Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How Many of Your Makeup Palettes are Limited Edition?

16 posts, 8 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I was going through my rapidly overcrowded drawer with my makeup (I'm like playing tetris everytime I put things away) and I noticed that half of my palettes were limited edition. 

I have 12 palettes (17 if you count the duos, trios and quad). And I realized that the 8 of the 17 are limited edition palettes. 2 of them have limited edition shades and 5 of them have permanent shades in limited edition sizing (mini sizes, oh I love mini sizes) and 1 I'm not sure about I bought it second hand but I can't find it on the website so I think it's limited edition. 

What about you are you a major collector of limited edition palettes?

trudijoy
8375 posts
I just buy things I like, whether they’re LE or not is incidental.

I think the only LE palettes I have are KVD Metal Matte and UD Kaleidoscope Dream, both of which I bought for the colours.

I’m not a huge palette person though, really only have half a dozen eye ones and one lip one
tannygirl
3392 posts
   That's a good thing Trudi I get chronic palette fever and heart eyes for more palettes which I have to talk myself out of kinda difficult when it's limited edition.
tabucutie
1811 posts
That is an epic collection. I only have 3 pallettes and I think that is too many for me. There is only one other palette I'd really like. I just haven't got round to buying it yet.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I have....wait for it....none! Haha I am not into paletttes at all. I'd rather buy handbags :-)
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I know I have more than enough eyeshadow palettes to last me more than 50 years. I was so proud of myself for completely using up an eyeshadow single earlier this year. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
so many palettes are so similar. I was a bit horrified by the recent BR article about the 'top ten palettes' and most of them looked the same. I know there will have been mattes and shimmers and things in there but I was like...... would NOT buy any of those.

LE is only worth it if you will use it IMO... and palettes are only worthwhile if it works out cheaper that way than buying the shadows you would use.

The Metal Matte palette I actually LOVE but probably, in hindsight, given how often i use it, didn't NEED. The UD one I use constantly and I use enough of the shades that the price works out a bargain, esp as I only paid $19.50 USD for it, (and it's about $70 here)
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I agree I often look at a palette and check how many of the shadows or face products I'm actually drawn too. I do happen to have 8 eyeshadow palettes and 1 all in one palette with eyeshadows and complexion products. The other 8 palettes are complexion products. 

I don't have very many fullsizes of blush, bronzer and highlighter most of what I have is mini sizes or in a palette. But honestly I'd rather have it in smaller sizes and have more variety. I recently had to talk myself out of major bronzer purchase and caculated that I have over 10g of bronzer that was cool toned enough to use a contour powder split amongst my palettes and deluxe singles.
tannygirl
3392 posts
     That was a very good lucky steal Trudi. Definitely value for money since it gets used everyday. I saw that one and wasn't drawn to the shades since I prefer different shades of brown to purple matte shadows with some gold. Sometimes I do a drop liner with my colorful EOH pencils. 

I'm more into a bright lip than a bright eye look, probably because I don't think my eyes are my best feature. But if I did have your eyes I would be dressing them up in color, shimmer and metalic sheen. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
@Lisa-Lou: No palettes, good on you. Naturally I have to ask then, how many handbags do you have?
alikat
423 posts
I dont think many of my palettes are LE. I do have two Hourglass ones - a Nordstrom exclusive edition one and another was a Christmas Holiday palette that was LE, but then they released all the blushes as permanent and available individually.

Theres an ABH Glow Kit palette that I havent seen for sale since so I guess its LE, but it'll take me forever to get through all four highlights! And I have a Tarte Energy Noir palette with eyeshadows, blush and highlight, but that was a gift and I keep it for the rare occasion I want a purple eyeshadow look.

(And I'd rather have handbags....)
lisaflow
9 posts
I never buy LE palettes for myself, but my friends usually give me it on birthday or Christmas, so I have few
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I think I've only got 1 limited edition one: the Lorac Mint edition palette. I'm not really that into limited edition eyeshadow, since I can't really try it out in store and there usually aren't heaps of reviews on it when they first come out. I'm the type that likes to guarantee I'll like something before I buy it, especially a big buy like an eyeshadow palette.
Julieal
915 posts
I don't buy palettes in make up as I find I waste most - If I was younger I would probably be more adventuresome
tannygirl
3392 posts
     I now have two more limited edition palettes. The Becca Chrissy palette (had to have it since I have that tanned skin and I knew it would suit me) and the Becca Blushed with Light since I love Becca blushes. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Still no more palettes. Though I did pick up a Bourjois purple palette as it was on sale then put it down again. Proud I didn't buy it lol.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!