Article by BR Tabatha
The Beauty Review Forum is home to many an interesting conversation - it's a great place to learn new beauty tricks. And one conversation that crops up a lot is that of Coconut Oil. Yes, an occasional pantry item has now become a beauty cabinet staple.
Why? Because this product has about a squillion uses across your home - as versatility goes, it leaves most marketed multi-purpose products far behind.
What rocked my world about Coconut Oil was that it hass a natural SPF 4, which whilst not very high, offers that little extra protection when layering products. For those unfamiliar with coconut oil don't be put off by it's solid form - it easily melts with body warmth between the palms of your hands! And when using coconut oil for a new us opt for the less is more approach until you figure out the right amount for you!
Here's just a few of the many beauty uses for coconut oil:
- You can use it as a hair oil/serum for taming frizzies and flyaways.
- You can use it as an intensive hair treatment.
- It's considered the perfect oil for oil pulling.
- You can use it as a very basic skin lotion.
- It's considered a fantastic makeup remover, akin to expensive cleansing oils.
- Pregnant women rub it on their tummies to help soften the skin and lessen stretchmarks.
- Mix with sea salt for a coarse exfoliant that's great for your feet.
- As a cuticle oil.
- As a bath oil.
And here's some other pretty cool beauty-related uses:
- As a nappy cream and barrier cream
- As a naturally antibacterial cream for scrapes and grazes.
- As a erm, personal lubricant, for, well, you know what.
- As either a shaving cream or after-shave balm.
- As a cradle cap solution - massage in to the head and leave to sit for as long as you can. Gently brush the flakes loose and shampoo out.
- As a soother for bug bites.
- As a massage oil. You can add whatever essential oils you prefer to make a custom blend.
- As a deodorant. Mix with a little arrowroot to stay fresh all day.
- As relief from cracked paw pads. Your woof-woof will thank you.
- As a beard/moustache shaper.
Oh and apparently, you can even cook with it.
Are you a fan of Coconut Oil? What do you use it for? Get chatting below!