Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What Are You Fave Makeup Geek Eyeshadows, Especially for Base and Transition/Crease Shades?

5 posts, 2 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I have been wanting to try MUG eyeshadows for awhile and mainly want to put together a palette of base shades to set my eye primer and transition/crease shades to pull together and blend out my darker and brighter eyeshadows. I'm an NC25. I had been hoping that the Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes would become available at Mecca because almost half of the colors were good transition and base shades but I don't see any plans of that happening since it's been out for over a year and the Mecca staff are pretty clueless about the palette. 

So anywas I have a few shades in mind like the popular

Creme Brulee
Peach Smoothie
Beaches and Cream
Sora 
Frappe
Buffed 
Tan lines
Cocoa Bear (a bit dark for a transition but everyone loves this shade)

any more I should add to the list?

Also what about the shimmers and foiled shadows do they stay on well or crease? I like doing looks where I have shimmer or a metallic look on my lid but then I have monolids so often the shimmer can transfer. I'm interested in Grandstand, In the Spotlight and Insomia (I've wanted a warm red brown with a blue/green shift for a long time but didn't want to shell out over 30 bucks for Urban Decay Lounge). 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   So I ordered 18 eyeshadows last night. Apparently if you buy 9 eyeshadows you get a free 9 well palette which is good. Already this morning I got a shipping confirmation e-mail so that's A+ customer service. I ordered

- Beaches and Cream
- Buffed
- Tan Lines 
- Sora
- Preppy
- Desert Sands
- Chickadee
- Magic Act
- In the Spotlight
- Insomnia

and then I got the Forbidden Fruit and Everyday combinations which were on sale. Can't wait to finally try Makeup Geek. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    My Makeup Geek order arrived. It took 12 days from the time I placed the order till I got it for it to arrive. Not bad shipping time. They were also very nice to send me an extra 9 well palette which I thought I qualified for since I bought 18 eyeshadows but apparently the combos don't count towards a 9 well palette but they were gracious enough to send me one regardless. 

I haven't tried out the foiled eyeshadows but they are so soft and buttery in the pan.
Macs
5351 posts
Hey that’s so cool .

I love make up geek. I cried when my foiled shade Secret Garden was smashed. It’s a bright Shimmery Teal . One of my most asked about shades. I’d love to make an order in the near future specially for the foiled shades. 

Sounds like you got got some good options for matte shades.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I have 

- Beaches and Cream
- Peach Smoothie
- Buff
- Creme Brulee
- Sora
- Frappe
- Chikadee
- Desert Sands
- Preppy

all in one small Z-palette it's the most boring looking palette in my collection (a bunch of beige and orangey beige and basic brown with each shade only looking slightly different than the one before) but I know it's going to get a heap of use since it's all shades I can use for my base and transition.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!