Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Feathering liquid eyeliner

7 posts, 6 members
RamblingRose
1280 posts
You know how some red or bold lipsticks sometimes feather and "bleed" into the fines lines around the lips (this is why we use lip pencil, to stop this happening). Well, I have an issue with a certain brand of liquid eyeliner pen and end up with it feathering up onto my eyeshadow in the inner corner of my left eye every time I use it. 

The weird thing is that it only happens on my left eye!  I don't know how to stop it from happening and it only occurs directly after application.  Once the liner is dry, it doesn't budge for the rest of the day. I use an eyelid primer and apply the eyeliner the same way on both eyes and at the moment, the only way for me to fix it is to cover up the feathering with a little more eyeshadow or to remove it with Micellar water and then touch up my eyeshadow, if it's really bad.

Does this only happen to me or has anyone else experienced this? If so, what do you do to fix or stop it?   

Macs
5351 posts
Yes I've noticed feathering in m lines as well. I try and clean the line with Micellar water.I restart with a black gel pencil as a base then liquid line over the top. Would love to hear how others over come it. Tried to hide it with concealer once turned into a blurry mess lol 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
That is so odd! Especially when you have primer on, which was my first thought. Does it happen with other products?
RamblingRose
1280 posts
No, it only happens with this one particular brand of liquid eyeliner pen.  I have a different brand's liquid eyeliner pen in midnight blue and it works fine with no feathering and I've used other brands in the past, with no issues.

It's just really frustrating as the one that feathers was quite expensive and is a brand that is often raved about. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I have one eye that needs inner corner touch ups with otherwise fine products. Just something about the skin there in my case
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I have two liquid eyeliners and find my not so expensive one feathers compared to my more expensive one......I think it's honestly another product you have to search high and low for, one that'll work best for you :)
JessB
219 posts
Surprised that it still happens after applying primer! Had thought it might be an oily patch of skin given it only happens on one eye. Maybe you could try putting down a thinner line, letting it dry, and then going over it to make the shape you want. Perhaps then it won't bleed when it's on top of itself? 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!