Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

8 posts, 7 members
my nails grow pretty well but then they seem to just get to the  length I want them at and then start breaking and once one goes the rest seem to follow. It so frustrating. I have only had gels in the past once the beauty therapist said because my nails where in good condition that acrylics would damage them. What do you use any hints or tricks to keep them just the right length. Someone has to be able to help me nail it. I've tried a bunch of products but haven't found anything that has made a difference as yet. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Since taking zinc pills my nails have changed dramatically. Also the collegan pills I was on a trial for....wow they made my nails amazing. I also rub then with coconut oil, rosehip or argan. My nails are in the best condition ever right now. Hardly break and grow mega fast.
Macs
5351 posts
I take care of my nails weekly. I buff, treat , file and paint. I've noticed since I've been caring for them that I haven't had any breakage.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
To keep your nails in great condition, you should be using a cuticle oil or cuticle balm twice per day. This will nourish your nail and may minimise the appearance of some damage. File any snags as soon as they happen, even if you're wearing polish or enhancements / extensions, and never pick off polish or nail enhancements, as you will pull off layers of nail plate with it. 

IBX Treatment is the best thing to strengthen natural nails. Unlike store bought nail hardening products that get painted on and just sit under polish, IBX sinks into the nail plate, strengthening it from within.

To find a professional nail tech near you, who does IBX Treatment, use this link and where it says "Any service", use the drop down menu to select IBX - it'll show all techs nationwide who offer that service and if you click on the pin nearest you, you'll be able to get all the relevant nail tech / salon details.

If you have any other nail related questions, please feel free to ask. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I don't know if you encounter this problem, but I find that I get little tears and splits around the corners of my nails and they can rip and break off so. As soon as I notice it getting rough and likely to catch on something I just have my file handy and smooth it out, even it means my nail is lob sided for awhile then once I get more length I can even it out. 

RamblingRose
1280 posts
When used daily, cuticle oil can help prevent nails from splitting and cracking, as it enhances nail flexibility and helps prevent brittleness. It's also a great moisturiser for the skin around the nails.  

When applying cuticle oil, a drop should be applied to the skin at the base of the nail and then massaged into the skin around the nail, over the cuticle and onto the nail plate itself. Massage gently until the oil is absorbed, even if you're wearing nail polish, as the oil will help keep your polish flexible too, and prevent it chipping and cracking for much longer.

If you suffer from really brittle nails that chip and break often, a course of IBX Treatment would definitely help to strengthen your nails. 

itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I mostly use nail hardener.
MissQT
1547 posts
I agree with cuticle oil. If you don't have any, coconut or olive oil works too. Revitanail is also good as a nail strengthener 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!