Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Favourite everyday lips

15 posts, 12 members
MissQT
1547 posts
what's your favourite everyday lip product (e.g lipstick, lipgloss, lip stain). At the moment I'm loving Mac velvet teddy. It's a slightly darker nude so it's not completely neutral.
tannygirl
3392 posts
My go to when I'm in a hurry is Mac Twig. It looks like a pinky MLBB on me really nice. I also find I'm drawn to similar shades and dupes when I go look at lippies and so I usually have to run to the Mac counter (if there is one and swatch Mac Twig next to whatever shade I swatched on my hand see if it's a dupe or close enough to Twig) so I don't buy multiples of the same shades. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Perk of working online and having to appear on camera most days (for online tutorials) means that I go bright most days and love it. Current faves are LimeCrime Countessa Fluorescent, Australis MaLiBoo or KVD Backstage Bambi or Bauhau5
Macs
5351 posts
Normally lip balm . Either Nivea Lip Butter or EOS . If it's make up it will be my nudes La Splash Ghoulish, Gerard 1995 or Lime Crime Buffy. 
swamphen
73 posts
I only wear bright lippie every once in a while... my everyday go to is Karen Murrell lip balm over the top of a little stain. It's gorgeous! Well worth the $.
tannygirl
3392 posts
If I'm not wearing lipstick then it's my Hurraw Sun Protect Lip Balm if I'm going to go outside or my basic Ecostore Beeswax lip balm just because it's the one in the cup on my laptop table so within arms reach. 

Trudi, yes I totally agree if you're going to be on camera you need a darker or brighter lip just because the camera takes away some of the color. I did discover that when I did take a couple pics that I really like up front it's a good pic, but in thumbnail not so much. Because of the angle I have that shadow from my glasses and it stands out more than my lips because I was wearing a more natural shade of lippy and the rest of my makeup was more natural and neutral so I look washed out. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I can't wear lipstick cause my lips are so small and it looks really bad on me lol. I love blistex lip conditioning balm...it is my everyday lip balm and definately my favourite.
MissQT
1547 posts
Lisa-Lou I love that blistex one too, the pink and white one. Tannygirl I also love hurraw. I'm using the coconut and lemon grass one at the moment.
MareeB
5244 posts
I usually use strawberry lip gloss in the morning, and during the day I have a coconut lip balm that I love.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Ofra liquid matte x Manny mua collab charmed a pink undertone muted mauve nude this is my work shade
Ofra liquid matte x Kathleen lights Miami fever a brick orange shade this is my summer out of work shade
Charlotte Tilbury matte revolution in very Victoria perfect nude this is either under any of the above lipsticks or alone when not fussing
With Jouer lip topper in tanlines
New favorite is Colourpop x Kathleen lights Aquarius stain liquid lip
Qweenkaren
313 posts
Recently I have been loving the Nutrimetics vivid liquid, I have one in Ruby and I had two in Violet, I was given them last year by my mum, and I say had, cause I've already deleted one of the violet. If I'm not wearing these, then I normally throw on a lip gloss and head out the door.
kirstyj
1732 posts
My absolute fav is the YSL Lip tint in oil. Mainly because it is super moisturising but the tint stays on my lips for longer. Really want to pick up some more colours actually - or try the Clarins one... hmmm maybe next payday :)
MissQT
1547 posts
tannygirl, Mac twig is another one of my faves. I've switched to velvet teddy though as twig is darker on me and I wanted more of a nude colour. I have a jordana lipstick that's similar to twig too.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
It is a lipstick normally in the pink variation, and currently the brighter the better. Most of the time it is in bullet form but a couple are liquid.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
For me my everyday lipstick is my Mac, rebel. It's a red thart is perfect for everyday wear or full glam :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!