Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Skin pedaling around nails....ouch

8 posts, 7 members
Daisy-lee
2 posts
Hey! 

Does anyone have problems with skin peeling around the nail? Mine gets so bad sometimes they start bleeding. Please help any tips or tricks is very much appreciated.

xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
Mine does yep. I try to ignore it to stop myself peeling it and i use hand creams and cuticle oils. Resident nail expert Silvene will have better ideas though :-)
tabucutie
1811 posts
I use hand cream repeatedly through the day to combat dry hands and cuticles. Cuticle oils are more concentrated though so could possibly help more initially.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I've had this problem. It hurts! I make sure to use hand cream often and never pick at it :-)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Definitely a good quality cuticle oil (Da’di Oil by Famous Names, if you can find a salon near you that stocks it), and use it twice daily (morning and evening), massaging a small amount into the skin around the nail, as well as massaging it over the nail as this helps keep polish from becoming brittle and chipping, and it helps to nourish your nails, too, even while wearing polish, gel included.

Hand cream applied liberally before bed, and also massaged into the skin around the nails.  If possible apply hand cream during the day, too.  Oasis Beauty’s Rhino Repair is good to use during the day, as it’s non-greasy. 

Most importantly, don’t pick or pull the skin or hangnails.  That skin is there for a reason, to protect your nails from bacteria and infection.  If there are loose, dry bits sticking up, carefully trim them down with nail clippers. 
Daisy-lee
2 posts
Thankyou so much! Hope this works over the pain! And it looks horrible!
MareeB
5239 posts
I hope something works for you - it sounds horrible.
SandyGedge
394 posts
Ooh I needed to read this thread! Thankyou and hope yours get better :-)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!