Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Morphe Brushes

28 posts, 13 members
Hey guys! What are your thoughts/experiences with Morphe brushes and what are your favourites? I'm in need of new brushes and wanted to know your thoughts! :) 
idomakeupnz
150 posts
I'm going to be frank here, Morphe Brushes are a waste of money and are a bit dodgy (in my opinion).
I ordered from them a couple of years ago before I started reading things about them - the brushes I brought were all terrible except for the 2 eyebrow brushes, the bristles were horrible and scratchy, uneven in the cut/shape, they felt cheap and they all shed when I washed them. Their shipping is expensive and takes quite some time and in all honesty, the products are over priced. It's just private label stuff, same as Sedona Lace, Bh Cosmetics and Coastal Scents, so it's nothing special. The reason they're so popular is due to the fact that they pay YouTubers to shill their products, speak highly of them, create that "in demand" hype.
I've also read that they don't have the greatest customer service, which is a turn off for me personally.
Honestly, it's all personal preference but it's something you should research first. The brushes I got were terrible and not worth the money.
If it's brushes you want I highly recommend this set from Coastal Scents, I have it and it's great quality especially for the price. I also hear very good things about Real Techniques, Eco Tools, Zoeva and Bdellium tools. You could also look into Crown Brush who have very similar brushes to Morphe (I believe they actually private label for them or at least used to).

Hope this helps some (: I'm sure other people will let you know their thoughts so I hope you can make an informed decision (:
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Check out Stephanie Nicole 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
The Coastal Scents brushes are really good. I've been using mine for years and haven't had any issues.  

I got the Real Techniques Core Collection brush set for Christmas and I'm absolutely loving those ... no shedding, soft bristles, they wash well and dry back to their original shape.

I haven't tried Morphe, so can't comment on those. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I currently have 3 morphe brushes & I'm loving the E1 which E stands for Elite series they have brushes in different categories this brush is a large powder brush & I don't have any issues with the scratchy feeling at all in fact it's packed densely but soft & has give to enable to apply my loose powder with ease & not much fall out being so big it picks up all the product from its container the other two are packing & blending eye brushes & they're natural hair (goat) the two give me an ok performance nothung amazing but not terrible either in comparison to my RT brushes they are both different with their performance
Thanks for all your advice guys!! I had full sets of real techniques brushes (unfortunately they were stolen) but I really liked them but I was looking at trying out some new ones incase there were better ones out there! Any other brush brands or types that you can reccommend would be great! :) 
mallomiss
569 posts
I havn't ever used them but I've heard from a handful of people that they're a waste of money... 
The bristles fall out on the first wash, they don't go back to form after washing... 

I wouldn't buy them for what they're worth.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I have heard great reviews of the It cosmetics brushes but they're pricey. I have 2 Shaaanxo brushes & I did think she was pluggin during her videos but since using her round face brush & eye detailing brush I would say she wasn't just saying they were good for advertising but she's being real they're pretty awesome especially with her revamping them both brushes are from either line. Her face brush is an effortless application with flawless effect check put her site. RT are good though. Another brand is BH cosmetics affordable always on sale but good quality
Macs
5351 posts
Interesting feedback about these brushes. Never tried Morphe products before. They seem to be accessible on newzealand websites now.  I do want to try their eye shadows. Given me something to think about ladies. 
MissQT
1547 posts
This thread has been really helpful as I was also looking at getting some morphe brushes 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Check out this review
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
And now I know how to link I actually feel like a winner because I've learnt something new on my phablet & can do as others 
Macs
5351 posts
Oh you did it. I know pixie showed us before. But its not sinking in Keri lol
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Just saw  your comment on the article about linking Macs :) 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
It's quite easy. Hope you click into the review to watch her Macs
Macs
5351 posts
Funnily this lady you linked has been reviewed jefree star as well. I watched it after a friend shared it. Very interesting indeed. She has done alot of research into it.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
She reviews everything with honesty 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Yes I love her channel that's her genre she's honest does her research & knows her stuff I've been watching her for a while now.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
K3r1pakai even I don't know how to link..... Lol.... I need to learn yet.

ok so back to on discussion... I also saw her some videos I like her honest reviews... Thanks for sharing. I didn't try anything from Morphe but let's see in future.
trudijoy
8375 posts
linking doesn't always work, i know exactly how to do it but one of my laptops still won't cooperate. I haven't tried on my phone
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Request desktop site from drop down bar on Internet bar on your phone however my phone is a phablet but I'm guessing it's the smlame is using Chrome as your server. 
Emily-jane
314 posts
Never used morphe brushes before. Don't know enough about them. I have seem them advertised and wondered what they are like. So interesting thread. I use a mixture of Mac and real techniques brushes and I find them fantastic. Thanks for sharing that link K3r1pakai.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I've got a few Morphe brushes and I use them all regularly! I did a TONNE of research on which ones to get before I ordered, because there are a few that constantly get bad reviews. I've got a range of RT, Artiste, Eco Tools, ELF and Bossy brushes so i've definitely seen some duds in my time.

My favourite is the G2 which is awesome for blending out my MAC Prolongwear concealer when I use it as a foundation, because of how dense it is. 

I've also got the M508 which is a dense, but soft, tiny smudger brush, and the M433 and M441 - they're both blending brushes.

I'd say the blending brushes would be the "lowest quality" of the bunch as they're the ones I've had a couple hairs break off, but they don't shed insanely and they're not scratchy or anything. I've had no shedding whatsoever with the other two. I really want some from the Elite collection!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Glad to hear your personal review on them @Sarah :)
Macs
5351 posts
Thank you for sharing Sarah. I had my eye on their cruelty free set they have. Really I just want a good eye shadow brush and contour brush. 
Koni
444 posts
I use my Morphe brushes regularly and I really enjoy them.  I actually bought them because of BR member Sarahbeautynz haha. I read a lot of reviews on the ones that I picked up from the Elite collection (E1, E3, E17), Gun Metal collection (G3,G6) and other (M439).  They've been washed several times and I've had no shedding except a loose hair or two from the gun metal. I bought my lot from the Morphe website as well as Beauty Bliss NZ.
Emily-jane
314 posts
Thanks for sharing your experience with Morphe brushes Sarah.
Lisa-
79 posts
I actually signed up for Morphes monthly brush subscription a few months ago, and I'm really liking the ones I have so far. I have washed them a few times and haven't had any shedding nor do they feel scratchy on my face. My fave would have to be the E1, it's a HUGE powder brush and I love it!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!