Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Help! Foundation for dry skin?

7 posts, 7 members
Help! I'm on some medication that gives me terrible dry skin as a side effect so want to change up my foundation - I'm currently using Estee Lauder double wear & MAC mineralize powder - think I need to lose the powder and get a liquid foundation for dry skin - would love recommendations! Thanks
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I agree, you should skip the powder and try setting your make-up with a moisturising setting spray instead (dewy finish not matte).

Have you considered adding a serum to your skincare routine to provide your skin with extra moisture?   

Have you tried any of the following foundations for dry skin?

- Revlon Colorstay 24hr liquid foundation
- CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation
- Clinique Super Balanced make-up
- Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation

tannygirl
3392 posts
  I can second the Bobbi Brown Intensive Serum Foundation for dry skin as I currently have it. It is very moisturizing and hydrating, has a bit of spf and some ingredients to improve your skin over time. But I should mention that it costs an arm and a leg, gives light to medium coverage and the foundation is a bit hard to get out of the dropper. 

I think adding a serum under your liquid foundation would help heaps and/or mixing in a drop of serum in with your foundation can help make it a bit more hydrating. I know Bonjour does some nice serum foundations which are more affordable.
MissQT
1547 posts
I also agree with a serum under your moisturiser. I was previously on medication which made my skin dry, so make sure you use an intense moisturiser, and a serum. Night creams are good too as are face masks. Trilogy also do a hydrating mist spray. Also use a primer if you're not already. I can't help much with foundation as I opted not to wear foundation while I was on the medication.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I suffer from really dry skin and I find foundation makes it worse. Even if it says it is for dry skin. I ditched foundation and use Max factor cc cream, my skin is a million times better now. I also use wild ferns manuka honey night cream, serum and day moisturiser which have been a huge help.
Rezee
1964 posts
I have super dry skin. Full coverage doesn't really work for me so I stick to light/medium.  If a product says matte, back away from it immediately. Look for dewy on the bottle. I also don't really powder my face, I've been using the rcma powder under my eyes which work well but I can't use powder on my nose otherwise it cakes up and the rest of my face generally doesn't need it.
I find the fit me dewy and loreal lumi work well for me.
I'm not sure if it will work since it's medication that causes your dryness but using facial oil everyday has changed my life. It definitely wasn't a quick fix and took about 6 months before I really noticed changes but I don't have intense dry patches like I used too noe.
Macs
5351 posts
Hey there, 

My skin is dry too. I found mixing a bit of serum helps me for my dry patches. I only use liquid foundations. I found pressed and Stick foundations drying.  I hope you find something that works for you. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!