Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Glitter Polish

25 posts, 14 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have only 2 nails coated, I may be crazy but I'm not full blown do all the fingers cray haha. So how do you get your glitter nails off? Thanks x
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I soak off traditional glitter polish the same way as I would remove gel polish, there's just no need to etch the polish first if its traditional lacquer (normal nail polish).  Start by soaking normal glitter polish for 3 mins and then try wiping it off, soak for a little longer if necessary.  I just find soaking for a few minutes much easier than sitting there trying to scrub it off with a cotton pad! 

Steps on how to soak off gel polish or acrylic are in this thread.   

RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've heard that using a very thin layer of Elmer's Glue or PVA Glue as a base coat under glitter polish can make it easy to remove, as the glue just peels off with the polish (like it did in that crazy 100+ layers of nail polish video in the other thread).

I've never used glue as a peel-off base coat under glitter polish, so I can't say if it affects polish durability or if it would have any long-term effect on your natural nails.  Personally, I'd rather just use a normal base coat and soak the glitter polish off for a few minutes when it needs to be removed. 
Kimrose
1419 posts
I know OPI has a base coat for glitter polish. It apparently makes it a breeze to take off glitter. It would be great if you were a glitzy glitter fan...
trudijoy
8375 posts
i use my Sally Hansen Gel Top coat as a base coat if I want to do glitter nails. It peels off :D
Macs
5351 posts
Far I just realised I have no glitter polishes after seeing Trudis nails on the wall. My Mavarla ran out. Definitely need to pick one up. Ah Normally baby wipes drenched in nailpolish remover. Im yet to try the tin foil one.
I Definitely need to follow this post I tend to go overboard on glitter polishes as they seem to be the only ones that stay on my nails longer than a couple of days with out chipping
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I usually just use my nail polish remover pads but I might try treating them like gel polish next time.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooh thanks Silvene! I knew I could count on you to answer, resident Nail Art queen ;-) 

Does it really Trudi!?! Omg lol. I'd use it bUT! That stuff makes my nails peel like they're bananas so I'll give it a miss haha

Kim - I've heard of peel off base coats, but... I just don't understand them!

RamblingRose
1280 posts
 Lol, thanks for the compliment, Shaz! 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
This thread is actually super helpful! I was that crazy I did all of my nails in Glitter polish awhile back and It was tough to get the stuff off. Very helpful tips!
Lutece
1849 posts
Theres this brand called Mode cosmetics, theyre sold at a few chemists and they have a deal where 3 items are $10? They have a nail polish remover that removes glitter polish easy peasy, I found its the best nail polish remover Ive used to take off anything <3
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooh thanks Lutece. I might check it out on Tuesday and see what I can find :D
Lutece
1849 posts
I hope you find some Shaz, its really good! There was a life pharmacy that sold this but its closed down, good luck with your search hun :)
MissQT
1547 posts
I've heard of using pva glue as a base coat too but haven't tried it. I also saw something called glitter base a while ago which has he same effect. Not sure what brand it is as it was some overseas brand not sold here. The tin foil method is also good for removing glitter polish. Soak cotton wool in the remover then place it over your nail wrapped in tinfoil to keep it in place (or hold it with your hand, similar to silvenes method). Wait a Minite or two then wipe the cotton wool off.
Artemis
311 posts
Must try that MODE remover when I next see it, can't find any stores around with Mode and I want to try their liquid lipsticks.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I bought the Sally Hansen Big Peel Off Base Coat from Farmers on Friday and put it to the test straight away by slapping OPI Petal Soft all over my nails, which is usually a nightmare to remove. Tonight when I went to take it off I literally got it off in 30 seconds flat. Each nail pealed off in one piece, and didn't take any of my nail bed with it!

So stoked! I've been trawling for a glitter base coat for the longest time!

Excuse me while I go and buy all the glitter polishes.

shazatron101
5112 posts
Going along with the 100 coats of... Trend, check this out. 100 coats of liquid lip. How insane can you get!?!? That would hurt so bad coming off!! 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I can't even watch it, it looks that gross lol. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Insane! It looked so painful lol I honestly could think of a million other fun things to do over applying 100 layers of liquid lip lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
I skipped through, I don't know how she did it! It looked sore and painful and yuck. No thanks lol
tannygirl
3392 posts
I've seen 365 layers of makeup sprayed on in one day. Wow, that's alot of makeup and that's the lightest application tool available.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Gives a whole new meaning to cake face hahahahaha
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
That honestly looked like one of those whipped cream pies hahaha horrible
tannygirl
3392 posts
Yeah when I watched it I was thinking if I wore make up every day how many bottles of foundation I would pan off quickly.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!