Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Essence Cosmetics -- new to NZ?

31 posts, 26 members
brushandbullet
395 posts
Who's tried Essence Cosmetics before? I just came across this stand in Farmers Glenfield -- the most expensive things were two base products for $8.50, the rest were all under $7. I got the four lip gel tints for $4.20 each... oops.

I've seen good reviews for their products online before, looks like they're new here though?

Cat
474 posts
I haven't tried them but see people rave about the mascara. Wonder if other Farmers will be stocked. New Plymouth is pretty limited when compared to Palmerston North and other farmers by the sounds.
Chaotic82
522 posts
Had a look online, I wonder if they will be stocked in other places?  I thought Farmers were trying to be a bit more 'high end' though...  :)
emzor
143 posts
@Cat our Farmers (Wanganui) is pretty limited too.  It's normally the higher end products we don't get like Napolean Perdis and Clinique so maybe both our stores will get these soon too?  I love trying out new brands!
ree_nz
247 posts
Haven't seen these before but will definitely be checking it out! I'm a sucker for bargain products - and it looks like some awesome colours there!
taraflynn
31 posts
When I go back to work will be checking out at Farmers in Shore City... Just had a look at the site, looks like you can also buy direct from the site.... so if you local Farmers does not stock it try on line
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
I wish we get this to Farmers Rotorua, but as always we prob wont :(
MaddiPham
85 posts
Believe it or not Essence was one of the first cosmetic brands I use. Their name and products all remind me of my tween years. A German friend gave me a brown eyeliner on a camping trip. At the time the ESSENCE word was written differently, haha. Their price is always reasonable and the products are good for all make up new bies. And yeah after all these years I still like the brown eyeliner haha
xjayloux
900 posts
I actually own an essence eyeshadow and its gorgeous, so nicely pigmented and really nice texture! 
kirstysays
762 posts
I've heard good things about some of the essence eyeshadows and highlighters.  Really keen to try some out.  Hopefully essence rolls out across most farmers stores eventually? That would be awesome!
belynda
3 posts
When ever I'm in Australia I buy loads of Essence cosmetics. You can find them in Priceline and Target. Hearing that they are making there way in to Farmers is great news.

My favourites are: Eyebrow pencil, Lipsticks, their Metal Glam Eyeshadow, and 3D eyeshadows. I find their eye products are way better than Maybelline and Covergirl.

Just because they are cheap, doesn't mean they are bad. Some products are hit and miss, but as you aren't spending loads, it's not as heart-breaking as finding a MAC product doesn't work for you.
leshritson
47 posts
We have essence makeup in Levin! ever thought i'd see the day!
kstah21
127 posts
Our store doesnt have it, and we are the new concept store, maybe we will get it later on? but who knows. but id be keen on trying there products out xx
kstah21
127 posts
Our store doesnt have it, and we are the new concept store, maybe we will get it later on? but who knows. but id be keen on trying there products out xx
belynda
3 posts
Haven't found it in Wellington yet. Eagerly awaiting for the day it does!
MissQT
1547 posts
haven't sent these yet either, but I'll have to keep my eye out for them. Thanks for sharing, the photo of the stand looks intriguing.
nemesisroxx
506 posts
Ooooo can't say I've seen any (but I hardly ever go into any store that isn't filled with groceries). That stand looks very enticing!! And the pricing seems awesome! Keen to browse!
melly650
375 posts
They are really good products, and what I love about essence the most is they bring out new makeup with every little thing that happens, much like MAC (think maleficent, Rihanna, Nicky Minaj).... I am not as keen on their nail polishes as it doesnt last that long (and i hate taking it off every two or three days) but I personally still have their gel liner pot. I've had it for about two years and it hasnt dried out yet, (although I dont use it because I cant seem to teach myself how to apply it, I also dont use liquid liner for the same reason, lol) and I had their mascaras, which are really good too. It tends to do what it says. Can't remember the eye shadows though...
Lutece
1849 posts
Oooh these sound great! Ill be buying some of these when i get the chance
RachLouise
218 posts
I really like the brand Essence. I've tried the concealer. Its very brightening! Great for under eye brightening and highlighting. Can't wait to try more products from this brand :)
MaddiPham
85 posts
hey guys, I emailed them asking about stores where Essence s avail. Here's their replyThank you for your enquiry regarding essence. essence is currently available in the following Farmers stores:         Glenfield      
Manukau      
  Pukekohe
Upper Hutt
Kilbirnie
Levin 
leshritson
47 posts
I hope you girls all get to try the essence makeup brand soon as it is SO AMAZING for the price - I still have no idea why my Levin Farmers branch stocks it but so many other large Farmers' do not.  My fave products from the brand so far are..- Brown eyeliner in the mechanical wind up tube- Taupe eye pencil (I use it for my brows - works awesome for $2)- Eyeshadow quad in 05 to die for- Single eyeshadow in 35 party all night- The matt transcluecent setting powders!And last but not least their Get big lashes mascara! Super glad I have found this brand and everything is super affordable for a uni student like me
kirstysays
762 posts
I just can't wait to get to Auckland (I'm going up sometime in August) and get my hands on some essence products.  Good to hear how much you girls are liking the products.  I can't believe how cheap they are!  Roll on August!
Shaz308
13 posts
Oooh!  I'm curious now.  One of those stores is local to my work so I'll have to check it out in my lunch hour.
kb36502
1 posts
Now available at Farmers Wanganui as well as bourjois.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I've seen Essence in the Manukau mall Farmers for a while now. They're an amazing brand, their waterproof liquid liner is the best I've ever come across. I also grabbed a nail polish from them (this was no good) and both of these items came to like $8. I was like "REALLY? IS THAT ALL?" to the lady at the counter!
chikoboo
3402 posts
I haven't yet but my farmers won't have for ages if wt all as it's too small but when I do come across it I will grab a few things as it has been out in the UK for a few years and my younger cousins rave about their cream concealers and eyeshadows so unless they are nice and send to me (yeah right lol) I'll have to wait until I go shopping at the big smoke
Rezee
1964 posts
Its so weird how it's only in certain farmers, like we have it here in levin and we re only a small town with a very limited beauty section in our farmers.
charly
456 posts
Rezee, I was just thinking the same thing. Being a West Auckland girl I won't be seeing these products for a while! (well ex West Auckland. Now Kaipara)
Cesy
162 posts
I just got back from Aus and all the Essence stands in the Pricelines I went to had been stripped! So obviously popular. I did get a few nail polishes but I have them ear marked for gifts, hopefully my giftees will tell me how they are.
Shazzaali
45 posts
I kinda went crazy when I saw the brand at Farmers Hastings lol. I bought a few things, all very cheap. Some good and others not so good but worth the price.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!