Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Green concealer

23 posts, 17 members
lenarose
313 posts
Hi!
I have problems with pimples :(. I manage to treat them fairly well, but they still pop up and look red and ugly often. I wear concealer over them, but the redness is still visible. I read about using a green colour correcting concealer. Have any of you used one? What brands do you suggest, and where should I buy one?

Thanks!!
hughes_dre
229 posts
I've been using Avon Green Veil for years.  It's really, really effective as long as you blend it in properly and put concealer over the top.

Smashbox do a really good concealer pallette too.  There's one from Wet 'N Wild that has a peach tone in it for dark circles too.
Diff74
61 posts
I have high colour in my cheeks and have used Moisture Mist Geen Veil stick for years to help conceal it.  Works well for me.  I think the secret is in the blending. Clinque does a range for redness/high colour .  I think they may have concealers that have the green tint for concealing, and both treat the blemish as well.  Cant remeber the name of the range but may be woth a visit to the nearest Clinque counter to check it out.
lenarose
313 posts
Okay thanks ladies, I might hit up Farmers sometime soon and see what I can get to help make myself look less red!!
raniwelsh
104 posts
I have to get some of this green conceler! I tried it a few times but didnt blend enough I think...
deville
42 posts
I have used Moisture Mist green veil as well and found it very good for redness.  The body shop did a green and yellow liquid concealer which was quite thin and for me not so good but maybe for others.  The clinique range is really good but costly.  I'm really interested in reading everyone elses thoughts and suggestions as i'm still looking for a good quality green concealer which doesn't cost the earth.
I use the Napoleon Perdis Corrective Pro Concealer Palette, the consistency is easy to blend, and not thick or cakey as long as you dont pack it on. It has a purpley pink shade in it which is good for dark under eyes and bluey tones, the green to combat redness, and a yellowish colour as well. I know that Smashbox do really good colour corrective primers as well.  
lenarose
313 posts
there's a Napoleon counter at my local farmers so I'll go check that out. where do you get moisture mist from? I haven't heard of it before.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Moisture mist is also at Farmers as well as amcal pharmacies :)
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I've tried looking through all the reviews to find more info regarding concealer corrector palettes but no luck. Just wondering if any of you ladies own one or can recommend any good ones. Im after the one that has green for redness, orange for dark spots etc?? :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Toni-Lee NYX has a colour correction palette which I have heard great things about, not sure if it is available anywhere in NZ though might be only via their main site. here  

BH Cosmetic has a good kit too here

Toni-Lee
503 posts
Thanks chikoboo will look into them.
Julieal
915 posts
This sounds really good -Thanks
MissQT
1547 posts
I'd like to try a green corr tube primer too. I've ised the elf tone adjusting green mineral primer and although it's a fantastic prime the green tone does nothing. The moisture mist one sounds good.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I have a corrector palette by elf that has the colours you mention. However it's less pigmented and it's in powder form so this could be why. It does give the an effect required but I prefer something more stronger.
I have a concelaer by Chanel and enjoy using it as it has an orange undertone so it does improve the look of my dark under eyes.
I do know LA girl have all the colours in all forms of consistency and dependant on your skin type you use what suits it.
So for me I have oily skin so I have to steer clear of cream concealer and foundations. So the LA girl set in liquid would suit and reviews have said great things about their range of concealers. 1 con was that it does oxidize as the day goes on.
The other set is the Nyx corrector palette again not sure if it's available in NZ but this has good reviews. They have the individual pottles aswell that have good coverage. Another drugstore brand is the Rimmel 2 n 1 highlighter concealer it gives good coverage is close to tone and doesn't budge so if you go thru the colours to suit the undertone preference.
And the Maybelline lumi concealer stick is another great pen for coverage. I like this one aswell I used mine up and if you go darker you can find the yellow orange undertone for the coverage of dark circles but I stuck to the lightest colour and was satisfied with that look.
There is a concealer palette unbranded on eBay aswell that has had good reviews but this a cream based palette.
so check what type suits your skin and then get checking online. Hope this helps. Some You tubers explain this method. I first watched Wayne Goss with the explanation of color correcting...
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't tried colour concealers yet. I'd love to try some one day. I had my eyes on the elf one too.
Chaotic82
522 posts
This is a good read.  I got an ELF one and it was terrible, I put the tiniest dab on and tried to blend it out, it covered my whole chin in a green that was impossible to cover.  LOL
bronjenks
253 posts
I've tried green corrector before too but I dont think I blended it right (had no idea how to use it) and ended up with green stuff all over my face... not a good look, lol!
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I've never had any luck with green concealers, they always show through under my foundation. I'm not sure if that's because I'm fair or what, but after a lot of trial and error I find yellow based concealers work best for me for counteracting redness, and not showing through under my foundation. I use the one in my MAC conceal and correct palette, I love it!

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I used to use a green stick concealer back in the 90s. Until a friend told me I was glowing green under the UV light in a nightclub!
MissQT
1547 posts
haha soozie! I wonder what makes it glow? I think that's worse then white bras glowing under the uv lights!
RachLouise
218 posts
I was just about to make my own thread about Green Concealer when I stumbled upon yours. Can anyone reccomend a good green concealer to cover a large red birthmark? Currently I am using and Elf one. Im looking more towards drugstore products. Thin Lizzy dosnt work as I have tried that before. 
RachLouise
218 posts
I was just about to make my own thread about Green Concealer when I stumbled upon yours. Can anyone reccomend a good green concealer to cover a large red birthmark? Currently I am using and Elf one. Im looking more towards drugstore products. Thin Lizzy dosnt work as I have tried that before. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!