Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Matching eyes to my outfit

5 posts, 3 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hi ladies
I am doing my maternity shoot next weekend.  I have a burgandy lace dress and am wondering what colours you would recommend for my eye makeup?  I am going to have a play around this weekend.  I have blue eyes and black hair if that matters :-) Any suggestions much appreciated.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh my heart that sounds beautiful, lisa!! 

i myself would go for browny/nudey eyeshadows, and a soft mauve? Kinda lip but that is me, only cos id want to look more natural (i never did a shoot other than my bathroom mirror hahahaha)

i cant recommend much else cos i dont remember the last time i even wore a full face! 

I hope the weather plays nice for you, beautiful gal <3
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks Shaz, I will try that out :-) I hadn't planned on doing a shoot but my partners sister is a photographer so she offered and I thought that would be pretty cool.
Haha yea fingers crossed the weather is good and I don't have to postpone again because I am getting puffed and would rather not be too huge and uncomfortable lol.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
A silvery grey eyeshadow with a darker grey in the crease and outer corner looks stunning on blue eyes in photos.  Browns can work, too, just make sure they're warm toned to make your eyes pop.

Stay away from any blue or green makeup in photos - somehow, it drains all colour from the skin. Avoid pink or pinky tones on blue eyes (can make it look like you've got puffy eyes or been crying).  And don't forget to check your face powder ... if it contains titanium dioxide, you might get white flashback if a flash is used. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks for all the advice Silvene! That is a great help :-)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!