Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Is there a way to fix this?

8 posts, 7 members
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Good afternoon lovelies!  It feels like years since I have been in here.  I have been busy with life as it goes so haven't been around.  Anyways back to the topic.....I have split two of my nails horizontally really low so it will bleed not to mention hurt if I pull or cut them off.  Is there a way that any of you have tried that will save them without having to suffer from blood loss and pain by cutting the nail off.  Thanks in advance.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
While I'm sure I've seen some kind of nail fill or some such product at the pharmacy - probably by manicare, I have found that those nail wraps can at least hold the nail in place (and look pretty) so it has a chance at growing out.
The worst thing will be if it snags on things - so be careful with fluffy clothing & the like.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
try this:Farmers
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I get this, sometimes my nails split for no reason, sometimes it due to catching my nail on something. I cut the nail down as much as I can then paint it with nail glue, so it looks like a clear nail polish. I have tried using nail polish as well but nail glue keeps the nail stuck for longer. That said you will have to re-glue it regularly until it's high enough to cut off. And to prevent layers of nail glue, just use nail polish remover before applying a new layer.

I have been using Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails since I was getting this problem regularly and my nails did seem more resiliant after a few months of this.

Also the best way to protect a nail is a band aid or a finger/toe sleeve.

Hope that helps and that your nails grow quickly.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
The best thing to do is to file the nail down as short as possible and to wear a plaster / bandage (I never know what to call them) to protect the nail from catching, snagging and tearing further. 

If wrapping it up is not really an option, get some nail glue (any brand will do) and an unused tea bag (also any brand). Cut the tea bag along a seam and empty out the tea. Cut the bag open by removing all the thick seams so that all you're left with is the fine fabric bits and then cut a small section of the tea bag off so that it's slightly larger than the tear on your nail. 

Place some nail glue onto your nail around the split, try to keep the glue on your nail and not to get any into the split, especially if it's sore or has bled at all. Use tweezers to place the small piece of tea bag fabric onto the nail and use a Glad bag to press it down (nail glue doesn't stick to Glad bags). Once it's stuck, apply a little more glue onto the top of the tea bag so that it's really stuck down well.

Once the glue is dry, paint your nail with a clear top coat or colour of choice.  Save the rest of the tea bag for your next repair, as most of the glue will come off with nail polish remover containing acetone.

I've used a "patch" like this before on my own nail and it lasted a week under a regular top coat before I had to replace it. Keep patching it until the tear grows out but also keep the nail as short as possible (filing it down every couple of days) to stop it snagging and tearing further. 
MissQT
1547 posts
I've never done it before but I've seen YouTube videos of the tea bag trick that silvene mentioned. Leah light did a video on her Facebook page recently when she was on holiday.
Macs
5351 posts
Normally I would cut it. Hope it grows back. But after reading this thread I wouldn't mind trying some of the solutions out . 
Ringy
825 posts
This happened to the nail on both my big toes - I think someone stepped on my feet at netball - one week after the other - it was awful - but I just cut them as short as possible and superglued it back in place and then nail polished over it.  Wasn't that pretty but worked until it grew enough to trim it all off. Feet are different to hands though - not as much use. I think band aids seems the best option for you. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!