Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Any Recommendations For An Excellent Mascara for Your Bottom Lashes?

27 posts, 12 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good mascara for my thin, short bottom lashes. I'm interested in something that doesn't clump, smudge or flake and preferably has a smaller brush. I'm currently using the Origins Ginseng Mascara because I received it as a GWP in a mini but I find when I use it I end up with flakes and a some smudging within a few hours. So I'm on the hunt for a new mascara that will last the distance. I know Clinique had one but it was discontinued ages ago. Any suggestions?
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I find often mascara brushes aren't great on the lower lashes, so I'll sometimes use a seperate smaller brush instead of the one that comes with the mascara.
siouxsannah
261 posts
The only mascara I have ever tried that did not smudge on my lower lashes, or clump, was the Benefit Roller Lash mascara. And it comes in a mini!
Macs
5351 posts
I love using mini mascaras for my bottom lash line too . I I have a mini smashbox one that I love.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I'm currently using the Benefit Roller Lash in travel size. Its great.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I throw mascara out after three months so I usually use minis. My lower lashes are quite long (so are my upper ones actually) so the same mascara works for both. My faves are Urban Decay Perversion, and Rollerlash and Bad Gal lash, both Benefit. I picked up a mini of the new Benefit Bad Gal bang that will get opened when my 3 months end with the current one I’m using
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I just purchased the UD Perversion Trudi, am excited to try it.
trudijoy
8375 posts
its my current fave and has been for a couple of years Lisa, it's super good!
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Well, that's several recommendations for Benefit Roller Lash. Does it flake? 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I've never once had it flake Tannygirl. I've been using it the past few months and just finished it up, I rarely finish mascaras.
trudijoy
8375 posts
It’s never flaked on me either. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I’d recommend a tubing mascara (like Blinc), it’s water-resistant and creates little tubes on your lashes, so no clumping, smudging or flaking.

If you’ve never used a tubing mascara before, removal can be a little freaky as it looks like your eyelashes are falling out, but don’t worry, they’re not. The little mascara tubes just stay in one piece when they are removed from your lashes.  I’ll admit I got a huge fright the first time I used one, as I wasn’t expecting that. 
KiwiLass
174 posts
This thread made me order a Benefit roller lash mascara, despite having several mascaras in my drawer....I have no self-control (but mascara is my only must have makeup product....)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hope you love it as much as I do KiwiLass. My UD perversion arrived today, I also got Tarte Tartiest (your review convinced me Shaz) :-)
Can't wait to try them both.
trudijoy
8375 posts
woohoo! let me know if we have another perversion conversion :p
shazatron101
5112 posts
Bizarre, i thought i gave that mascara a terrible review hahahahahahaha welp there you go. Its really good though I do enjoy it. Between that and Maneater I have new faves :-D hope you like it lisa x
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I just discovered Pixi Beauty has a Lower Lash mascara which looks similar to the discontinued Clinique Bottom Lash mascara once applied. It does have a really tiny brush and it available on Cultbeauty for 12 pounds. I've been meaning to order from them so I might give that a go. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Trudi am loving the Perversion! I love how lightweight it is and doesn't clump. My lashes look so good. May have a new favourite :-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I need to try Perversion. I'm about to chuck my Too Faced BTS mini as I hate it. Doesn't matter what I do, it smudges after applying and I get panda eyes which never usually happens to me. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yay Lisa, it’s amazing, right? UD is one of my absolute go-to brands now. Soozie I threw out my BTS as well - one of the worst mascaras I’ve ever tried. The Perversion mini is $18 and I think that’s really reasonable
shazatron101
5112 posts
(assuming that bottom eyelash mascara comes with small brushes), why dont you just clean the old brushes and use them in the mascara you use on the rest of your eyes? obviously you like those formulas enough to use them on your top lashes so... why not the bottom

i guess i just dont understand why they make mascaras specifically for lower lashes. it's just so stupid. more money for the big buck companies! perhaps im finally showing my spirit age and just dont understand these things.
trudijoy
8375 posts
couldnt agree more, Shaz.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yea I also agree. I don't actually put mascara on my bottom lashes. Is that weird lol.
shazatron101
5112 posts
i dont either Lisa lol theyre too fine and look spidery as heck lol no thanks
trudijoy
8375 posts
I def do but mine are long and just need a bit of defining, I only do one coat there
alikat
423 posts
I use a Clinique mascara that is specially designed for the lower lashes. It has a little delicate wand, which is just right for the spider legs of mine that double as bottom lashes.

This link is for the USA clinique site but I'm sure its still available here:

https://www.clinique.com/product/1606/15586/makeup/mascara/bottom-lash-mascara

EDIT: Okay, just checked, discontinued in NZ, but not in the USA (and I get mine from the USA.... sorry!)
kirstyj
1732 posts
Weird addition to this as it isn't actually a mascara - BUT ... I just get my lashes tinted every 5 to 6 weeks. Means I don't need to worry about mascara on my bottom lashes at all but they still look defined and nice :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!