Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

I've been crying for days... not.

11 posts, 9 members
StephM
14 posts
I have brown eyes and love the look of pinky and crimsony colours on models in the mags (The Huda Beauty Textured Palette in Rose Gold is to die for).
But whenever I try out anything remotely pink I just look like I've been bawling my eyes out for days!
How can I pull this look off without looking  like a tired saddo??
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Oh I've had this same problem when I was given an eyeshadow palette and there was a bright pink in it, but every time I wore it on it's own it looked like I had a swollen, eye infection. 
    I can wear other shades of pink though. Would going for a more shimmery or mettallic or glittery finish work? Or maybe wear a brown or purple with a pink undertone?
StephM
14 posts
I've been a bit scared to go back to the pink but that's a good idea, I'll have to try a few more shades and finishes and see if I can find THE ONE! I really do have pink FOMO!

RamblingRose
1280 posts
I have blue eyes, so wearing pink eyeshadow makes my eyes look puffy and sore, but after years of experienting, I found a way around it.

If I put the pink eyeshadow on my eyelid and use a brown (or grey) eyeshadow in the crease, and a black, brown or grey eyeliner along my upper lash line, it kind of breaks up the pink and doesn't look like I've been crying or have puffy, infected eyes.  

It might work for you, too, just experiement a little ... there's a really old pic on the photowall that I took about 5 years ago, during my pink eyeshadow experimentation phase.
Macs
5351 posts
Hi there , You could do the colour in small doses. Colour  under the bottom lash line or inner lid smoked outer v with dark brown. I often experiment with color at home and walk around home with it on. Building the confidence before stepping out in it. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I have quite dark eyes so when using pink I usually use a dark shade in my crease or outer v crease. Even try a darker shade on the lower part of your eye to smoke it out.
StephM
14 posts
These are all such great ideas! As a newbie to the forums, I'm getting heaps of good tips from you guys! :)
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Argh I have the same problem! It doens't look so much like I've been crying, but it looks like I've had way too much to drink or something, like my eye area is very flushed but then the rest of my face is normal. I've turned toward more apricot or orange toned pinks, as they seem to work better for me.
trudijoy
8375 posts
pink works great with teal, gold, purple, blue etc.... try it as a feature colour in a look rather than the look itself :)
MissQT
1547 posts
Silvene that's a really pretty look!
Well done on being brave enough to try it. I'm too scared to even experiment with pink or red shades for that reason. Once I even got rid of a brown and gold shadow palette because I got asked if I had a bruised eye! Honestly, men!!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!