Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Concealer Recommendations

14 posts, 12 members
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I am need of a concealer that conceals. I've tried several and none of them are inspiring me lately. I prefer a stick concealer because I find they work better for carrying around in my handbag, but would be keen to hear any recommendations of what people find works for them.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I have never used a stick concealer but I hear the Cle De Peau one is miraculous! Everyone here always talks about how good the IT cosmetics bye bye undereye concealer is for dark circles. That one's in a tube though.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I've never used a stick concelar before either....I do use the IT bye bye under eye one for my dark circles and it's amazing. For the rest of my face I use a no named brand palette my Mum got me for Xmas one year. It's not great but does the job.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Also have heard great things about the LA girl pro conceal, it comes in a tube but will definitely be my next concelar purchase :)
Macs
5351 posts
Which stick concealer do you use? I haven't found a good one either. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I've used avon, jordana, body shop and maybelline. My favorite one is my living nature one, but that isn't a stick and it's not as suitable for my handbag (it made a right mess).

I've heard about the bye bye undereye though I more so need the bye bye red nose. And I forgotten about the LA Girl one, so thanks for reminding me.
2lilmnkys
106 posts
I swear by la girl concealers. Always fall back to it. Although it comes in the sqeezeie tube so dont know if it will work for your needs
I absolutely love and swear by =14pxLancome Effacernes Longue Tenue!!!

Lutece
1849 posts
I havent tried a stick concealer before only stick or cream foundations. I like the LA girl concealers, but my favorite ones are the Nars radiant creamy concealer and the Estee lauder doublewear concealer, both are expensive but last all day and dont crease on me which is a rare thing for my under eyes lol <3
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I like the Collection lasting perfection. Not a stick but cheap and easy to find.
swamphen
73 posts
I do love myself a concealer! Best I think is The Balm timebalm concealer... followed closely by thin lizzy.
Ive also tried revlon but found it way to thin. I like/need heavy duty!!
fairyfluff
19 posts
Maybelline age rewind concealer
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I find Maybelline age rewind does highlight but isn't very opaque or builiable.
For the eye area or any of your areas you choose to higlight aswell as redness or blemish spots
I do like IT COSMETICS bye bye undereye it can be very tricky to get use to & is very opaque a tiny bit goes a long way & it has the tenancy to crease & slip so setting with translucent powder or even banana powder to ensure it stays put & for creasing ensuring you hydrate the undereye area with either oil prior to application or you're usual under eye cream.
LA GIRL has very good opacity & is affordable great all rounder for highlighting & coverage & doesn't set instantly so gives you time to blend out.
COLLECTION LASTING PERFECTION also is great for most uses ha's good opacity & again affordable it does need to be set with powder lightly to ensure no creasing but good enough to stop any slipping one thing I do find is its creamy but sets quite fast so your time can be cut short when in need of blending. I use these three concealers in my weekly routine swapping around each brand per day & I have found them to be of good standard to conceal & highlight they do stay on my face for a whole days work 6hours plus the few hours prior work & I should mention I have deep scarring around my eyes & right side of my face which are concealed well. I would almost compare the bye bye undereye to the thin lizzy concealer for the consistency & opacity but keep in mind this is my opinion & others my differ
Neddy
11 posts
Heya,

I have a love for concealers and I can recommend 2 which one is cheap and the other a bit more pricey. LA pro girl comes in a huge range of colours and it is amazing! I know Shaaanxo used to use back in the day which is how I first heard about it. Since then heaps more new ones are available but it is under $10 and it smooth and doesn not cake at all. 
The more pricier one is NARS radiant creamy concealer which I think is about $50 is also amazing, comes in same range colours their foundations do. It is next level concealer though and its so sad when you run out!
One in between one is SEPHORA collection high coverage for about $29 I think. It is really nice and smooth and quite long lasting for the price. Tends to cake if not set properly though. Hope this helps.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!