poll posted by BR Natalie
a doe, a deer, a female deer.
So today we're talking about deer milk - and why we should be using it on our faces. Don't feel behind the times if you haven't heard of deer milk skin care yet, it's a relatively new discovery! The brand behind it is Kiwi company, kōtia, and here's a brief breakdown of why they've created a skin care brand using deer milk.
What's in Deer Milk to make is so good for my skin?
Deer milk is really high in protein - more so than goat, sheep or cow milk. It's also one of the few protein sources to contain high levels of amino acids.
- Proteins maintain healthy skin and repair and replace damaged cells. Milk proteins have the ability to bind water within the epidermis (the outermost layer of skin), for enhanced moisturisation and softness.
- Amino Acids act as natural nourishing, hydrating and anti-wrinkle agents.
Deer milk contains a lot of minerals. including zinc, selenium, calcium, potassium and phosphorous, which boost cell repair, protect against environmental stress and act as powerful antioxidants.
- Calcium plays a key role in barrier function repair and the replenishment of skin cells. With the calcium content of deer milk being much higher than that of sheep, goats or cows, it’s a powerful way to support cell production and repair, prevent thinning of the epidermis as we age and improve the skin’s natural barrier.
- Potassium is essential for healthy skin and key to maintaining electrolyte balance and internal fluids – keeping cells hydrated and skin internally moisturised.
Anddd, deer milk is full of beauty boosting Vitamins D, E, B and A, As powerful antioxidants, these vitamins support the skin's immune system and help to destroy free radicals that can cause premature ageing.
- Vitamin B has been shown to improve the ability of the epidermis to retain moisture – leading to softer, smoother skin with less dryness and a reduction of fine lines.
- Vitamin A (or retinol) is proven to support the skin’s immune system and stimulate collagen production, giving skin a natural and radiant glow. As an added benefit, the vitamin A in deer milk is absorbed much more effectively than synthetic vitamin A, boosting its regenerative properties.
Is Deer Milk Skin Care deer-friendly?
The welfare of the deer is paramount to kōtia; who do everything they can to harness the power of deer milk, while protecting and respecting the wellbeing of the deer. You can read more about their Farmed with Care policy here.
We're putting the kōtia Hydrating Day Cream SPF15 to the test. With replenishing nutrients for naturally radiant skin, kōtia Hydrating Day Cream SPF15 contains essential omega fatty acids and vitamins to prevent dehydration and dullness. By delivering deep hydration it reduces the appearance of wrinkles and the visible signs of ageing.
It's suitable for all skin types and fights oxidative stress, protecting you from pollution and free radical harm. It has an added SPF15 to guard against UV and infrared sun damage, helping to preserve skin firmness and elasticity.
Doesn't it sound amazing?!