Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Let us add a touch of fun for a Monday morning shall we?!

21 posts, 13 members
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
What lipstick brand and colour would you liken your personality to and why?  Let me start the ball rolling.........Mine would be Jeffree Star in Weirdo which is black (thanks again Shaz! x),  I would usually go with red but the black in this instance suits my personality because it has mystery, boldness, stand out in the crowdness, but also likes to sit back in the shadows and just be.  It is a colour not alot of people dare to rock but it's me all over.  Your turns..........
chikoboo
3402 posts
I actually recently worked on my own lipstick with Rovie called Booberry, which is this deep plum with a pink undertone that switches from dark and gothic if popped on and left, but blot it down and it turns into this soft berry pink tone that is more gentle, which I think suits me perfectly as I swing from the dark and gothic to soft and gentle all the time.   However a more in the market type of lipstick would be NARS Liv, which is similar in a dark gothic plum shade. 
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Oh thats sounds soooooo cool and to make your own sounds amazing!!  Do you have a swatch you can share?  I'd love to see it.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Shana I've got a photo on the beauty wall from a few weeks back called gothic valentine, I am wearing it bold with matte transulecent powder over the top to matte it on that photo =)  It is odd how many colours a person can own but you always gravitate to one, which for me is purple. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I think my fave and my "me" lipstick is the JS red shade he bought out at Christmas. I know the name, I just don't want to offend anyone and get in trouble! But, it's very me because its a lovely dark red, which I think I wear well, and if that wasn't enough it has glitter in it. I am all over glitter like white on rice. ;-)
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Ah yes I know the one....the sound the jolly red guy makes!  I love that colour on you too Phtannon!  It is soooooo you.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I don't own the lipstick it's one I just can't get hold of, it will be mine one day! Lol but Unicorn blood Jeffree Star. I look at it and feel it suits my personality. A little dark, twisted, shy, playful and burst of fun!
Macs
5351 posts
For liquid matte would be Dose of Colours Kiss of Fire/ Lime Crime Salem and for lipstick it would be Mac Rebel. 
Lutece
1849 posts
An awesome thread Shana and I love how you explained why Weirdo is for you, youre such an amazing woman <3 For me Manic panic Hell bells would be like my personality, Its a dark charcoal colour with glittery specks through it. I constantly have a lot to deal with, health, family life and life in general and I try to find the good in it all no matter how small it is.

A great way to start the week gorgeous gal <3
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
That's a hard question. I think Chi Chi Disco Inferno as its a fun girly lipstick that is also a bit edgy as a dark metallic pink. It's also my most worn lipstick. I have a ridiculous number of lipsticks but this one always gets used the most.
tannygirl
3392 posts
It's hard to say but for me it would probably be a nude lippy because I'm pretty much a what you see is what you get type of person. I don't photoshop my pics, I use make to enhance what I've got but I don't really overdraw my lips hardly or wear things like falsies or press on nails. Also while I like things that look good I like practicality like a pretty braid that suits you but keeps your hair out of your face, clothes that are flattering but that you can comfortably move in, etc.
Rezee
1964 posts
I think I'd be a pink nude. Dependable, goes with everything and honest. But not super out there. I love pink so I feel like I couldn't just be a normal nude.
trudijoy
8375 posts
maybe KVD Studded Kiss Bauhau5?

The packaging can be a bit spiky and fragile, but it houses something nice. The colours part dark, part bright, and stands out without being too in your face. And it's not easily found in NZ, and part of my heart will always be out of NZ

Or KVD Backstage bambi.... girly, bold, and pretty tough....
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Aw thanks Lutece you sweetheart!  Thanks girls this gives me some insight in to who you are and your personalities.  Trudi what is your opinion on the formula of the Kat Von D studded lippies?  I am uber keen on some but wanna know I would heart them.
trudijoy
8375 posts
shana the everlasting liquid lip is far better. I actually like the studded kiss once it's on, but the packaging comes apart really easily in my bag, and (that may be why) it can be slightly dry and drag slightly when I apply it, but it softens and settles, and once on, is nice. The liquid lip lasts forever and a day and is super simple; i'll re-buy bauhau5 in that i think
First Lady
957 posts
I now have 'you can call me Travie Claus minus the Ho Ho' in my head.  

I don't think pixie will tell us off...she's written an article on questionable makeup names I'm sure.

shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaha she has, I think. That was a weird article. Some of the names were good, others didn't even look like what their name would be! 
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Hahaha I guess my nickname for you Shaza stuck lol that's awesome.  Phtannon is just her pet name I call her Crystalfisk282 her name is Shannon.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@Shana_Banana, it looks like crystalfisk282's "post" was a simple copy & paste of your exact comment from earlier in the thread (6th comment from the top).  It did strike me as being a bit odd but I didn't want to mention it earlier, in case I'm wrong ... 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaha Silvene I never noticed that this morning! How strange...
Head Pixie
569 posts
Funny! I read it and had this dejavu moment and couldn't figure out why it felt so familiar or how she would know your nickname...

As for telling people off FIRST LADY - Pixie may have a naughty mouth outside of the forum, but I keep this place squeaky clean. It's the toilet of my Beauty Review house. Or the kitchen. Oh, you all know what I mean :) xxx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!