Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Longer Lashes

27 posts, 21 members
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I've medium length lashes and I really want mine to grow a bit longer. I don't want to spend heaps on an expensive growth serum. 

Wondering if there are any home remedies or tricks that you lovelies have tried? I'm currently brushing on virgin olive oil at night with a clean mascara wand. Tried the lip and lash serum from oasis but it didn't seem to do much lengthening. 

Also I read online that if you trim your lashes they'll grow back thicker and longer but there are mixed results with that. Has anyone tried this?
tannygirl
3392 posts
  My sister who has beautiful long lashes says she rubs some oil on hers and trims them and grow back nicely. I think in that case it's more of they're stronger and condition so they are better able to handle the mechanical tension of dealing with being coated in mascara and then having it wiped off and tugged at the end of the day. She also doesn't use eyelash curlers as much.
   Her theory is that your eyelashes are hair that needs care and the ends are really light and they have had to handle more stress than the roots since they have been dealing with mascara for longer than the base of the eyelash. Trimming it means the damaged weak tip is gone and the eyelash is trimmed at a thicker point so it appears thicker and used in conjunction with an oil to moisturize her lashes are stronger and stay on for a bit longer allowing them to grow a bit longer before the lash cycle ends and are replaced.
   It does make sense in a way but I think it's also largely due to genetics her hair on her head grows faster than mine and she was blessed with thicker, longer lashes than me to begin with whereas my nails grow stronger and longer than hers. I don't think moisturizing your lashes will hurt. It may or may not make your lashes grow longer but it will strengthen better to stand the daily rigours of mascara and taking it off. I would recommend checking that your mascara is one that you can easily take off for starters and possibly cut down on using a lash curler.  I hope this was helpful.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Thanks tannygirl! I do indeed use a lash curler quite a lot because my lashes are straight and pretty much invisible if you don't curl them. Reading your reply I was going oh no oh no what if the lash curler is actually too much stress on my lashes? I'll leave them as they are for a month of no curling and see if they grow!
RachLouise
218 posts
The lips and lashes worked for me. You could try coconut oil? I have heard it works wonders xx
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Is the lips and lashes product from Oasis? My bottom eyelashes are long, but my top ones are just average, so would love to make them a little longer!! Might have to trythe coconut oil aswell!! 
RachLouise
218 posts
Yip Lips and Lashes by Oasis. I swear by it, My lashes are now longer and stronger. I used it consistantly and it worked well.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
How long did you use it for? I tried it for about a fortnight cos the sample lasted me that long and I put some on everyday. Maybe it takes a long time?
Stelle90
120 posts
Castor oil and coconut oil are great for making your lashes grow longer and stronger. I massage oil into mine every morning and night and it has worked wonders. My lashes used to be quite short and now they're a lot longer.. Especially the lower lashes! 
kirstysays
762 posts
Coconut oil...love the stuff so great for so many things including nourishing lashes.
Kia
550 posts
The oasis stuff sadly didn't work for me. It actually burnt my eyes. So sad, cause I really want long lashes. I've tried everything, and I'm just going to settle in with some extensions, but if any one has any suggestions that truley work, save me some money and tell me your secrets! 
skingeek
537 posts
honestly? Flash. I had to use it consistently for three months before I noticed a change, but I started seeing random long ones, then all of a sudden I have the craziest long lashes! I gave long lashes naturally but now they're amazing. clients comment on them every day, asking where I got my extensions because they're so natural looking. do it!! Read my review on it xx
Kia
550 posts
Just read your review, and everyone elses's! Sounds like it is a miracle product! I will be on the hunt. thanks
skingeek
537 posts
You're welcome! $70ish from Farmers and life pharmacy.
MicheleC
419 posts
I've been using fLash on my eyebrows and it really works a treat. You have to be patient though and you might notice some itching if you decide to use it.
Iloveperfumes
132 posts
I swear by castor oil! Rub a tiny bit into my lashes and brows every night before bed and within a few weeks youwill have super long super dark lashes. I have always had long lashes but nowadays I seem to have grown an extra layer of them and people asking me about where they can get such natural looking falsies. They are all natural and I never wear falsies. Its all down to a $5 bottle of oil from the pharmacy and will last for years since you use so little!
Jesse
745 posts
I totally agree with fLash, I've been using it for 10 weeks and had such short, stubby lashes and the results are amazing.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I've heard castor oil is really good too - and Stelle90 and Plumpie have convinced me! I'm going to buy some and give it a go.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Pooh I've never heard of flash before! Think I'll give castor oil a go first to see if I can save me some money, don't want that wallet getting too depressed. 
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
ooo definitely want to give castor oil a try but quick question, where can you get it? I've never seen castor oil before. :)
notjaya
62 posts
Shea butter is remarkable. I happened upon it accidently. I was experimenting with using shea butter on my face and also on the eyes. The huge thing I noticed was my lashes seemed to grow longer!
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
Flash is amazing it lasts it works sometimes farmers have buy one get one half price it's really really great  I love my lashes and my eyebrows have thickened up it took3 weeks till my lashes started to look good, people comment on and I don't have to put too much mascara on. From stumpy to full lashes 
I used a harsh mascara which ended up making my lashes thin out. I have very long lashes naturally so it was very sad. I ended up just using a clean mascara wand, dipping it into extra virgin coconut oil and applying it to my lashes every night. It honestly made such a difference. My lashes grew longer and thicker and much softer! I dont use it every day now that my lashes gre back but whenever ive had to wear makeup a lot for work or something and my lashes are feeling a bit dry, i will use the coconut oil on them which makes me feel hydrated and soft again!
Geo
31 posts
Popped into this thread just to check it out.. looks like I might be getting some Flash!  So sick of short eyelashes haha.  Great tip!
StayClassy-xo
240 posts
Have bookmarked fLash - I've been interested in LiLash and LiBrow but this one's a bit cheaper, and by what you other ladies have been saying it also works well on brows!  Castor and coconut oil have officially been added to my shopping list first though to give them a try :) thanks for all the great advice guys.
JessB
219 posts
I've read multiple people on BR using castor oil, coconut oil or bio oil. 
I'm not sure which would be more effective, but it is something I'm planning on trying because I've reacted to serums and mascara before. 
Neddy
11 posts
Hi,

I have used alot of lash serums some have worked and some have not! I personally think you need to spend a bit of money on one to get really fast results, starting in two weeks. I often go through phases of having eyelash extensions for like 6 months then I need to repair the damage. So most recently I had extensions for 6 months and they totallt wrecked my natural ones they were so stumpy. I usually used Revitalash which was amazing but I changed to a cheaper one to see if would work, which it didnt. Both my friend and I tried it together and had no results. We both decided to us LILash which is so awesome my lashes are way more lush now and got the curl back. Started seeing results real fast but you do pay for that priveledge. I hear castor oil on your lash line really works if you want something natural and cheap. A lot of you tubers swear by it even on their head hair so maybe give it a go! Good luck.
Tattooprincess
68 posts
I've been considering using a serum, such as fLash - but it's the ongoing cost - do you need to use it continuously? I've got some coconut oil, so might give that a go before splashing out on a serum. Thanks for the tips ladies

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!