Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

24 posts, 17 members
MissQT
1547 posts
I need some recommendations for good eye brushes, specifically a nice fluffy brush for blending. I currently have the real techniques eye set but I feel like it's a bit harsh on my eyes. I might have a dud brush as my sister has one and hers is much softer. I've heard lots of great things about the Mac 217 brush, and I think sigma have a good one, but would like to know what are your favourites? Thanks!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I do agree the MAC 217 is fab. It is probably my most reached for brush (although the price is pretty high). I also like the Carousel Cosmetics brush set, very cheap ... I think I've done a review on here. They are definitely softer than my real technique ones. Also sigma brushes are pretty good as well (but I think you've already spotted my review on that one :) ). 

Also although I haven't tried them myself Zoeva brushes seem to get great reviews.
trudijoy
8375 posts
My fave fluffy eye brushes are e.l.f and Sephora. My fave firmer ones are Bossy mostly. I reckon you need to try the e.l.f ones!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Artiste have quite a good range and you can test how they feel at most Farmers.
chikoboo
3402 posts
For the eyes I love Sigma E40 and E45 they seem perfect for my eye shape to do multiple looks and application types. Highly recommended as are the Real Techniques bold metal eye brushes.
Arohas
77 posts
Hello. I love my zovea ones. They wash up really well. Nice and soft and seem to make shadow go to the perfect spots. Great for blending as well.
Macs
5351 posts
Im loving this one bdellium brush I was gifted. Man its blending out good. Been putting to use as well as my Brushes by Beauty Kiss brush by Hadyn this one brush I used today. Always go back to RT and Bossy for highlighting and blush.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I have my bossy set which I find too hard to use to blend colours but good when just applying one colour. I'm also looking for a new set. I have either Zovea or morphe brushes on my wishlist thay I'll save up for. Currently though I use a cameo and cala eye brushes. They are soft and amazing! One purchased from the warehouse the other from onceit :)
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I so want the MAC 217! I mostly use RT brushes and they work for me.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've tried many brands of brushes over the years and I love my Real Techniques set but my favourite eyeshadow blending brush is the e.l.f. Professional Blending Eye Brush that I bought from Kmart last year.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Useful thread. Because I am also looking eyeshodow blending brush. I bought RT starter kit but I am not happy for the result. Mac 217 very expensive. May be 48$ too much. But I want that brush or Zoeva brush. 
Kirstj you mention corousal eyeshodow brush and I read your review too. Before Mac I should try those brushes. What should you say?
Rezee
1964 posts
I so want either a sigma or mac blending brush. I think it's worth spending the extra amount since you'll use it all the time and it will last for a long time too. I do like the rt eye set but it is lacking in a proper blending brush.?I like the bdellium one I have although it's not the most softest one.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I would love to invest in a MAC217 too. I'm planning on it at some stage. I think $48 ish is worth it for something that you use everyday and will last if you take care of it.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I have been using the same Mac 217 and 213 brushes everyday for nearly eight years. I haven't looked after them particularly well but they haven't shed at all and clean up like new. They seemed expensive when I bought them but were definitely worth it. 
MissQT
1547 posts
thanks for all those great suggestions. The 217 brush us getting quite a few votes. Yes I did see your review Kirsty, I saw your review on the Mac 217 and found it interesting that you said the sigma e25 was very comparable.
Emily-jane
314 posts
I agree Mac brushes while expensive do usually last well if taken care of. Eight years is fantastic! I also have a few Carousel brushes highly recommend them too. 
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Soozie you have been using Mac brushes for 8 years, it's seem to long time. Then it's worth it have it and spend doller on them. They are on my Wishlist.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
MissQT what is your budget?? if its on splurge go the Mac, otherwise Farmers have a brush display that you can play with that has Artiste in there and maybe another brand as well. I have picked up the Natio brushes and like the foundation and eyeshadow brushes. Kmart has ELF if its not sold out like my local is most of the time.
MissQT
1547 posts
 I don't really have a budget, so if the 217 really is worth it then I'm prepared to invest in it. The thing is I don't wear eyeshadow often, but I do want a decent brush. I'm thinking either Mac 217, sigma or morphe as I've heard morphe brushes are quite good.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Actually I've had my 217 for over ten years so yes, I think it was worth it. 
Macs
5351 posts
Sounds like I need this 217 brush. I wear eye shadow almost daily . Can't seem to get the right blend happening in my crease. Add it to my wishlist.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I like Bossy for their pencil brush its nice & dense. RT are good quality & affordable & are great for my stage of makeup application I feel like they're great for the smokey eye look but hwne wanting more definition to your crease & the blending for me are still a hit n miss I have the set aswell as a blending brush I brought & the flat shading brush. My Morphe blending brush is ok & I too am on the hunt for a nicer blending brush I was going to go for Zoeva for affordability aswell as the reviews on that perticular brush my other choice was Shaaanxo brand I always hear about the Mac 217 so obviously it's the HG for blending. I hoe you do find the brush that'll serve the purpose of the ultimate blend :)
Rajvee2588
221 posts
i got Mac 217 eyeshodow brush..... I must suggest you go buy it. It is worth it money.
brush is so soft and light... I love it....
JessB
219 posts
I've found my e.l.f brushes do the best job compared to any others I've tried, with the added bonus of being inexpensive. One brush in particular has become my used-all-the-time, which has a soft blending brush on one end and a tilted/diagonally cut brush on the other which is great for creating lines and shading out from creases. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!