Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

18 posts, 10 members
mallomiss
569 posts
So as anyone who has seen the photo wall in the last 24 hours, will know I got the Eve Lashes Subscription. 

Yesterday I managed to get one of the sets on... 

This morning - not successful at all! 

Lashes are something I have had very little practice with & I find it quite frustrating at times to try putting them on... 

Does anyone have any helpful tips to help me with application? 

Much appreciated xx
RamblingRose
1280 posts
After carefully removing the false lashes from the container, hold the lash up to your eye and measure the fit.  Trim any excess from the outer corner, if necessary.  Then apply a good quality eyelash adhesive (I prefer to use Duo Adhesive, available from MAC stores) and let the glue dry for 30 seconds before applying it to the skin directly above your lashline.  This allows the glue to become tacky and it will stick better.

I prefer to hold my lashes with tweezers and start applying the false lashes at the inner corner and work towards the outer corner, but this is just personal preference, as some people prefer to start in the middle and work out towards either side.  Experiment with whatever works best for you.

To make your false lashes last longer after wearing them, carefully peel them off at the end of the day or evening (start at the outer corner and peel inwards) and then gently pull off any glue that may still be stuck on the edge of the lashes before washing them lightly in warm, soapy water.  Leave them to air dry, before storing them on the plastic tray in the box they came in to retain their shape.

I hope this helps.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
So far I've been so unsuccessful with applying false lashes. I think I don't have great glue though. I also found trying to do it just with my fingers was impossible so I bought the curved tweezers you see makeup gurus use on you tube. I'm yet to try these out. I hope you get some helpful tips and manage to ace them every time. Gets some cheap ones and practice heaps! :)
Rajvee2588
221 posts
I didn't try to wear false lashes but thinking to get manicure natural one. I need good tips too before I buy it. 

I feel so scared to wear  false lashes. If it get off in public that thought stop me to buy one.

how does long last lashes? Can I wear whole day?
after one use can I use it again?

Macs
5351 posts
I was given some pairs and I keep forgetting to buy some adhesive. I'll be watching for tips because I have no idea how to apply them at all.
2lilmnkys
106 posts
I used to wear lashes about two years back. I was quite good at putting it on (if I do say so myself) but when I ran out of lashes I found that I had forgotten how to put them on after these past years.. I used cala lashes from the dollar store and duo lash glue. Rajvee it lasts more than 6 hours if put on properly. The best tip that I can say is that wait for the glue to get tacky before applying otherwise you will have the lash sliding all over your eyelids. I have acquired quite alot of lashes but Im afraid to damage them so they are just sitting pretty in the draw :(
mallomiss
569 posts
Thanks Silvene! 

The tip on letting the glue go tacky first will help! I've been going straight in! explains a lot haha

I need to find these tweezers as I only have normal pointed ones & they're a bit difficult to use on the lashes. 
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Only up to 6 hours then I have to think about it 1lilmnky. I need more than 8 hours...lol
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Glad I could help, mallomiss.  I use ordinary tweezers, not curved ones, I just grab the lashes in the tweezers towards the outside half of the lashes, so that I'm holding the tweezers horizontally next to my eye when applying the lash (I hope that makes sense) so that I can still see what I'm doing, then once the inner half is stuck, I release the outer corner from the tweezers, position & stick it down with my fingers.

@Ravjee, I use Duo Adhesive and have worn false lashes from 7am to 11pm without any problems.  Removed the lashes, cleaned them and rinsed them and worn them again the next day without any hassles.  The only time I've had lashes pop off during the day was when I bought cheap false eyelashes from a store similar to Dollar Stores.  They were made of a stiff plastic and had a wide base band that didn't easily conform to the natural shape of my eye and just kept lifting all day, no matter what glue I used.  

Tip:  If you're buying false eyelashes for the first time, look out for ones that have really thin, flexible looking bands where the lashes are attached.  The thinner the band, the more comfortable they are to wear and there's less risk of having them pop off!

Apply your eye make-up first (eyeshadow and eyeliner but no mascara) and then apply the false lashes.  Once the lashes are on an the glue is dry, go over the band of the lashes with a liquid or pencil eyeliner.  This will help to hide any excess glue and blend the lash band into your make-up.  Then add a flick of mascara to your natural lashes (this is optional), this will help blend your lashes into the falsies.  

MissQT
1547 posts
thanks for those great tips Silvene. I've never worn false eyelashes before.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Wow Silvene those tips are awesome!! If I ever falsies to wear I'll be sure to hunt this thread down. 

No advice from me but I would love pics of the lashes on! :-D 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've just uploaded a pic to the photo wall of a pair of feathered false lashes that I wore to a dress up circus event in South Africa a few years ago.  Here's a link to the pic.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Awesome pic. And I will keep these tips in mind for when I get around to finally trying false lashes.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Thanks for all answer silvene. Good tips.
do have any recommendations falshe lashes brands for beginners?
2lilmnkys
106 posts
I agree with you Silvene. Dollar shop ones dont stay on for long but I guess its good for practise and getting used to wearing them.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
If you're just wanting false lashes to practice with, then ones from the dollar shops are fine.  They won't be very comfortable to wear for long periods of time, as the bands will be thicker, but as 1lilmnky said, they're good to practice with, just to get the feel of putting them on and taking them off.  Being a bit thicker, they won't fall apart as quickly if they're handled a bit roughly in the beginning.

I have used a few brands in the past but seem to always go back to Eylure's lashes.  I find them the most comfortable to wear and they don't pop off easily.  If you can find them, #020 are the most natural looking.  They just add volume and a little extra length without being too obvious.  I only have one pair of Manicare Glam Eyes false lashes but they also have a nice, thin lash band and are comfortable to wear.

Definitely get a tube of Duo Adhesive though.  The glue that comes in the box with the lashes does work, but its not very reliable (it's okay to use when you're practicing at home, but I've had it fail on me with a full days wear).
shazatron101
5112 posts
Your pic on insty looks awesome Mallomiss! you rock those lashes! :-) 
chantmarks
15 posts
I also had my false eyelashes applied by my hair stylist. I can't make it done perfectly. Perhaps, you could try to use google for a simple tutorial. I read that most use a lash glue.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!