Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Eyes wont pop!

11 posts, 6 members
Mandy17
25 posts
Hi Ladies,
Im having problems getting my eyeshadows to pop.
Im using Wet n Wild eye primer and used a white eyeshadow as a base but the colours are still not very pigmented. Infact the white eyeshadow made it worse as it just blended with the colour I was using.
I followed a make-up tutorial using a particular brand of eyeshadow  she used which I have, but the models eyeshadow looked very pigmented.
There was no mention of what she had prepped her eyes with, the video was just to demo a particular brand of eyeshadow.
So frustrating!
Any recommendations welcome 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Unfortunately, it will all depend on how pigmented the brand of eyeshadow you have is.  It can help using an eyelid primer (like NYX HD eye primer), but personally, I prefer to use a cream eyeshadow as a primer.  I find a light flesh-toned cream eyeshadow just helps my eyeshadows to look more pigmented, they also stay where I put them, and don't crease at all. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I use a white eyeliner. It makes the colour pop on my lash line and then it blends out above that. 
Mandy17
25 posts
Thanks Trudi,
I have seen this mentioned and have a white eyeliner but didnt use as thought it might make my eyes sore with the amount of pressure required to apply.?
I might give it a go though

trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh I don't use it on my whole lid just on the lashline. I use a softer one, wet and wild make a great one for like $3 but I'm currently using a Mecca one 
Mandy17
25 posts
Hi Silvene,

There was no reply button for your post.
Thanks for the tips.
I know some eyeshadows are more pigmented than others.
The video was for NATIO eyeshadow promoting a blusher to use as eyeshadow to get a specific look.
I followed their application using same products, the models look was very pigmented eyes but she must have prepped her eyes with something for it to be so pigmented.
Today I used another palette of theirs, (which is normally very pigmented), but after applying the primer then white eyeshadow as a base the colour just blended in with the white eyeshadow base.
Using the primer on its own doesn't give me the desired finish i.e like using concealer or foundation as a base.
Contradicting info if you google says not to use concealer or foundation as a base as your make-up will crease, yet others say use it

Mandy17
25 posts
Thanks Trudi
Ive read that people have applied white eyeliner to whole lid though but will try the lash line - the more tips the better.
Just trial and error I guess 
shazatron101
5112 posts
The makeup user could have also edited the video to make it more saturated/contrasted/brighter etc so the colors look brighter, so keep that in mind :)

Im sure your eye makeup looks awesome, just btw :) if you feel comfortable, put a pic on the wall! Im positive it looks gorgeous :D
trudijoy
8375 posts
Also I used to do a lot brighter eye makeup and the Too Faced shadow insurance and Urban decay primer  potion are both excellent. If you're anywhere near a Mecca pop in and ask for a sample.

also try dampening your brush very lightly with setting spray to get better colour pay off when you apply 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I agree with Shaz. As someone who teaches film making for a living, my first thought was that it will all be in the editing. Trudi has some great tips though. 
Ginger26
12 posts
Elf eyemakeup primer is a good eye shadow primer

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!