Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What's up with Sleek Makeup?

25 posts, 18 members
fleurfernandez
10 posts
Hi everyone,

So I've always wanted to order from Sleek Makeup but now I'm having second thoughts.
I dunno, I might just end up even spending double buying from a distributor in New Zealand. I've heard so many mixed reviews about Sleek very recently. About a year or so ago, they seemed genuine and their customers gave them good feedback however it seems that they are going down hill. I've heard constant good things about their PRODUCTS however not about their service - apparently it isn't all that good. People have complained on their Facebook page that they haven't recieved their orders months after they made their purchase. I'm a bit iffy about ordering from them directly because I don't think they offer Paypal (I've asked them and they said they don't because of 'security reasons'). I remember they had a huge sale with coupon codes and everything however they didn't have much stock and so not everyone got their orders even after paying. 
Obviously their shipping/service quality may vary from country to country however the online customer service should be the same throughout all their customers - it's not on!
I was just wondering... as anybody here ordered from Sleek Makeup recently? How was your experience?

MicheleC
419 posts
If this is what you have gleened from reading online then I personally would give them a big miss. Not using Paypal due to security reasons is a bit of a dud comment really.
MicheleC
419 posts
I see you can buy Sleek on makeup.co.nz and members on BR are happy with the service.
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I buy my sleek from makeup.co.nz and they have great customer service
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I'm in love with sleek pallets.only have 2 so far. Beautybliss have it and they have great service :)
Mila
1209 posts
I love the sleek contouring kit.  Same as some of the ladies have said here beautybliss and makeup.co.nz are both reliable sites :)
SandyGedge
394 posts
I have ordered from sleek twice now. The first time my order was never processed properly but once that was sorted, I received my product within afew days. My second order took a lot longer to arrive but I still got it which is the main thing. I'm in love with their eyeshadow pallets and will definitely buy more. I do feel that their customer service is slipping though so am not sure if I'll order my next pallet off them or someone else?
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I made my first (and last) order from sleek makeup around a month ago. My palettes took ages to arrive (I received them a few days ago). Their customer service was nothing short of appalling - I emailed them twice about my order and left a few messages on their Facebook to try and get in contact with them but I still haven't heard anything. 

If you're going to buy Sleek I highly recommend getting it here in NZ - even though it is more expensive you'll get your items. I've never had such bad customer service before and my experience with ordering from them directly has completely put me off ever ordering from them again. 
kayxcake
422 posts
I haven't purchased from the Sleek makeup site before, I added anything to my basket and I find it not worth it :/ If you add the prices and the time wasted waiting for your parcel to arrive, plus the back and forth email (if you have any problems with your orders), your time wasted, if you add all that together, it cost more than just getting from a NZ makeup boutique that stock Sleek.

I buy all of my Sleek makeup from makeup.co.nz, excellent customer service, overnight fast shipping! It may cost double the price from the Sleek site, but it's all worth it :) I love makeup.co.nz! 
Cat
474 posts
That's disappointing to gear about Sleek's online store. I have purchased a few times last year (last time was just before Xmas) I found it arrived within 2 weeks and I never had an issue. I did look at doing an order about a month ago but found the postage had doubled (use to be $5 regardless of size!) 

While I like Sleek and have a few items I adore, I'm not sure I'd rush to pay NZ prices to be honest. 
Susilia
484 posts
I've ordered from makeup.co.nz the prices are still ok there and their customer service is really good with very fast shipping. The item I purchased was the concealer, the second lightest shade, but when I opened it, it was so dark and orangeish, I couldn't believe it, so just be careful with those, the pictures of the colors on the site are useless. Also the concealer fell out of the tube upon the second use (I was testing it for contouring and as a bronzer). I threw it out, it was about 10$ wasted. This put me off to purchase anything else from sleek.
kirstysays
762 posts
I have ordered directly from the sleek website once and had no issues.
Stelle90
120 posts
I order sleek products from beauty bliss and they come within a few days, a little more expensive but not by much after conversion rates. Plus you don't have to wait ages for the products! 
Lutece
1849 posts
If your not sure its best to order from makeup.co.nz, at least you know its safe and it will get to you fast :)
lvgc
1 posts
I have 2 Sleek palettes and I love them. They are great value for money and I like the packaging. Makeup.co.nz is a good site to buy from, I have always recieved my orders from them within 2-3 days, well packaged as well.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I wouldn't buy off their direct site as I've heard too many compliants.  I do love Sleek makeup though so I buy mine off of Beautybliss, its not that much more than on the actual Sleek site plus I get it next day, and normally with a choccie for good measure.  If it comes down to saving over good customer service and speed, I take the good customer service any day.
fleurfernandez
10 posts
Thanks everyone for your replies! I will definitely check out makeup.co.nz!
Another site that stocks them is 24sevenbeauty.co.nz which is an up and coming online makeup store in New Zealand. They seem pretty inexpensive in terms of Sleek products :)
itskaz_xo
199 posts
I was exactly the same when I was thinking about ordering from them. I went through a lot of their feedback on their facebook page and I was shocked to see so many negative comments. It seemed a lot of peoples orders hadn't arrived yet and no1 was giving them any insight to what was happening. I don't know what it was that changed my mind but I ended up doing a sleek order =/ I was so scared that it wasn't going to show up but to my suprise it did (it took about 10 days) but it arrived :) I guess it's just a hit n miss with that company xx
fleurfernandez
10 posts
itskaz_xo Yes that's  right - I had a long look through their Facebook timeline and this is where I stumbled on the copious amount of negative feedback - mental! There was just too much. But I'm glad that you got your package, surprised actually. I don't think I will be ordering from them quite yet because of their increase in price, negative feedback and mainly their inability to take Paypal - but I'll see.
fleurfernandez
10 posts
NOTE EVERYONE: I just went on the site and chose three things I was planning on ordering, put them in my cart and... it is so expensive! So not worth it, especially after tax and shipping! Much better off getting it from makeup.co.nz or any other New Zealand owned beauty sites. Wow sleek has changed! And the customer service seems pathetic. I've only checked their Facebook page and website now after a long time and I can see that they have gotten worse. Before they used to reply to the consumers on FB saying "What is your order number, we will sort it out for you" or a simple "We apologize" with no further action taken but NOW they don't even take the initiative to answer the customers at all! Some people have waited since July or earlier with not response and/or no package - it's bs truly! Order at your own risk.
fleurfernandez
10 posts
NOTE EVERYONE: I just went on the site and chose three things I was planning on ordering, put them in my cart and... it is so expensive! So not worth it, especially after tax and shipping! Much better off getting it from makeup.co.nz or any other New Zealand owned beauty sites. Wow sleek has changed! And the customer service seems pathetic. I've only checked their Facebook page and website now after a long time and I can see that they have gotten worse. Before they used to reply to the consumers on FB saying "What is your order number, we will sort it out for you" or a simple "We apologize" with no further action taken but NOW they don't even take the initiative to answer the customers at all! Some people have waited since July or earlier with not response and/or no package - it's bs truly! Order at your own risk.
littleparadise
178 posts
Okay, I'm going to go against the grain and say, I was more than pleased with their service! I did a big haul about 2 months ago, when it was buy 2 products get 3rd one free and it was fab,  I ended up buying 6 eye shadow palettes, 1 contour kit, 2 lippys, an eye liner, concealer palette and a blush trio.  I chose the tracking method, which they said would take 8-14 working days, it arrived on the 12th working day (and I'm even rural) and postage all up for those 12 items was $17.25NZDI was thrilled, packaged really well and secure, and had my invoice and everything.  I would defenitly purchase again from them, but would wait until a 30% off sale, or POSSIBLY free shipping (they do that a few times a year) or the buy 2 get one free as that made things VERY cheap!  Hope this helps you! xx
fleurfernandez
10 posts
Lucky you! It's maybe a hit or miss site haha :) I think I'm just going to stick to paying with Paypal when it comes to ordering internationally. I am definitely keen to try Sleek Makeup products and have been for a very long while! However, I'm probably going to venture into buying it elsewhere. Reflecting on my urge to buying off sleekmakeup.com and looking at the countless number of positive feedback on Makeup.co.nz, I think I'll give the latter a go. It's free shipping over $50 and knowing me, over $50 I will go! hehe xx
ChristieMJ
358 posts
I bought my sleek stuff from makeup.co.nz and can highly recommend them! Have done about 2 or 3 orders with them and all have arrived within 1-2 days - so good!
fleurfernandez
10 posts
Whoa 1-2 days?! I'm in.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!