Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Ecoya, where have you been all my life?

20 posts, 10 members
KiwiLass
174 posts
I'm no doubt a bit late to the party with this "discovery", but I have tried quite a few different kinds of scented candles over the years, some pretty good, some not so good. But I finally got around to using the mini Ecoya jar canddle I got from work mates for Secret Santa last Christmas, and OMG what a difference!!! The delicious scent properly fills the room/house, and even when it's not lit it's still a noticeable lovely smell! So from now on, that's the only kind of scented candle I'm buying - it's worth the extra price I reckon!
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I did really love the Sweet Pea and Jasmine scent though it's light but smells so beautiful and sophisticated. Unfortunately it was a bit pricey for me and I didn't get good results when it came to scent throw. I did find a dupe for that with Scentsy the Sweet Pea and Vanilla bar. It's one of my faves from Scentsy. $10 for at least 64 hours of fragrance and that bar seems to clean the stains left behind in my wax warmer by the other darker colored scentsy bars.  
   What's your fave scent line in the Ecoya range?
KiwiLass
174 posts
Ohhhh I haven't tried Scentsy, might have to check it out! From Ecoya, I've now tried the vanilla and the Lotus Flower - both divine, and both really fillup the room/house scent-wise (which many other brands I've tried don't). Today I actually had another scented soy candle arrive (yes, I'm an addict), this one via iherb, by Meyers, so will be interesting to see how that one goes :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I was a candle addict last year but of course I couldn't have them burning overnight and I had to keep somewhat of an eye on them which meant either wait to light them till after I showered at night or have them burn and then blow them out and re-light them after my shower. Then I found Scentsy which which cost a fraction of the price of high end candles with a wide variety of scents to choose from with much more scent throw, I could leave the burner on all the time and just one bar gave me at least 64 hours of fragrance which was more than the 40-50 hours of burning time I got with my larger candles. I was instantly sold and the candles I had quickly became decorative and emergency candles. I use Scentsy almost every night unless I run out or I'm waiting for a Scentsy order to arrive. 
    I do like to use candles for baths though as I like the ambience and they're easier to move and don't need to be plugged in.
Julieal
915 posts
I love Ecoya products -Their shower wash as well is awesome.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i personally find Ecoya to have lovely scents, but very very very subtle. Rustic are similar. I myself prefer Glasshouse, Living Light and another couple of brands - i like the bold, strong scent type most of the time.

I burn candles allllllll the time. Like ALL the time. I work from home and so I justify candles and fresh flowers as business expenses ( I just don't claim them; that'd be cheeky). I usually have refreshing ones during the day and more calming ones for the night
KiwiLass
174 posts
I will have to try Glasshouse now Trudy! I actually bought several Living Ligh candles over the last year, and just found them really hit and miss in terms of scent power (but they are a wonderful Kiwi company). Whereas Ecoya, I've found to be really consistent so far with the scent power filling up the room/house- even when not lit! Maybe it depends on the scent? Who knows? At least we all find our happy place with these divine things:)
tannygirl
3392 posts
   There's also Purple Orchid and Candle Crush which are top rated are good quality for the price. I have the Purple Orchid candles in the background of most of my pics. They look really nice on my dresser and smell really good too. They were bought pre-Scentsy craze. The customer service with that company was really good and they answered my questions well and I was told they triple scent their candles.
    I don't have any Candle Crush ones but I think they had a some fun quirky pictures and writing as well some more unique scents and good deals like a buy 3 and get 1 free with free shipping.
    If you do check out Glasshouse check out the popular Vanilla Caramel one I know that scents the house for hours even after it's been put out. My brother had this one friend that went candle crazy for awhile and bought one with him everywhere and he had expensive tastes and brought this one over for a few hours to burn while they were gaming. My brother's room was right by the stinky toilet and the next day that end of the house didn't smell at all, instead it smelt like vanilla and caramel.
MrsRosie
214 posts
Candles aside.... my friend gave me an Ecoya  Coconut and Elderflower moisteriser (500ml - lucky much!) for my birthday in August and I think I might cry when its empty -Im already half way- its so good. The scent lingers and I can still smell it right until the end of the day. Such a great gift idea too as its not something I would have brought myself. 
Julieal
915 posts
that moisturiser sounds like a new one I can try -Love Ecoya anything !!
Macs
5351 posts
Yeah Ecoya is subtle. I have a vanilla candle from them that I haven't finished off yet. I haven't tried their body care range yet. sounds lovely.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I remember wanting the coconut and elderflower scented lotion so bad around christmas time last year. Forgot about it till now but it's gone straight back on my wishlist! 
MissQT
1547 posts
I'm a bit undecided about ecoya. I've heard great things about it but I've had mixed experiences. Some candles are good but others don't have a strong scent at all (especially the palm leaf one!). I've found melts to be a lot stronger.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Flybuys has an Ecoya section btw ;)

Enjoy! :)

It won't let me link though but just search 'Ecoya' in the Flybuys gift list

candles and lotion and hand wash - oh my!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
It took me ages to save up my flybuys points to get the Ecoya minis gift set and I was so disappointed. I could barely smell them at all. 
KiwiLass
174 posts
Wow, I must have really got lucky with the two Ecoya candles I got then! I currently have bronchitis, and still have had to move the candles out of my bedroom, as the smell is so strong, that I can smell it enough for it to irritate my inflamed lungs/nose - and that's with them unlit! We have a really large house, two stories, several rooms, and one candle really does fill most of the house.
I'm assuming that it's hit and miss though. Someone said they found Living Light candles to be stronger, but I found the opposite.
Might have to try Glasshouse next.
siouxsannah
261 posts
I follow the brand Essano on facebook, and they have just launched a range of scented candles available from New World. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oooooh siouxsannah soy candles? Wonder how much RRP is! Might have to check one out :)
Macs
5351 posts
I would buy one of those siousannah sounds lovely 
KiwiLass
174 posts
Exciting!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!