Lush Vanillary. While I do love it, there is some smell in it that I don't like. Lol I am fussy.
shazatron101
5112 posts
i looouuurrrvvveeee vanilla perfumes - i have at least 6 hahahahaha.

i have two from The Body Shop, both divine. one is a proper perfume and i think the other is supposed to be like a body spray but i use it as a perfume 

Katy Perry does a perfume thats very vanilla-ry, it's called Mad Potion.

i also have a Victoria's Secret vanilla body spray!

also, if the gypsy fairs come around your ways and youre into that sorta thing, theres a woman who sells the most gorgeous bottles of perfume oil things and i have one in, yes, you guessed it, vanilla. and the best thing about this perfume is it only gets better as it ages, rather than going rank like most do. and i know this cos i used it the other day and the scent got soooo much better. hnnn *heart eyes*

i also have vanillary from LUSH and like you i find that theres something in it that throws me off, its not quite as vanilla as i like, but i do enjoy layering it with one of my above sprays lol

sorry none of them have caramel notes but i just truly love vanilla smells lol.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks Shaz that is very helpful! I do love the gypsy fair but it has been and gone unfortunately. I went into the body shop and did smell all the perfumes last week but I had smelled so much in farmers that it was just far too much and my sniffer was playing up so I will go back and try the vanilla again :-)

Will look at the Katy Perry one. Thank you!
trudijoy
8375 posts
The VS Vanilla one is suuuuuuper vanilla-y, i quite liked that but bought (cough) 8 other fragrances.  And three lotions.  Not even sorry.  
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I've never tried any Victoria Secrets scents, where do I buy them?
trudijoy
8375 posts
I love them! My current fave is Wicked and my all time fave is Bombshell. I usually get them in Aus, got my latest ones in Hawaii. The only NZ store is at the intl airport. They do pop up at the warehouse, in brand sales, on nzsale etc. just the mists though. Not sure if they’re legit
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh also it’s not perfume but Glasshouse make their Tahaa scent as a handcream. It’s the one they burn at Peter Alexander stores; super caramel vanilla goodness
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
OK cool thanks Trudi, I will have a look for them :-)
Kimrose
1415 posts
Maybe you can read the reviews on Prada Candy?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I did Kim :-) there's only a handful but it sounds lovely. I have purchased a sample :-)
MareeB
5239 posts
I'll be keen to hear how it goes then Lisa :)
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I have prada candy and I'd say it's definitely not that vanillary. It's always reminded me of prunes. 

What about vera wang's pink princess? It's the closest I have in my collection to sweet caramel.
Macs
5351 posts
If you find a caramel scent I’d be keen . As I love that too . I used to have Avon Soft Vanilla Musk . Used to be my fave but I don’t think it’s available anymore.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I will look into that Charmmy-kitty. Lol well I do love prunes haha.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I ended up getting Prada candy, Katy Perry - mad potion and pink sugar. I love the Prada Candy and the others are quite nice too. Nice to have some new scents.
shazatron101
5112 posts
OoOOOOOoooOoooOOoh whats pink sugar!?!? but yay!!! i hope you love them :-)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Fragrance Notes: Pink Sugar begins with sugary sweet notes of cotton candy, strawberry, raspberry and orange which fade to reveal sensual mid notes of lily of the valley, fig leaves, and liquorice blossom. The scent finishes on rich, soft base notes of vanilla, amber, musk, and woods.

I like it but I love the Prada Candy!!! Heart eyes!!
shazatron101
5112 posts
That sounds AMAZING *hearteyes* yum!!!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!