Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Prime, conceal, cover

6 posts, 4 members
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I've been using my 'holy grails' prime, conceal and cover (primer, concealer and foundation) products for a good 2 years now. 
 Well I ran recently ran out of my go to primer and concealer and thought why not give something else a go. Who knew it was so hard to find products that work so well together! 
 I was so disheartend by the fact I purchased 3 new primers that don't go well with my foundation and the new concealer that pretty much wipes my foundation off.
 I don't want to go back to my same old holy grails, so my question is, what are some tips on finding products that work well together for you? 

Imoshen
461 posts
I had a really good thing going with my holy grails too and one day, the formulation in one of them changed (the cleanser) which has put everything else out of whack so now I'm also on the hunt for new holy grails.

I hate the search, it's expensive and disheartening but I do it one step in my routine at a time and see how much I can make it work before I move onto the next.

It also involves a lot of review research and digging into ingredient lists.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Formulation changes are the absolute death of me. Or when something works really well then when I rebuy it doesn't work anymore.

Amyxxoo have you tried using a primer and a foundation from the same company maybe? I imagine if they came from the same line they might be formulated to specifically compliment each other? And some may even have the same 'goal' like overall to brighten or something.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I admit a couple of my recent purchase have been a little on the spot but then some I've looked into reviews before buying. I'm used to a matte primer and foundation, I'm almost contemplating buy a hydrating primer to see if this will make any difference, I suspect it will. Yes that honestly is such a good point! When I used my max factor primer with foundation (trailed for BR) they worked beautifully together. In fact I used them almost everyday till I ran out. I've rencently tried a new foundation which I love but it does dry matte. I know the primer  they make is a hydrating one so I might just purchase that :)
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Sounds like a good plan! I've been quite tempted to get the max factor primer too after seeing so many good reviews on it, hurry up Farmers and have a good sale!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I haven't found anything that "works" for me. Not really. I have foundations and BB creams and I like them but they dont work in my favor a lot of the time. Supposedly, if the foundation's first ingredient is water (or silicone) then you use a primer to match that... As well as your skin care. I dunno how true that is, or if it even works well but there you go.
I keep meaning to try it with my Estee Lauder foundation, as that gets a big weird on the outside of my face, but I just never do!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!