Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Waterproof mascara

17 posts, 12 members
I'm not usually a waterproof mascara person  but I find it really useful for specific times, like funerals, or when you suspect you might get rained on!

What are your fave waterproof mascaras? I'm looking for my holy grail! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
My top 3 favourites are Urban Decay Perversion, Benefit Roller Lash and Eye of Horus Goddess. I actually am not sure if they are all waterproof but I have never had any issues and I pretty much always opt for waterproof mascaras.
Awesome, thanks. I'll definitely check them out! Might try Eye of Horus first... 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I second UD perversion and RollerLash. Haven’t tried goddess but mostly because I only buy mascara minis and bin them after three months
Macs
5351 posts
I’m loving Eye of Horus at the moment. I’ve never considered waterproof mascara but lately I need it . I’m always stuck in the rain because parking at work sux . It’s so far away lol
@trudijoy that's a good idea about minis. Maybe I should look into that... Where do you buy them? 
@Macs I hear ya. I'm too nervous to wear my regular mascara at work in case I get caught in the rain because the loo doesn't have a mirror so I wouldn't be able to tidy myself up! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Mecca Maxima have a good range of minis. Benefit are available in minis at Life Pharmacy or Sephora too. 

I dont have to worry too much about range but either of those survives tears and/or days that last 15 plus hours, flights etc 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mecca is good for minis. That’s what I usually buy now too. 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I buy minis too these days. It hurts less to throw them out when they not still half full. Though the last waterproof mascara I had was a Maybelline one.
siouxsannah
261 posts
You can also buy Benefit Rollerlash minis online at Farmers. It is not waterproof, but I find that it never runs or smudges at all, but it is a lot easier to remove than waterproof mascara at the end of the day.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I'm really liking the Nude By Nature mascara. So nice and doesn't irritate me. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I have tried different kinds of waterproof mascara but honestly in the end the only thing that would stay smudge proof all day was a tubing mascara. It won't give you alot of volume and length but it's good for staying put. I sometimes layered it over another mascara to keep it from smudging. I did does change the formula of the tubing mascara over time but at least it doesn't smudge after a couple hours.
Sophia
203 posts
Wet n wild waterproof mascara in the purple tube doesn't budge.
Also the Essence range - anything that says it's waterproof needs an oilbased cleaner to remove it.
Both at Farmers and some Countdowns have the W n W too.
Almost all the mascaras I use are waterproof and have to survive sweaty exercise sessions straight after work.
Sonnies
137 posts
I use a stilla one thats really nice 
Thanks everyone, so many good options there!
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Waterproof wise I enjoy the Essence Lash Princess. Other than that I love CoverGirl exhibitionist and Benefit Rollerlash

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!