Poll posted by BR Natalie
Back in my university years, a big night out wasn't complete without a set of press-on nails. You know the kind right? The poor gal's gel nails. Sure there are some positives to press-on nails. You don't need to pay big bucks as you would at a salon. You don't need to head back to said salon if a nail comes loose. There's also no UV exposure.
But the negatives. Gosh. I haven't used press-on nails in over 10 years because my memory of them goes as follows;
- Heading to local chemist, hmming and ahhing over garish colours before settling on...French Tips.
- Trying to size match the fake nails to my own odd shaped nails.
- Settling for 'that'll have to do' on at least 3 nails.
- Applying the sort-of size matched nails using the world's runniest glue.
- Trying not to flick off nails while handling money or trying to get my ID from my wallet.
- Waking up the next day to find several nails missing and the remaining ones hanging on for dear life.
- Spending the next week picking off glue remnants and promising my nails I will never do it to them again.
Is it really worth going through all of that, just to rock an unnatural looking set of plastic nails?!
Well, guess what? Times have changed. YES. We are entering a new era of false nails. Imagine if you will, press on nails that are high quality and have a UV Gel finish, making them durable and chip resistant. Then imagine the non-damaging glue can be applied in two ways - to allow for long (10+ days) or short (1- 3 days) wear. You can even re-use the nails if you've used them for a shorter period!
But do these nails look good? Do they look natural?
Check 'em out for yourself.
Teddy Lane is the nail phenonemon sweeping New Zealand.
Teddy Lane is a gorgeous NZ company owned by a mother and daughter. Their cruelty-free and Vegan friendly nails are available in so many beautiful designs - from neutral tones, to catwalk trends, and everything in between. There's even a variety of lengths and shapes to choose from!
Each set contains 24 (TWENTY-FOUR!!) nails in 12 sizes, covering large, average and petite nail sizes.
Of course we're going to be putting Teddy Lane to the test. And here's the super exciting part - the reviewers on this trial team can choose what Teddy Lane design they'd love to trial!
So, if you'd like to be considered for a place on this trial team here's what you need to do:
Click here and head over to the Teddy Lane website and get browsing! When you've found your favourite design comment below and let us know what it is. If we pick you - you'll receive a full set in your chosen design to review!