Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Help me tame my Over curled eyelashes

8 posts, 8 members
Hailz
4 posts
I naturally have extremely curly eyelashes which can be a blessing at times - I have never had the need for an eyelash curler or curling mascara. However my eyelashes at the outer corners of my eyes are so curly the curl right over and touch my eyelash line again making them look a little odd and hard to apply mascara. I desperately want to get them aligned to the rest of my lashes so they all curl the same way! Chatting with my friends and google searches haven't returned much at all. 

Has as anyone ever had this issue? I would love your advice on how to tame them! Xo 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I have really straight, thin sparse lashes so you're very lucky to have lovely curled lashes. I've heard that some mascaras namely waterproof, oil based mascaras hold a curl better because they're lighter, than a non waterproof. If any of your friends say they curl their lashes and a certain mascare doesn't help hold the curl maybe give it a shot. The other idea would be to look at the wand of your mascara some wands promote the curl others not so much. I'm not an expert but it's just an idea.
SandieNZ
424 posts
Not sure if this would work or not, but what's if you got your lashes permed? It might work the opposite way and rather than curling straight lashes, it might help lessen the curl on your lashes?
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
 One of my friends has curly eyelashes she uses mascara and only puts it on the top of her lashes, the eyebrow side only and just strokes it down and that straightens them a bit she also trims them and you wouldn't know she has really long curly lashes it's worth a try hers look fab x
Lutece
1849 posts
I have never heard of this issue before as i have the opposite problem, have you tried applying mascara with the tip and brushing your eyelashes indivually so they curl together instead of apart? 
Macs
5351 posts
I've never heard of anyone having a problem before .You could try using a mini hair straightner to straighten the ends off or try super hold gel to straighten them out.
jaybeejack
116 posts
I used to get eyelashes which would go all sorts of directions so I used to get them tinted. The beautician would apply the tint and comb them all in the same direction. After tinting they all would lie the same way. It was kind of like a perm in reverse.

Actually I used to know someone with ultra unruly curly hair and she would get their hair 'permed' (perming solution run through her hair with a comb, not in rollers to make the curl drop and straighten it out). I assume you could do the same with eyelashes??
Taraw
1 posts
Hey there I have the exact same problem! Did you ever work out a suitable fix? :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!