Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Your favorite hydrating face mask

21 posts, 13 members
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Does anyone have any recommendations for 'natural' or organic hydrating face masks? I have a Natio one but it's not that great so I'm in the market for a new one, if you have any thoughts I'd love to hear them :)
kirstyj
1732 posts
I thought honey and oats were good natural things for face masks. Don't have any recipes for you though I'm afraid :)
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Thank you, good point. I hadn't thought of making my own. If I find a recipe I'll put it in this thread :)
Head Pixie
569 posts
There are some amazing sounding DIY masks in our vid category for this, check them out here - I'm quite keen to give the hydrating wine mask a go :)

trudijoy
8375 posts
head pixie I hope that's a hydrating wine mask that's applied orally :p
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have crap wine in the fridge thats only suitable for cooking (and not even then) so I would love to turn it into a mask! I just need to get the yogurt haha
MrsRosie
214 posts
I often make my own, found a page ive kept from Good Health magazine (might find them on their website?)
The hydrating mask is as follows (Quoted from page)
1 ripe avocado - dont throw out your ripe ones use them to make a hydrating face mask, avos are rich in mono-saturated fats, oleic acids and phytosterols.
1 egg white at room temp
1 tsp lemon juice
 - Always start with a clean dry face
- Mix all ingredients together, using a whisk or fork making sure there are no lumps.
- With your fingertips or a cotton ball spread the mask on your face and neck avoiding the eyes and mouth.
 - If it looks like you've covered your face in guacamole, you're on the right track!
- Let it dry for about 30mins then rince off thoroughly with warm water.

There are others too, Anti-wrinkle/Exfoliating/Acne/Refreshing/Soothing...let me know if you want to try any more :) x
Macs
5351 posts
You should look at those face masks that were linked by Kellie. I been meaning to try a couple of them out. I've tried some lush ones but they dont have long shelf life. I think a manuka honey mask would be good .
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lush Mask of  Magnaminty has a longer shelf life but it's quite intense lol.  I love the effect but the first five mins are uncomfortable.
Jesse
745 posts
In my experience Mask of Magnamity is probably the opposite of a hydrating mask, it's more a cleansing, purifying mask and can be quite harsh.
For hydrating I quite like Lushs Brazened Honey and Oatifix Fresh Face masks which you store in the fridge, but they do have shorter shelf lifes.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sorry - yes Jesse you're right, Magnaminty isn't hydrating. Was responding to the point about the shelf life and forgot that it was initially about hydration.

My skin is oily; I don't look for hydration the same way. I do find Brazened Honey is good for my skin though; maybe that's a good middle-of-the-road place to start if it works for both?
Head Pixie
569 posts
@trudijoy Ha! I was buying red wine for a stew a few weeks ago and the lady at the bottle store told me it pays to buy a good red wine for food because 'one for the food two for you' - genius! Same should definitely apply for masks :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
head pixie, I used to work in an alcohol store while I was in uni and so I'm going to go ahead and claim that the tenuous link makes me an industry expert who swears that all wine needs to be well tested every time you use it no matter what for, and that said testing really should happen via your mouth ;)
tannygirl
3392 posts
I really like Evolu's Rehydration Rescue Masque. I often use it on a night I'm exfoliating or do a clay masque or peel and then use it in place of a night cream. It's light and hydrating and leaves your skin feeling nice the next day.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ooooh I like that Head Pixie he he he. My favourite mask, ummm to be honest I don't hae a favourite one, I've been quite bad with face masks at the moment.  I used to have an endless supply of them when I was subscribed to Memebox but now they are no longer sending to NZ, I've kind of gone into a Mask Funk lol 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Oh I forgot to mention my favourite hydrating face mask is the Origins Drink Up Intensive Night Mask (I've done a review here on BR, but I don't know how to link). They say their brand is "Natural" but I've never done any research into the brand to see what they mean by that. Unfortunately it is a wee bit more expensive at USD$17 for the small tube, but I do find it lasts a while.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Thank you everyone :)

I will go check out the video links and do some more research. I don't know if it's the seasonal weather or age but my skin is much more dry than it has been on previous winters and is desperately in need of some TLC. Maybe some mulled wine would be appropriate too hehe ;)
SandieNZ
424 posts
I absolutely love the Manuka Dr ApiNourish facemask - it feels so amazing and my skin feels so soft afterwards.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
It's not 'natural' but Clinique's moisture surge overnight mask is amazing stuff. I think it's now sold in a smaller tube also so it's cheaper.
JannyLi
1 posts
I prefer making my own masks. I use natural products and butters, like Shea Butter Refined (if you're interested in it too, it's a fantastic thing!) and I think it's way better than buying masks. In this case you know for sure what it consists of and there almost no risk of having an allergic reaction.
tannygirl
3392 posts
The Trilogy Mineral Radiance Mask is really good for a 2-in-1 as it hydrates, soothes and deep cleanses too. I plan to buy more once I've used up what I currently have.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!