Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you start to use our website. By using our website you confirm that you accept these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions please refrain from using our website.
Should you breach any of these Terms and Conditions or misuse our website we reserve the right to remove you from our website as a Contributor.
The reviews, comments and information (“material”) contained on our website is provided for general information purposes only and does not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice and shall not be relied upon as such.
We do not guarantee or warrant the accuracy of any of the material on our website.
We are not liable for any loss or damages incurred by you directly or indirectly which may arise from you accessing or relying on the material on our website or your use of our website.
We are not liable for any adverse reaction you may have to any Product you review.
Beautyreview.co.nz is a website operated by Beauty Review NZ Ltd a New Zealand Company. (“We”, “Us”, “Our” “Beauty Review”).
“You”, “Your” “Contributor” refer to you the user of our website.
Products featured on our Beauty Review website may be available in other Countries. However material pertaining to these products is specific to the New Zealand market. Your membership, review products, prizes, giveaways and services are restricted to only New Zealand residents residing in New Zealand.
Beauty Review is an independent review and commentary community. As such we do not have an opinion on any product featured on our website. The product reviews, opinions and comments of Contributors to our website are the opinions of our Contributors and not the opinions of Beauty Review.
You agree to impartially review the products that are sent to you to review. If you are unable to impartially review the product for one of the following reason you must immediately withdraw from reviewing the Product.
- You have a direct association to the product being reviewed as you work for any advertising, media, promotions or PR Company that manufactures, promotes or markets the product being reviewed.
- You have an indirect association to the product being reviewed as you work for any advertising, media, promotions or PR company that is a competitor or handles competitor products to the product being reviewed
- You have friends or family that work for any advertising, media, promotions or PR Company that manufactures, promotes or markets the product being reviewed.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS WHEN USING THE WEBSITE
Upon registering with Beauty Review you agree:
- You are available for selection for product reviews, trial and commentary.
- You will trial the any review product yourself and review and comment on the product you have been sent within the timeframe specified.
- You will not on sell or trade or profiteer from any product sent to you for the purpose of review.
- You will accept invitations to trial teams only if you live in New Zealand.
- No more that one other person at your address shall register as a Contributor.
- You shall only register once as a Contributor, and you understand that the opening of duplicate accounts will result in the termination of all of your accounts.
- You shall register under your legal name.
- You provide us with profile details that are correct.
- You will make every attempt to keep your details current.
- Your reviews will focus on the product that you are commenting on and your individual experience using it.
- You will not review a product unless you have personally used it.
- You will not review a product if you are employed or related to the organisation that markets a competitive product.
- You are aged 18 years or older at the time of signing up.
YOUR CONDUCT ON THE WEBSITE
When using our website you warrant that at all times you shall:
- Not submit any material that is illegal or offensive
- Not submit any material designed to deliberately harm a business or product
- Refrain from harassing or stalking other Contributors
- Not solicit personal information from other Contributors
- Not comment or submit any material purporting to giving professional advice
- Not misrepresent who you are in any way
- Not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, our server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected with our website.
- Not to publish content on the site for the benefit of advertising or promoting a commercial entity
- Not advertise, nor link to direct competitors of this site. Such links will be removed and accounts deleted.
ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE
Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We reserve all intellectual property rights to the material on our website.
On submitting material, ie, reviews or comments submitted anywhere on the site, to our website you agree to grant us a worldwide irrevocable royalty-free perpetual licence to use the material for any purpose.
You warrant that you hold the right sufficient to the material you submit to our website.
We reserve the right to:
- Delay the display of material on our website
- Choose not to display material on our Website
- Delete material from our Website
- Remove any commercial or personal references in the material
- Change the spelling or grammar in the material submitted to the website
- Deduct or withdraw 'reward points'
- Ban or remove any member from our data base and site at any time, without notice.
- Make the final decision over friend referral disputes.
YOUR USE OF THE MATERIAL ON OUR WEBSITE
You may print off download extracts of any pages from our website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others to material on our website.
You shall not modify the paper or digital copies of any material you have printed off or downloaded in any way and you shall not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Beauty Review shall be referenced as the independent source of any material reproduced from our website.
You may not use any part of the material on our website for commercial purposes without first obtaining written consent from Beauty Review.
If you breach any of the terms of this clause you shall return to us or destroy any copies of the material you have made and you shall immediately be removed from our website as a Contributor.
OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our website regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises we may suspend access to our website or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our website may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update such material.
You use our website at your own risk.
We and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with the use of our website by you, the material on the website or the products reviewed by you.
You acknowledge that the exercise by us of our rights under these Terms and Conditions does not give rise or constitute an admission of liability by us.
You agree to indemnify and keep us indemnified against any demands proceedings, expenses, costs, loss or damage we may suffer or incur as a result of your use of our website including any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you or the infringement of the rights of a third party.
You acknowledge the relevant jurisdiction under which these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted are the laws of New Zealand.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
You acknowledge that our website may contain links to other websites owned and operated by third parties which are not under our control.
You acknowledge we may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time. You are responsible for ensuring you are familiar with these Terms and Conditions at all times. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our website.
BEAUTY VAULT - REWARDS SALE - T&Cs
- The Beauty Vault can only be accessed by NZ based Beauty Review members with at least 500 Beauty Points, who have been members for 6 weeks, as of 9am vault day.
- The Beauty Vault is open to members aged 18+ as per our website T&Cs.
- In the event of a dispute regarding eligibility to participate in the Beauty Vault the final decision on eligibility will rest with Beauty Review administrators.
- Entry to the Beauty Vault is a privilege not a right. Beauty Review reserves the right to refuse entry to the Beauty Vault for any reason.
- Members will need to log in with their Beauty Review username and password to be able to shop the vault.
- There is limited number of product available. Available quantities are indicated beside each product.
- When the available quantity of each product is exhausted a “sold out” sign will appear on the product indicating there is none left.
- Availability is strictly first come, first served and Beauty Review takes no responsibility for your desired product being out of stock.
- Stock availability is correct at time of loading, this may change due to other members purchasing before a user has checked out.
- All stock is sourced from authorised New Zealand distributors.
- Every effort has been made to accurately describe the products available however Beauty Review takes no responsibility if products differ slightly from their images and descriptions.
- Product quantities are limited in general to one (1) product per item per member, although members may purchase as many different products as their points allow. Some products may have higher purchasing thresholds.
- All stock in the vault is priced in beauty points that indicate the amount of points required to “purchase” each product.
- There is also a beauty dollar price beside each product in $NZ.
- Each $NZ beauty dollar = 10 beauty points
- Beauty Review points are to be exchanged for beauty products in the Beauty Vault.
- Beauty Points are earned through interacting on Beauty Review in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of Beauty Review. Beauty Review reserves the right to deduct membership points for false reviews, or reviews that do not meet the standard and criteria of the site.
- Any suspicions of accruing points in bad faith, ‘points racking’ eg placing disingenuous reviews to earn as many points as possible, shall be investigated by Beauty Review. We reserve the right to remove points in these matters.
- Membership points available to spend will be as each member’s points status at 8.59 am on the date of the vault opening. Points accrued after this time will be unable to be used on the day.
- A maximum 2500 points may be spent in one shop.
5. Purchasing goods in the Beauty Vault:
- As members select products to add to their cart, the system will deduct the points from their beauty points total until their points total is depleted.
- Members are required to have a minimum of 90% of the total points required for to complete the purchases of what is in their cart.
- Members are permitted to make a monetary 'top up' of no more than 10% of the total cost of their selected order (excluding shipping). This amount (if any) is determined by the system during checkout prior to completing the transaction, and is based on the amount of products being purchased.
- The amount required to “top up” is calculated on the difference between the total cart value in beauty points less the amount of beauty points the members has and then converted into beauty dollars by dividing by 10.
- If the member does not have enough Beauty Points to account for 90% of the transaction cost then they will need to remove product from their cart until they have a minimum of 90% of the points required.
- Products to the value of 1000 points are placed in the cart
- The member has 900 points available to spend
- The difference between the available points and the required points is 100 points. (10%) of the order.
- The outstanding difference (100 points) is converted to beauty dollars by dividing by 10. 100/10 = 10.
- The member may make a monetary “top up” of $10 to cover the missing points and to secure their total order.
- Products to the value of 1000 points are placed in the cart
- The member has 800 points available to spend
- The difference between the available points and the required points is 200 points. (20%) of the order.
- The member does not have enough points (90%) to complete the transaction even with a monetary “top up” and must remove some of the products in their cart.
- PayStation will process payment for top up amounts and shipping on a secure server. Beauty Review will not have access to any personal information pertaining to bank accounts, for example card numbers.
- Any refunds of shipping and top up amount will be debited back to the member’s credit card via PayStation.
- The reference on your credit card will be Beauty Review Ltd
Postage & packaging:
- The shipping costs will be: 3 items or less $14.00 4-6 items $17.00, 7 items or more $20.00
- Large items will incur a surcharge, charged per large item. This will be detailed on the checkout page.
- All shipping costs quoted are inclusive of GST
- Multiple orders incur separate postage charges, orders cannot be combined.
- Product will be shipped within New Zealand only.
- No shipment will be made to PO Boxes.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that their shipping address is correct. If a product is returned to Beauty Review, the member will be required to pay any further costs to have the product redelivered.
8. Returns & Damages
- Due to limited stock and hygiene reasons there is a no exchange policy
- In the event of a product having to be returned, we will refund the postage and refund the user's account with the appropriate Beauty Review points.
- Damages - Please contact us before returning any products - If a product arrives damaged please send a description of the damage and photo evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will be using Post Haste and expected delivery times are 2 - 5 working days of being collected from our premises.
- If you haven't received your product after 5 working days of DISPATCH please contact us at email@example.com and a track and trace of your parcel will be implemented. If a 'lost in the post' situation is determined we will refund the postage and refund the user's account with the appropriate Beauty Review points.
10. Website Issues:
- Beauty Review accepts no liability for any unforseen technical issues that may arise due to the high traffic and heavy demand placed on the site on the day. We have taken diligent measures to prevent such issues. Any unforeseen problems will be attended to in a timely manner, but will not affect the opening hours or other rules of the vault
- If you experience any issues on the day please contact us at . This email address is monitored diligently and a prompt response can be expected.
- With respect to any materials you submit or make available for inclusion on the Site (for example 'unboxing' videos, photos or reviews) you grant Beauty Review a perpetual, irrevocable, non-terminable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, copy, distribute, publicly display, modify, create derivative works, and sublicense such materials or any part of such materials.
- All products in the Beauty Box are legitimate products sourced from local NZ distributors. Beauty Review is not responsible for any adverse reactions to products in the Beauty Box. No refunds will be given in the instance of an adverse reaction. Should you experience an unwanted reaction we recommend you discontinue use immediately. If you'd like to provide feedback on a reaction please email and we'll pass your feedback on to our supplier.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our website.