Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Minis or Full Size?

15 posts, 13 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
   With most things I prefer fullsized. Full sized foundation, primer, face powders, anything that's part of my base makeup I like full sized. But there's something about deluxed mini makeup that I really enjoy. Maybe the idea that I can fit more in my makeup bag or purse or that it will take up less space therefore I can hoard more. Or that I will pan through it faster.
    But there is one item that I love it more when it comes in a deluxe mini form and that's mini lippies. I actually prefer it to full sized tubes, (unless the lippy is Twig by Mac, because it's my fave go to). Here's why, I find the smaller bullet or applicator easier to make a precise application, it's easier to pan off and since lippy is one of those things that you need to reapply taking up less space in my purse is a bonus, plus it takes up less space in my drawer and I like lippies being the item I have the most of in my makeup collection. I have heart eyes for mini lipsticks and when I'm a hurry to get out the door I've found that I'm more likely to apply a mini lipstick (or Mac Twig) than a fullsized tube. 
    Other things I enjoy in deluxe minatures but to a lesser degree is eyeshadows, eyeshadow palettes, highlighters, mascara, eyeliner, pencils and if I can fit a reasonable sized brush in the pan, bronzer and blush. Over the last while I have quite a few minis in my makeup collection.
    So do you have fullsized fever or mini madness? Which items do you like more in minature?
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I love the minis that have identical packaging to the full size just smaller. Sad thing is the vast majority tend to be more expensive if you factor in the amount of product you're getting. I like mini perfumes, like those cute ones that come in a set next to the bigger one. And you can refill them from the full size after they run out so the cute bottle isn't wasted.
MareeB
5241 posts
I like minis so I can try things, especially if they come in sets.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Miniature. I only buy full size if I know I like it. Or if full size is the only size it comes in!
Koni
444 posts
Ohhh great thread! I'm all for mini / travel and deluxe size, the exception being lipstick hehe I find mini lipsticks annoying.  Like Shaz, I prefer to buy the mini (if available) and then if I really like it I'll buy the full size. I really wish they'd come out with more mini highlighters like the size of Kevyn Aucoin highlighters - just more realistic to pan and takes up less space.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Usually I prefer full sized because it's often better value for money. But I would love to see more mini perfumes.
Macs
5351 posts
Full size for skin care and minis for high end make up to try out then I can decide to buy it. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Oh yes perfume minis are great. I like the idea of how you get enough of the fragrance to see if you really like it before you splurge on a full sized bottle because fragrance is pricey. And if those minis don't leak they are great for having in your purse if you need to reapply throughout the day. Plus I like the idea of more varieties of perfume for less money. 
    I do like full sized of my favourite fragrances though.
MareeB
5241 posts
Me too Tanny, especially a set from the same celebrity /brand, as often they're similar but subtly different. Plus I'm mad on perfumes and like to try as many as I can!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I travel so much that I have minis of almost everything body and hair related in a near-constant state of readiness. With makeup I only buy travel sized mascara, almost never full size because I'm strict about adhering to the three month rule and because my fave 3 mascaras all come in mini size. I have minis of most makeup items.

Minis are necessary!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I adore mini sized products!!! I like being able to try multiple different things and actually figure out if you like them. Also the feeling of satisfaction when you finish something it great and only made better when you can do it quite quickly with a mini.

I also feel with more expensive products this is even more important - why waste my good money on something that doesn't perform the way I think it should.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ummm I agree with Shan, I only buy fullsize products if I really love them unless of course it is Lush, then its always fullsize ha ha ha. Miniatures are a great way of trying a product before spending the full price tag on it before you even know if you like it or not. Especially when it comes to the higher price tag brands.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
If I know that it is something I like and use, I have no issue on full size. If I want to try I would rather a mini option be available for me, I don't want a serum that cost $100 to not work in the time it takes to use the mini.
yayi
8 posts
If I am just going to test it out and not entirely sold on the product. I will just buy the mini size of it. But if I am already a regular user then I'll get it full size. Cheaper to buy it full size, right?
I love it when brands produce minis.  I vastly prefer to try a mini before commiting to the full size!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!