Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Favorite part makeup application? Least favorite?

22 posts, 15 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
     I really have been getting into blush, bronzer and highlighter of late. I would say my fave part of doing my makeup has been blush. I have been really into it lately, unsurprisingly my collection of blushes has increased ten fold or more. Blush has been one of the only parts of doing my makeup that I have consistently gotten right, the soft brush I use to apply it is theraputic and for the ammount of time it takes to apply it. It makes a huge impact on my overall makeup look. 

My least fave part of doing my makeup is doing my winged liner. On occassion I have good eyeliner day where it's been less of a struggle and I don't really need to do much correcting or it's been really easy to correct the line to where I don't need to use a cotton bud and micellar water to erase part of the line.

I've been doing winged liner almost everytime I do my makeup for three years (sadly it's the thing that works the best to bring out my eyes). I have the dilema where I'm working with four eye shapes since my eyes are different when closed versus open. I don't like to use tape so I use a felt tip pen eyeliner and free hand it. If I had more eyelid then I would have good winged liner almost everytime.

So what is your fave part of makeup and your least?

trudijoy
8375 posts
i love doing illuminating primer and eye makeup, eye makeup because my eyes are my fave part of my face and i love watching them start to pop, and illuminating primer coz it's pretty and smells nice. I also LOVE my GlamGlow setting mist for the same reason.

I don't really HAVE a least fave part but I hate having long eyelashes and applying mascara then blinking and having to clean my face of wee spider tracks without ruining the rest
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I wish the long lashes were my problem! I have really short, sparse to non-existent lashes from years of trich. Unfortunately, my eyes aren't my best feature.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Probably mascara is my least favourite because it's the bit I'm most likely to stuff up and I enjoy experimenting with eye shadow the most. But I find the whole make up process really relaxing.
tannygirl
3392 posts
      I also derive quite a lot of satisfaction applying my lippy at the end because it's the final touch to pull the whole look together. I tend to do my face from top to bottom.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Highlighter is also fun to apply. The brush is soft and it's the finishing touch on my cheeks plus hightlighters are so pretty and fun to collect.
Julieal
915 posts
I love mascara as it makes my eyes look better -As I have small eyes I need something to help -I hate applying eyeliner as I am not good at it but it does help the overall look.
tannygirl
3392 posts
     I enjoy bronzer not the contour type of bronzer, well I don't mind it but it's not as fun as all over bronzing with a big fluffy brush. Plus contour takes more effort to get both sides right especially one cheek needs more help.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
My favourite part would be eyeshadow, and playing around with different colour combos on my eyes. 

Least favourite is eyeliner ... all it takes is one small mistake and the whole look is ruined!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@Tannygirl, have you tried the bobby pin hack for winged eyeliner? I have tried it, and it does make winged eyeliner a lot easier.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I wear minimal makeup but I enjoy applying mascara. Least favourite would be eyeliner as it takes me so long.
MareeB
5241 posts
I'm not in love with applying anything really, but probably the easiestpart is mineral powder. I always wear eyeliner but feel like others, that its easy to make a mistake then have difficulty removing it and starting again. It's nice putting on concealer and CC cream and seeing the icky bits disappear.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I haven't tried out the bobby pin hack yet. I'm not sure how it would work with my eye shape and size but it's worth a try.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Probably applying lipstick is my least favourite as I just can't seem to get it to go on very well especially if it is say a red. Drives me bonkers. 

Love applying eyeliner or mascara though.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Mumof3Munchkins I find that I can get a nicer, sharper line using a lip brush versus using a bullet. I did have a hard time applying liquid lipstick initially but if I can't get the line right then I just use lip brush and another lip brush or concealer brush to correct the mistakes. 

If you have the Realtechnique Core Collection the detailer brush doubles as a lip brush. Otherwise, if you have one of those eye liner brushes that you never use because you use a felt tip pen liquid liner then, those brushes are great for lining your lips with lipstick for a sharper line before you fill in your lips with the bullet. If you don't have either of those brushes then the Real techniques lip brush is pretty cheap on iherb.
Macs
5351 posts
My favourite part of make up application is eye shadow blending . I love transitioning shades together. Next is contouring I love blending out bronzer , blush and highlighter. 

My least favourite is liquid liquid eye liner. I never know how it’s going to turnout . 
lisaflow
9 posts
I like lipstick and eyeshadow the most.
And my least favorite part is a liner, I hate to use it, but my eyes look so good with it, so I always cry a lot and remake it a few times 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Mine would be mascara, the difference it makes is huge so it's super satisfying. Least favourite might be either eyeliner or concealer, because I'm quite a perfectionist but I find it so hard to get these two perfect.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Mascara and lip products. Cause I can do them well. Liner, base, bronzer and blush as I am never sure if it looks good enough. Eyeshadow in the middle, sometimes it looks great, other times not so much.
Nicola_yeah
15 posts
My favourite is doing my brows and eyeshadow. My least favourite is spending all that time on pretty eyeshadow then having the pressure of getting two perfect wings which look symmetrical enough without ruining all my hard work!!!
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Sometimes eye shadow is both my fav and least fav step. I love trying new looks and I often follow YouTube tutorials. Sometimes it gets frustrating trying to get it perfect but I love a good shimmer or glitter on the eyes. I have really gotten into blush though and very keen to give cream blushes a good go. I see the new Fenty ones are launching so may just have to ....
Ginger26
12 posts
My favorite is eye shadow and lipstick, my least favorite is brows and eyeliner

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!