Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Eyeshadow palettes

38 posts, 22 members
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
For those who own eyeshadow palettes what ONE is your ultimate fave, the one that never fails you, the one you seem to grab for everytime?!
For me it's my w7 eyeshadow palette in the buff nudes. Nothing fancy but it never let's me down.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Right now it's my Urban Decay Shadowbox but I just got 3 new ones so we'll see haha
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I haven't tried Urban Decay before but their eyeshadows look so so so good. What new ones did you purchase?
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I saw them on the phot wall! Duh Amy lol the chi chi and Zovea palettes yes? Have you had a play with them yet?
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I love my eyeshadow palettes and I just added two more to the collection. I think my favourite would have to be the Lorac Pro Palette, I just find it so easy to create quick looks in the morning using it. The Too Faced Choc Bar palette is close behind
chikoboo
3402 posts
My babies are my palettes =) however my self created Makeup Geek Z Palette is one of my most treasured items, doesn't work out too expensive and it has all the colours in finishes that I can create for weeks with, so if you are on the fence about which palette why not hop onto their site (you can use paypal to pay and they ship directly to NZ) and make your own =)

If forced to commit to a self made off the shelf type of palette it would have to be Lorac Pro palette, it even surpasses Too Faced chocolate bar (which is a feat!) find that it has the perfect combination of creamy shadow that blends beautifully without being too pigmented that it goes blotchy or too heavy, but allows you to build it up for impact so you can use it for day or night looks, has shimmers and mattes so you can create a multitude of looks.  Its a serious palette in my opinion.
Rezee
1964 posts
I like to rotate through all my palettes,  right now I'm using the semi sweet palette and am loving it. Maybe my ultimate favorite would be the original chocolate bar? I've figured out that I love a matte peach shade and need that palette has the perfect one. It also has a beautiful gold and a whole range of other neutrals. Too faced know how to make good shadows. It would be my most used palette too, I've hit pan in two shades and have decent dips in others.
trudijoy
8375 posts
thats them Amy! I have another Chichi one and I really like it, so when they had 2 for $21 I needed to break my 'one new palette' rule haha. Haven't tried any of them yet though - my wee thing when I travel is that I generally try to hold off on using my pretty new things until I'm back home. I broke that for the UD spray though, needed it for the red carpet awards on Mon and will need it for the cocktail party (at parliament house, argh scary) tonight.

I'm also still very very tempted to get UD Alice through the Looking Glass when it's officially released here later this month. i won't be able to personally go in to MM and buy it but my friend said she would
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have the Too Faced Chocolate bar palette and I love it. I'm not a huge eye shadow wearer but thanks to Idomakeup and her easy as heck to follow tutorials I now have a few up 'looks' up my sleeve if I ever feel like gettin' fancy. Only problem is that I have no idea of anyone who ships Too Faced to NZ anymore :< 

Good luck in your hunting lovely x
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've been on a major make-up spring clean and haven't bought anything in ages.  I'm determined to use up (or throw away, if expired) what I have before buying anything new and I found my NYX The Runway Collection Caviar & Bubbles palette that I completely forgot I had!  I've fallen in love with this palette all over again ... unfortunately, when I do finish it I won't be able to replace it.  The Caviar & Bubbles palette has been discontinued, although the new NYX Love In Paris Collection Palettes look gorgeous, too.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
That palette is gorgeous Silvene! I have the Lorac pocket pro which I love and is perfect for me as someone who does their makeup at the gym or work. I love the look of the fullsize Lorac pro though!
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Eyeshadow palettes are my weakness lol. I love them so much and don't reeeally have a staple but I think probably my favourite palette in general is my Lorac Mega Pro as it has beautiful neutrals as well as pops of colour.
Artemis
311 posts
Up until I won a Nutrimetics Neutral palette, all my shadows had to be bold, bright, or just dramatic/out there...not a single brown or neutral in the bunch! I couldn't understand the hype about nude palettes at all. Then I gave it a try, and WOW. Instantly converted. I use it regularly now, so much quicker and easier to use than my loose shadows, matches any outfit or lipstick so easy to slap on some makeup on the go. The only shade I'm not into is the dark blue one, just doesn't suit me or apply very well, the other colours are all great even the mattes which Im not usually into.
mallomiss
569 posts
I am in LOVE with the Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Palette.. This is the first larger palette I've had & I don't use anything else now haha - I keep thinking 'I'll use my XYZ Trio today or go for brights from my Banshee Candy Box' but I keep picking up Semi Sweet.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i've been tempted by that one in Mecca Maxima SO many times!
Macs
5351 posts
Im loving my Smashbox Double Expose and Too Faced Chocolate Bar. I need to buy more make up geek shadows to put in my Shadow vault pallette. Im thinking of getting rid of my single shadows now and just using these. 
Chaotic82
522 posts
My Too Faced Palettes get the most use - I have Chocolate Bar, Semi Sweet and Bon Bons.  Bon Bons is my favourite at the moment, but they are all awesome :D 
I also made my own palette by pressing some Shiro pigments, that gets a pretty good workout too :)
Lisa-
79 posts
Since I got it, the Tartelette in bloom palette has been the only one i've been using. It's so beautiful!
MareeB
5244 posts
I've just got a Designer Brands quad. It's as close to a palette as I'll ever need. Some of the other brands look gorgeous though, especially the too faced palettes.
Lutece
1849 posts
Ive been wanting to try the w7 palettes for so long!

My current favorite eyeshadow palette is the Urban decay Gwen stefani palette :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Chaotic where/how did you get the Bon Bons palette!?!? I "neeed" it but nobody ships to NZ anymore /cryface
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
There are soooo many beautiful palettes listed here. I'd definitely get a too faced one if they were easily avaliable to get for us kiwis.
I love love love love the look of makeup geek!
tannygirl
3392 posts
For eyes it's my KVD Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette. It's my first matte eyeshadow palette and it really makes a difference in comparison to the shimmer shades I used to wear on my lids. It's also the most and first really, really expensive palette I came to own. Plenty of product to last me for years. And I like how the base color shades are in bigger pans than the other colors.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Chi Chi palettes, can't pick one though. My favourite for their colours are the OMFG and the Sunset palettes. But having a palette like the Nudes one to blend out a colourful look or to create a more natural look is handy. And my default look would probably be a Smokeys look. I would really love a huge eyeshadow palette that has absolutely everything on it.
trudijoy
8375 posts
crystal i have the chichi smokeys palette and love it, so I just bought bases and taupes as well (2 for $21, how could i not!!)
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Everybody mentioning their favourite eyeshadow palettes but I couldn't  find my HG one. May be one day. Right now I am using chi chi nude palette but I am not 100% satisfy. Right now my eye on Morphe 35w and too face sweet peach and chocolate bar eyeshodow palettes.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Trudi, that is an amazing deal. I missed it, was it on their website?
And Rajvee don't give up just yet, they've also got naturals, the 3 matte ones and several other nude type ones each slightly different so there might be another one that is more suited to you.

trudijoy
8375 posts
Nah hon I'm in Australia this week; this was at target. 2 for $30 multipack with a 30% discount
butternutter
42 posts
The Zoeva nude spectrum palette is my go to now. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Naked and Too Faced palettes but this one has the absolute perfect every day matte neutrals and black for liner, as well as enough darker and shimmer shades for a more glam look.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I'm hoping to get my hands on the new Jeffree Star one, it's different to anything I own and think it'll take me right out of my comfort zone :)
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Me too Amy! I have set my alarm and everything haha, I want the highlighters as well, but considering I wouldn't really wear those very often and I have a million dollars worth of cheer expenses coming up, I'll be happy to just get the eyeshadow pallette, it is so gorgeous <3 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Hehe same! I have it set for 4:45am on the 26th here as we are a day ahead, I hope I have that right lol because I'm freaking out I'll miss it hahaha. It's soooo beautiful ae! Good luck I hope you manage to get your hands on it x
chikoboo
3402 posts
Thats good to know that I am not the only crazy makeup junkie that has her alarm set to get up for the 5am release of Jeffree Star skin frost highlighters, even though there is no mention that the Beauty Killer palette is going to be released at the same time, just the same date.  So fingers crossed they do both at 5am and not staggered over the day.   Was at the PC at 6am this morning getting the new Joeur mermaid collection.  My final splurge before I put the breaks on lol.  
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Hehehe nope looks like there are a couple of us! Sadly I won't be grabbing the eyeshadow palette as it's not being released at the same time as the highlights, would I be mad to get all four of them though?! Lol. I'll save some pennies and get the eyeshadow palette when it comes avaliable on the website I purchase from :)
Artemis
311 posts
The swatches of Jeffree Stars 'beauty Killer' palette look amazing, and I can't wait to see the highlighters
shazatron101
5112 posts
It looks goooorgeous Artemis! I would probably never wear any of the colors but I love how big the pans are, you wouldn't run out in a hurry!
Rajvee2588
221 posts
That eyeshodow pallete is really killers. Shaza I am same here. If i will buy than I 100% sure I wouldn't wear them.... Now a days I am going under very big dilemma between beauty Killarney, ABH pallete new one, and vielot voss pro pallete. I don't know what to do... I don't want spent too much money on every products
JessB
219 posts
My staple palate is the ModelsPrefer natural palate. It includes a very light powder which I find makes a good primer, and has everything set out in a logical order. Down one side is the lighter more work-ey style, and the right side leans more towards darker night yet still natural style. I just happened to find the palate at a pharmacy on massive sale one day and thought I'd give it a try, was actually surprised that BR doesn't include ModelsPrefer as one of the brands in the review directory. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!