Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Effective hand treatments

20 posts, 16 members
SandieNZ
424 posts
My hands are so dry and (I think) really show my age.  4 kids and constant nappies and handwashing have left the skin on my hands pretty much worn out!  I use the Norwegian handcream a lot which I love, but recently I've started to use Rosehip oil at nights as a handcream and it's really making an improvement.  Has anyone esle found any other methods to help improve hands?
-Bex-
611 posts
Great thread I will be watching this I too need would love to read what others do. I'm using sukin Rosehip oil at night under the Sukin hand cream I think it's making a bit of a difference 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I don't know if it improves your hands, but I like to use sugar scrubs. I just mix sugar and oil and my hands are so silky smooth its ridiculous!
sunelizabeth
410 posts
Ecostore body butter is AMAZING! My hands get very abused from a physical job and this is my absolute saviour!! Also hand baths with some oil in the water is really nice.
MareeB
5244 posts
I mostly use Vaseline cocoa glow because I love the smell, but it keeps my hands and nail feeling soft as well.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
The Natio Spa Heavenly Hand Cream is nice, it's my default at the moment and it smells lovely :)
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
oasis rhino cream
this cream was my turning point every night I rub some on and let it do its thing x
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I really like the Fiji hand creams, so soft and gentle but super moisturising, and I'm super fussy when it comes to hand creams as I dont' use them anywhere near as much as I should, problem is its so expensive lol xx
Macs
5351 posts
I havent been looking after my hands.
trudijoy
8375 posts
mine are quite nice but I work at that. I have handcream literally everywhere. Lounge, bathroom, bedroom, handbag, workbag, car, classroom, computer bag etc. When I put on a facemask I also use it to scrub my hands. Pretty much every time I wash my hands I lotion my hands. Worth it though :)
Ringy
825 posts
The Body Shop's hemp hand cream is great although not the best scent but it's my go to when my hands are in bad shape, then I go back to the nice smelling ones that don't really seem to do as much. 
Jurlique do nice hand creams too and they smell good too. 
SandieNZ
424 posts
Sounds like there are a couple of amazing handcreams that I need to try!  Thanks ladies :)
MrsLissy
301 posts
If you've been using rosehip oil and have been using it effective then you should give the Essano Rosehip Hand Creme a go. I use it and it's lovely. Layering the rosehip oil and the hand creme would be a pretty intensive treatment for your hands. I've reviewed it here already :D
SandieNZ
424 posts
Thanks MrsLissy, I'll go check it out now :)
Mila
1209 posts
I got given a tupbe of the Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector for xmas a year or so ago and I love it ....I do a fair bit of cleaning and also handle weights regularly which make for some less than soft hands ...but this has really helped keep them soft and supple :)
janini9
341 posts
I'm like Trudijoy, I have handcream everywhere and always moisturise my hands everytime they get wet. The best hand creams I have that really moisturise without being greasy or sticky and smell delicious are Therapy, Apicare, Antipodes, MOR and my favourite Royal Apothic. I also use Lush Lemon Flutter cuticle cream after gardening. It's a bit sticky and greasy but it works, and sometimes I pop on a pair of cotton gloves if the greasiness annoys me.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I probably go overboard with my handcare but I don't get dry, cracked hands anymore so don't stray too far from it during the cooler months.   Everyday, after every handwash I use a luxury handcream, like Lush, The Body Shop or L'Occitane.  When I wash I only use handwash that is moisturising my current favourite (that I have one bottle at home and one at work) is Mor Blood Orange Hand & Body Wash.   After lunch I always rub Trilogy everything balm into my cuticles and knuckles as these get the most driest.   Once or twice a week I give my cuticles a clean up and file my nails, use Lush Lemon Flutter Cuticle Cream and then coat with a clear base or top coat, base if I am adding colour, top coat if I am not as it acts as a barrier for the water seeping into your cuticles and nails which is does and then dries them out causing them to become dry, cracked, brittle and soft. 
SandieNZ
424 posts
That's really interesting about water seepage Kirsty - I wonder if that's a major reason why my nails are always so soft?  My eldest is nearly 12 so I've done a LOT of handwashing for the past few years and it never occured to me that my nails could be soft because of that!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Weleda Skinfood is my holy grail for a handcream at night. I actually feel a difference when I use it at night as opposed to other handcreams.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh using a scrub on my hands before bed twice a week leaves my hands feeling soft and able to absorb products. I like to rub a bit of bodyoil or coconut into my hands before bed and then layer an emollient handcream over that.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!